Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

St Patty's day hangover break room 3/18 to3/24

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks Lary.

Today is national bombers blow yourself up, day. I'll be celebrating with some of your biscuits and fresh preserves. Hopefully raspberry or strawberry are available. That will pay homage to the firefighters who have to wash out the bombers car of guts and blood .

Watching the snow fall, as they're all over the map. 2.9" to 17" totals

They have no idea...

Enjoy the day fellas
Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Lary - - ya did good. Too bad - - - I hit Bob Evans with about 25 friends this morning. Had a big Western Omelet (egg whites only) and a dish of fruit. Stuffed still. Oh well, have to check it out first thing tomorrow before eating.

Wow, lots happening this morning with the bomber doing his thing. Thankfully that will be his last "thing" except stand before God and answer for his "wonderful" deeds. What a jerk. Amazing what must go thru the mind of someone like that.

And you gang members up in the snow belt - - wow are you getting it. You think it is time abut time to open the windows and take off the snow tires - - and here it comes again. We had a cold spell come in last night. Only going to hit a high of 70 today. BBBrrrrrr...........

OK, phill up with ph00 and hit the landscaping again - - poor back. OUCH

Old 03-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Another storm headed our way with predicted numbers all over the map.
Glad I’m skipping town tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:28 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hi gang. After reading what some of you are going through and about to go through weather-wise, I sure am glad that I am down south. The last few days here have been fairly warm with a high around 32C. Humidity only around 40%, so the heat does not feel that bad, unless you stand or work in the sun for 15 minutes.

Scotty, hope that you are heading away from that crazy weather and not into it.

This week have been slaving away trying to fix up a rental house I own. The tenants left and promised to leave it in the same condition they found it in. Yeah right! They did not do any real damage, but due to many small dings and scrapes in the walls, rust stains on the tile floors etc, I am forced to repaint over half the interior. The outside needs painting anyway, so this will keep me very busy for at least the next week or so. Need to replace a lock on an aluminum door due to the guts being broken. How is it possible to break parts inside a door lock? This is a three story building so getting more than my share of exercise running up and down the stairs, up and down ladders etc. Phew, getting tired just writing about this!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Spring equinox is here, so the sun gets all the way up to about 45° at high noon. That's a lot better than the twenty coupla around Christmas. Snow banks should be mostly gone in another couple of weeks.

Birds are singing, cats are multiplying, Rabbits running all over the place. Spring has sprung, I do believe.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:58 PM

Stan,
You sound a bit like what I am going thru. I am paying the price from slacking last spring in sprucing up the yard - - wow I am sore. I have pulled weeds from in/under/around plants, on my knees by the hour. Can't spray them or will kill the plant. So far, 5 big trash bags full of weeds I have pulled and I am about 1/4th done. Included is removing dead plants, putting in new ones, pruning, spraying for weeds where possible and fertilizing before the mulch goes down. So far I have put out 45 bags of mulch - - still have 100 more to go. I am really sore in the back from all the knee work. Then, soon as that is done, I have the house of my wife's sister that just died to dispose of all furniture, oversee many repairs and paint interior complete and get it on the market. While doing all this, have to oversee some major renovations on one of our office buildings for a new tenant and paint exterior complete. HELP - - - stop the train - - I want off and go play some tennis. .............

No ph00, but it's late, so pass. Gotta catch up on emails. Y'all be good.

BusyBob
Old 03-23-2018, 06:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hot coffee, fresh phoo and breakfast for all of you!
Fresh fruit, oatmeal and pastries in the warming oven, help yourselves and lets get to work!

Safe Day out there fellows
Old 03-23-2018, 10:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
G'day. Been running since early this morning and just stopped for a quick cuppa. Lary, really do appreciate the effort with the fruit etc, but next time could you please not leave the fresh fruit in the warming oven. It is now in the fridge.

Another gorgeous day down here.

Ciao.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
7° cold and clear.
Had a semi take out an overpass on the main highway to Anchorage Wednesday afternoon. The south bound lanes where closed. The only alternate route is through down town Eagle River. I left for work early enough to miss most of it, but I was still half an hour late. Others said they where 7 hour late getting into Anchorage.
http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Gle...477677213.html
Old 03-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Down to only 4 bunnies now. A dog got one and a cat got another. Time to go hunting for strays.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Lary, really do appreciate the effort with the fruit etc, but next time could you please not leave the fresh fruit in the warming oven. It is now in the fridge.
Fresh Fruit in fridge...GOOD

Fresh Fruit in warming oven....BAD

OK I think I got it
Old 03-24-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
7° cold and clear.
Had a semi take out an overpass on the main highway to Anchorage Wednesday afternoon. UPDATE: Friday morning detour route set for Glenn Highway
Hey Coug - - that pic brought back lots of memories. Been up and down that road many times. Usually stayed in Wasilla campground when near Anchorage. My other favorite campground in the that area was Williwaw in Portage Valley. How cool to have the salmon swimming in the stream right beside the RV. Or, have the horrible scenery (NOT) right out our dining window of three glaciers looking down on us. Mama, can I go back?????

Just back from another funeral. Wow, 4 in 4 weeks. Man in my Sunday School class. Really great guy. Will miss him.

Taking rest of day off. Gorgeous day here again. 70 degrees, warm sun, gentle breeze and flowers blooming everywhere. Finished the weeding, planting, fertilizing of the front of the house yesterday. Remainder will have to wait until I get things moving on the fix up of sis-in-laws house to put it up for sale.

I put a small ph00 on - - about two cups left in the pot. Come get it.