Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Total Scum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Scum

well i come home today with my little brother an see that we both forgot our keys, so as i was walkn around the house i noticed a window had been broken an glass was both inside and outside, an then i found a prtable playstation game n our driveway an was like wow this cant b happpening, i called my mom an she quickly called the sheriff. He came an searched the house, once cleared we entered, an boom it was awful, around 6 grand in guns and 2 grand in electronics....gone. Somehow they had gotten into the case were all the guns were an got all of them but a hidden 9mm and 2 hidden shotguns. This was the 7th break in around our county in 4 days, and all similar, all guns and electronics, but to top it off no fingerprints. So if youre in southeastern ohio, anywhere around perry county watch your things, you may be next.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM

That Sucks

I used to hate when that stuff happens, they just wait for you to leave and then bam. I really love that one in texas where the grandmother shot the guy in the leg. I really wish it was like that. There's only one reason they are there, to rob you, if you tell them to leave or you'll shoot and they refuse, hey they just gave you permision to make sure they get caught. I hate the way things work sometimes. I always play it safe but when/if something happens to my girl (future kids) I will always take a life before I give one of the familys up.

Glad to know nobody was hurt or injured. It does feel weird when somebody else was in your house and all.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:23 PM

Man i hate to hear that. I HATE a Edit thief!!! The electronics you can replace....but if your guns are like mine, they have more sentimental value than anything, and cant be replaced!!!!

A.Y.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM

That is 100% true, many of the guns had a lot of memories with them, from how we got them to the things we've experienced with them. TAS05CTD610 said another great point, noone was hurt it just feels so weird and so violated.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM

i got hit 3 times in less than 18 months!...the last time,my insurance told me if i filed another robbery claim,they would drop me.and just see what kinda rates you get with 3 break-in claims in less than 2 years....as much as i dont like dogs,that was the answer.no more break- ins,but one unlucky loser that said he was out of gas just going to ask for help one night,with a pretty chewed up arm on him now!......................bama
Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
That's a rough way to start a new year.

I realize it's locking the barn after the horse has run off but that's one main reason I invested in one of these last year.

Electronics can be easily replaced, if my guns got in the wrong hands, I'd have a hard time sleeping at night.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 PM

That looks like a hell of a safe, what kind is it? I've always thought about having a concrete vault built into my foundation to slide a decent size safe into for guns/cash/etc...and then building some sort of false wall/bookcase in front of it. Having only one side exposed would probably do a lot for fire resistance too.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
A few yrs back I left the house and about 15 minutes out I realized I forgot something and turned back.
I pulled up to the front door and side door hanging open, I ran to the back and one shotgun was on the lawn. They must have took off.
I go inside and this is whats amazing...the fridge, stove, micro, gun case from upstairs and a dresser GONE!
I go downstairs and the big screen, washer/dryer, freezer and all the electronics...GONE!
They must've had a crew to do this.
Some time goes by and I am invited over to a house for dinner.
I walk in and it was like I went home.
I never said a thing. I just tallied up what all was mine in that house. I figured out that the guy that did this was an ex to my old room mates sister.
He was at my house once.
I left and reported it to the police. Since I was paid out, everything was seized and then was put up for auction. I got some of it back for a real good deal.

More often then not someone you know has said something at the wrong time for specific items to disappear.

A meter reader in the city got nabbed for casing out homes for his buddies to raid here.

Sorry to hear of this...its a real uneasy feeling when it happens.

Scotty
Old 01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stealing from scotty is like....like.....Writing a death wish...Hey scotty, Can we get a pic of you to know how HUGE you really are?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by iker42
Stealing from scotty is like....like.....Writing a death wish...Hey scotty, Can we get a pic of you to know how HUGE you really are?
No

LOL

Well, I might put one up in my gallery...maybe
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 AM

Iker ... you haven't been following the "Thong" posts too closely have you ?

Sorry to hear of the break-in. Did you at least have all of the serial numbers for the guns in case they turn up in a pawn shop or something ?

PISTOL
Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The safe I bought from Bass Pro Shops was a RedHead brand.
Paid ~$600, weighs ~500 lbs. empty, quite a bit more loaded.
They won't be carrying it out the door anytime soon.

There are better safes out there for more bucks, but it depends on who you're trying to keep out.
The pros are going to get in it either way.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:22 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any leads?

Not to be a jerk, but a lot of times when there are younger adults or kids in the home, the perp. is one of their friends or friends of friends.

When I read an artical about home invasion (not that that is what happened here) the chances are even higher that the person doing the invading is in there after guns or drugs. Or, guns to sell to buy drugs, or any other combination invloving drugs or guns.

Most "normal" people don't have what it takes to enter someone else's home and take their belongings. Ticks me off.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:59 AM

GUNS BELONG IN A SAFE! (or on your person)

Sorry to hear about that.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your luck. I don't have my guns is a safe either. I have them in a gun cabinet to look at and enjoy, but I think I am be getting a safe so for safety reason. It is a sorry world were we have to lock up things that we enjoy just so they won't be stolen.

Quick Reply: Total Scum