Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thank You DTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You DTR

today, october 5, i have been a member of this site for a year. i have been a huge fan of diesels since i was a kid. anyways, after the hurricane rita evacuation, i realized how much i really wanted a diesel due to the pulling power and just plain cool factor. i also knew there was none better to get than a dodge with a cummins. after getting back home and reconnecting the computer i quickly searched for any info i could on cummins dodges and on the top of the list was a website called diesel truck resource. i searched around the site for a little bit, and decided to become a member to share my enthusiasm and gain some knowledge before my first diesel purchase. during my membership i have learned many new things, chatted w/ many interesting and helpful people. i just want to thank everyone for being all around nice people and especially to Mr. Jack Thorpe and Mr. Lary Ellis for maintaining the site and making this the best cummins/dodge website available. now a year after first signing up, i realize that a cummins probably isnt the best choice for a daily driver for myself, but i would love to continue to visit and chat with everyone and give help and sometimes recieve help. thanks again and let's keep DTR #1!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Banned

Don't give jack and lary a compliment. They can barely fit their head through the door as it is.

I've been driving my CTD sicne I bought it brand new 5 years ago this april. I definately didn't need it but I wanted it so I got it. In these 5 years I've made some of the best friends I could ever ask for, met some of the nicest people, learned more useless knowledge from this website than I do in school, and I've learned alot about growing up and becoming an adult from all of the great people on here.

I am very fortunate to drive a CTD. But just because you don't drive a CTD doesn't mean you can't stop in and visit and BS and what not. I mean look at Hoss. He used to drive an F-250 gasser and he was still allowed on here. Your more than welcome at my place or on here anytime.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 AM

He used to drive an F-250 gasser and he was still allowed on here.

That was when Hoss swore that Ford owned Cummins wasn't it?????

Gary
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 AM

What do you mean "that WAS WHEN"

He still swears they DO!
Chris
Old 10-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Derek, but Jack and I just keep the place on the internet, the Quality of the members keeps it #1
Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

I think we should ban all members that don't own a CTD

Actually, I enjoy your posts, and guys like you that are here without one go to prove that even though the Cummins engine is the tie that binds us, the people are what make DTR what it is.

And a 12v would make a great DD for you
Old 10-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Registered

i agree with blue, i could rattle off many many more different parts for a truck and how to fix a 24v, than i could equations for lines in algebra II.