Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Still reeling and sick

Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Still reeling and sick

Hi guys, I know there are many firearm owners on this sight that understand how to properly use guns and respect them for what they are. This isn't an anti gun rant.

I am sickened by what happened at the movie theater in Colorado Friday morning and am frustrated at the individual's future who caused all of this.

My position is the perpetrator should be classified as a domestic terrorist and tried as such. Rather than death as a deterrent he should be treated as the rodent that he is and basically be allowed to rot in a small cell. No medical, no dental, no nothing. 1 small meal a day, just enough to keep him coherent that his situation is punishment. When he is gone, unmarked grave.

Inhumane? Hell, yes. But not even close to the cowardly act of shooting unarmed people and ruining countless lives. Sick, just sick.

The press and media should also at this point, stop using the name of the perp and not release his picture and focus on the survivors stories and use
the time to raise funds to help pay the expenses of the victims of the event.

A good point was made by the Colorado governor that if not a gun, they will resort to bombs and other types of things to reign terror on innocents, many items readily available and info to create them available also.

I feel that if those of us that have CCP's were present we may have been able to make a difference and reduce the damage. Interestingly, it seems these types of events do not often take place in areas of high concealed carry areas or venues, reference the coffee shop shooting in Seattle a couple months ago, schools, etc. For as liberal as the northwest coast is, Washington has had an excellent stance on second amendment rights as long as I have lived here and shown reasonable thinking regarding firearms and their usage. An above average amount of residents hold CCP's.

Sorry, I am not naive' to human beings and their idiosyncrasies, just sickened and a little less cheerful after hearing of this horrible tragedy.

Prayers to all affected.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:25 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guns will be blamed.

but it could have been much worse with far more available equipment.

I vote for a hanging.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
guns will be blamed.

but it could have been much worse with far more available equipment.

I vote for a hanging.
On the other hand, if open carry were the norm he would not have tried this dastardly thing, because if he did he'd be lucky to get 3 shots off before he was turned into Swiss cheese.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
On the other hand, if open carry were the norm he would not have tried this dastardly thing, because if he did he'd be lucky to get 3 shots off before he was turned into Swiss cheese.
You got that right!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 PM

and there would have been a couple secondary deaths. too many guns in public could be bad since no one knows anyone anymore.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:31 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I vote for a hanging.
But not by the neck (at first).
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
We're all sickened by this BS society that we live in. Everything this piece of ...... wanted to happen is happening to him. he's safe and sound in some jail cell protected by another hunk of ....... lawyer that is defending his rights. His rights ? He shouldn't have any rights. You give them up when you do things like this, at least in my world... the world of what's right and wrong.

So, since he made no attempt at denying what he did. He set out to make himself .....formerly a peon in life.... now part of our written history, here in the US. He used this act to make himself famous. Period the end.

MLK, Kennedy, colombine, 911, Virginia tech and all the others. he's made himself a "point in time" that history will remember, and it's just disgusting that this entity we call our "media" is playing along with his intended role.

Here's what should be done with him....

Taken out into central section of the town, and drawn and quartered. 4 horses, pickup trucks, motorcycles.... whatever you want... Just make it bloody and graphic. Make sure that the statements are made that we will not tolerate this, and this is what happens to those who choose to become these "self proclaimed bearer of innocent death". Let the families do what they want to him in the process.

Screw this "forgiveness crap". I'm tired of hearing people plead their cases for forgiveness for these people. They don't need forgiveness. they need pain and death.... and be done with them. They're of no use to society, and that's what they deserve. You get what you give.

Force the media to stop this onslaught of hypocrisy for ratings. We don't need to freaking know who he was, what he did for a living, who his friends were, his facebook social level or anything else. We just want him dead, and cremated as soon as possible. Stop this martyring of this human waste, and be done with it.

If everyone carried guns the bastard would have been dead after the first round...
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM

If guns had been banned prior to this, he would have used bombs and could have killed the entire theater. He had bombs in his house. I'm just saying. You can't blame guns entirely.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
If everyone carried guns the bastard would have been dead after the first round...
I doubt it. he was wearing body armor. the concealed carry aspect was considered.
If more were armed then those that died would have died trying.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Agreed...

I was watching a program the other night, where this "professor" or whatever she was was being interviewed about people who work in convenience stores who "fight back".

Her overall viewpoint was to "not" fight back, as she claimed that 90% of the people who fought back wound up dead at the hands of their attacker. I call BS as the videos they were playing.... which were dozens of surveillance videos in gas stations, and other frontal type retail stores, were of people who worked there fighting back against these thugs who were attempting to rob them at gunpoint or other means. The show was all about fighting back caught on tape, and her opinion was that these people were all making the mistake of their lives..... her "opinion"... yeah.

Well, I would rather die fighting back then to allow them to just walk all over me. There have been hundreds of surveillance videos posted on the net where people didn't fight back, and the crap heads killed them anyway. I told my wife is she's ever caught in a situation where someone is trying to abduct her, or otherwise, to fight back like your life depended on it... as it probably would.

When the hell is america going to wake up ?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM

I worked in a convenience store in college. A couple times when we would have meetings after a store robbery (yeah, the whole company did that) when they would tell us not to fight back, I pointed out that they barely paid me enough not to help the BG.

Seriously tho, I never got robbed, got threatened a couple times. and they really didn't pay me enough. I had shop lifters arrested just to annoy someone, other than that, I couldn't care less...

btw, for anyone thinking of hitting a stop and rob, on average, every cop in town, every county cop, and the local state guy is by atleast once a shift.

If you work at one a week, you know every cop in the region
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I doubt it. he was wearing body armor. the concealed carry aspect was considered.
i think you if you spent more time on the range you would realize that statement just simply isn't true. A bullet would pass right through that gas mask he was wearing..... I carry and I train constantly to make head shots. I specifically have targets the size of a human eyeball that I shoot with my 45.

I just purchased a new pistol and went out and promptly put one round 1/2 inch to the right of the eye and the next round in it. 2 shots only from a new pistol and that at 25 ft. I do this specifically so I am ready for a body armor scenario.

I think there are a lot more highly competent shooters out there than you realize, and even though I shoot above the norm .....all it takes is practice...practice...practice...just about anyone can achieve a similar level with diligent practice.

A single well placed round would have ended the whole mess.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
i think you if you spent more time on the range you would realize that statement just simply isn't true. A bullet would pass right through that gas mask he was wearing..... I carry and I train constantly to make head shots. I specifically have targets the size of a human eyeball that I shoot with my 45.

I just purchased a new pistol and went out and promptly put one round 1/2 inch to the right of the eye and the next round in it. 2 shots only from a new pistol and that at 25 ft. I do this specifically so I am ready for a body armor scenario.

I think there are a lot more highly competent shooters out there than you realize, and even though I shoot above the norm .....all it takes is practice...practice...practice...just about anyone can achieve a similar level with diligent practice.

A single well placed round would have ended the whole mess.
I have no doubt there are some accurate shots out there. and there are probably quite a few people feeling guilty for not carrying that night or for being in a different theater when that went down.
Alas, I hope I never have to find out how accurate I am when being shot at. but Im going to spend some time at the range to hopefully be more prepared.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Some people just shouldn't ever own a weapon let alone AR15 with a 100 round mag. The red hair should have set off a red flag with any gun dealer with half a brain. I wonder if the gun dealer that sold him the weapons has any remorse? I wouldn't have sold this POS a can of gun oil, but these days it's all about the money.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by BigIron70
Some people just shouldn't ever own a weapon let alone AR15 with a 100 round mag. The red hair should have set off a red flag with any gun dealer with half a brain. I wonder if the gun dealer that sold him the weapons has any remorse? I wouldn't have sold this POS a can of gun oil, but these days it's all about the money.
My guess is he painted his hair red just before he started his attack....As a Gun Dealer myself I can tell you that IF he purchased his AR-15 from a Dealer then he was approved by the FBI to own it...we can NOT sell a rifle without the OK from the FBI.

If he purchased from a private party, no check was done. Don't be too quick to jump on the Dealers, we all have to follow the letter of the Law before we can sell a weapon to anyone.

As far as the 100 rd mag goes, that probably saved lives because it did just what they have a tendency to do....JAM.....They have to be loaded with extremely clean ammo and dusted with graphite powder to keep from locking up as that one did...and they still do from time to time.

Had he been simply using 30 or 40 round mags in a jungle clip configuration, he could have fired a lot more rounds in less time......Had he been a pro he would have known this, but instead he is a CRAZY nut and we are lucky he didn't simply firebomb the place taking far more lives.

Crazy people...you can outlaw all the guns, explosives, knives, chainsaws, axes, whatever.....and they will STILL find a way to do a dastardly thing like this piece of crap did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Still reeling and sick