Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

steal proofing your RAM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
there is a bodyshop here in town that had some low rider behind the fence, the POS thieves shot the 2 dobies and stole the wheels off the low rider.

another thing that is happening is there are people driving around taking pictures of vehicles, emailing them deep into mexico and they are creating catalogs. they show the catalogs to their "customers" and the customer picks out a rig, then the guys here in the states get a message of what vehicle has just been ordered, follow you around and get to know your habits, then take your rig when the time is good. They have lookouts at the borders and tell them where the best route to take to get back across to mexico. The mexican government is so corrupt and we sit by and watch. There was 48 Black Denali's stolen in 1 month in El Paso and 1 of the truck owners was a well to do business man and went into mexico and found all 48 lined up on the side of a highway ready for transport. the sad thing is that once it is across the border, there is NOTHING you can do. Once it is across the border it is not considered U.S. property anymore. We need to contact our state reps and start causing a scene to get things done about this. It is getting out of control and it seems our government is not willing to help. As far as I am concerned, it is a form of Terrorism and I thought we were at war with terrorism. And to think that there are a TON of vehicles made down there so the manufactures can save a few dollars and increase their profits and take jobs away from the folks of the UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the rant, needed to vent.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBRAHS your post reminds me of a news story from a few years ago, an H2 was stolen and it had a gps tracking system, I dont remember if it was a cop or the owner tracked it into mexico just across the border and he saw a federalie get into it, they took pics, and the idiots had not even removed the Texas tags. of course as soon as it made the news the hummer turned out burned to a crisp.

I wonder if insurance companies have anything to do with Grand Theft Auto? They pay off in the Billions in stolen vehicles, why wouldnt they make a fuss bout stricter laws and such, i mean they do have the money. unless we just dont hear about it.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:46 PM

I have a RAVELCO unit in my truck, disables several circuits, impossible to hot wire, much better than a kill switch. In fact, the MEXICAN GOV uses the RAVELCO to protect their vehicles from theft. I also have the JimmiJammers on all 4 doors, the JimmiJammer tailgate anti-theft and the JimmiJammer tail light anti theft. The factory alarm is VERY sensitive to both motion and sound, will go off if they try to break in via the door handle edges.

So, the truck will make lots of noise if they just try to get into it, the JimmiJammers will prevent access to just flipping the door lock up, and the best suprise will be the RAVELCO disconnecting several circuits. They could still break a window to get in, but again the factory alarm will make lots of noise, but they are going nowhere without the engine running and that's the beauty of the RAVELCO. The only way they will take my truck is with a flatbed. Always back into a parking space wherever I can so they cannot just plug into the hitch to pull it off. I turn the wheels tight to one direction - makes the truck travel in a circle, REALLY hard to pull onto a flatbed. I set the emergency brake, another deterent to the dragging onto the flatbed process. Do as many things as you can to deter them, if they see that you have all these things in play, they will usually move to another truck because yours is just too much hastle to steal. It is not a perfect anti theft program, but it certainly messes with their normal routine of theft. They know they do not have a lot of time, if it isn't quick and easy you will still have your truck when they finally give up trying to steal it.

CD
Old 09-01-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TreeFarm
Two questions:

1. Does that really work in all cases? In some cases, can't the IP suck at least some fuel past an inoperative lift pump?

2. Is there no chance of damage? Won't some injection pumps be damaged by low or no fuel pressure at their intake?
I say the majority of the 3rd gens will either not run or run very well without the lift pump.

MikeyB
Old 09-02-2007, 05:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Install an immobilizer. I had one on my truck and even if the ignition switch is removed and a screwdriver or other tools are used, the truck will not start.
Whenever I parked my truck I used a truck Club and the immobilizer. Sure, no anti-theft device will stop a determined thief, but just those two together will slow them down enough to maybe discourage them.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
They could still break a window to get in, but again the factory alarm will make lots of noise, CD
It will? Mine didn't make any noise.