Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Sprung Spring breakroom 3/8 - 3/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Maybe I should start eating mice and birds.
It can be done though I don't recommend it for any lengthy period of time..
Old 03-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Uhh Elder Twin,you're my relative so relative is different for everyone.
You're different.

Stanamex is too.
So we're all relatively relatives.

Second launch sequence initiated.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Uhh Elder Twin, You're different.
I am NOT and neither am I!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
I see everybody is in fine form. Must be spring.

Have a quick computer fan question. Need to vent an area in my truck. Any reason why I can't use a 4" or 5" 12v computer muffin fan? Can't seem to find the max voltage ratings for these on the internet. Don't want to go to the bother of building a voltage dropping or regulating circuit. All the fans that I have looked at just say 12 volt. What if I used a 24 volt fan?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Stan, I've had no problem using 12V muffin fans to cool inverters and amplifiers on my rig. With the sound setup I had in my old Ramcharger, I didn't need to run the heater much. Just the AC a lot.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Like ^^^ says, go fer it.

Been waiting all day for the UPS driver with my new cross slide table for the drill press.

Checked tracking at 5:30 and got the red letter "package delayed by extreme weather."

I make it up the driveway with an empty 1 ton and chrome plated tires, and he wimped out on me. I'm gonna give him _&)*^& next time I see him.
Gotta go to town and pick it up I guess.

(edit) Eyeballed the slicks on his truck. I had to give him a pass.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thanks for the answers to my fan questions. Was a bit worried that the 14 - 15 volts in our trucks would quickly cook a 12 volt fan. That is why I was thinking that maybe a variable speed 24 v would be more suitable, but they are harder to find.

It's raining!!!! Very nice. The entire day has been somewhat grey and that is a very nice change from the boring every day blue skies.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan

It's raining!!!! Very nice. The entire day has been somewhat grey and that is a very nice change from the boring every day blue skies.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning it's march witch brings melting snow rain and mud. I ended up getting stuck by pulling off on the shoulder gota love it.

Breakfast is biscuits ham eggs and hash browns fresh coffee ph00 for Bobby

Everyone have a good one
Old 03-11-2015, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin

Now that's not very nice! Bad day? Today is, --- awwww forget it.

Good morning DTR'ers, healthy and sick.

Thanks Clint for breakfast.

Need to go up on the roof today and chase a small elusive roof leak that has been plaguing me for the last couple of years. Sealed and resealed everything above and around the leak but no difference, so it must be leaking some distance away and flowing crossways. This roof is different to most of yours in that it is poured concrete.

Another coffee and gone.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Probably a leak catching a ride along a piece of wood, migrating its way along.
Can you access the underside of the roof/attic?
You'll see the water stains.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Guuuddt Morningk too awl. Gorgeous here today - - heading to 83. Ph00........................................AAHHHHH

OK, now I will talk.

Need to go up on the roof today and chase a small elusive roof leak that has been plaguing me for the last couple of years. Sealed and resealed everything above and around the leak but no difference, so it must be leaking some distance away and flowing crossways. This roof is different to most of yours in that it is poured concrete.
Stan -- - don't know if you can get it down there, but we have an elastomeric sealer here for concrete. It is flexible and will allow for minimal movement in cracks and keep the seal. There is also a rubber treatment for concrete, but does require recoating every 4 - 5 years. It is white which can help heat transfer.

Up late last night - - had to give a Planning Committee presentation to the church board for major expansion for the church - got out at 10:30pm. We are outgrowing our britches. It will involve relocating a road. Had some wide eyes on what we have cooked up. They set the priorities before I started - - the plan met them all except one minor need we had not yet addressed. Now, who has some money?

Refill.....................................gone.

Bob

ps: Scotty - - why do you keep stressing yourself - - - told you the IUD's were in place - - you ain't gettin nuttin thru, baby. .............
Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 AM

No wood in this roof. It is all concrete and rebar. Typical roof for here. The bottom of the roof is the ceiling in the room. No attics on any of these houses. Not only can I see the water stains, I can see the drops forming when it is raining. It could be a crack in the concrete some distance away, so may need to remove some adjacent tiles to look. There are no visible cracks inside. These tiles are the typical Mexican roof tiles and just laid on top of the roof cement. Easy to remove, but a pain to lay back in straight lines. Have already painted all the exposed concrete on the roof with elastomeric sealer made for this kind of application, but it made no difference to the leak, which shows that the water is migrating from somewhere. The trick is to locate that 'somewhere'.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:41 AM

Now that's not very nice! Bad day? Today is, --- awwww forget it.

Good morning DTR'ers, healthy and sick.

Thanks Clint for breakfast.

Another coffee and gone.
Wanted to use an emoticon with a tongue sticking out, but couldn't find one.

On the roof, maybe leak following a rebar exiting the edge of the concrete. How 'bout a flashing failure somewhere?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Cold 6° and clear. Complete with Northern Light show. I need to put the winter front back on the 01. That thing never warmed up.

Quick Reply: The Sprung Spring breakroom 3/8 - 3/14