Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So i really have reached that sick HP craving point

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:24 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So i really have reached that sick HP craving point

I own a Ford as some of you know with the 12v cummins, its down for the count till i get another tranny in it, and it killing me because i have 370's and DD2's waiting to tune and try out again, so in the mean while im CRAVING HP, MY 02 definately isnt as much fun the 35"s dont spin at will at any speed and racing isnt an option YET.

But my Kid Brother #3, announced to me today that He has decided im sick. He is just getting into College and always hated the fact that my vehicles were snappy and i would never let him drive one. So i put him behind the wheel of my trail Jeep CJ-7, powered by a tired AMC 401. Scared the crap out of himself in about 2 blocks. Then i explained to him that the old 401 has 8.5:1 pistons, a stock cam and over 100k miles I told him the new motr that i just picked up was built 15 years ago has 10:1 pistons a fair cam and definately more entertaining.

For some reason he opted not to take me up on my offer to let him try it out once i get it running. Funny then he commented that he had changed his mind he no longer wanted to try driving the Ford he never realized what it takes to keep a vehicle with HP under control when you WACK it , he said it always looked so easy.

I feel sorry for alot of these people they just don't know what HP is all about.

Anyways for bragging rights, the new 401 cost $600 came with all accesories, motor needs to be reassembled, big deal the cuylinders still have the cross hatching and the journals still have assembly lube in them, a friend had the motor built then sold it in 89 it has since sat in a storage unit till it was disassembled two weeks ago and then determined not to be smog legal. Comes with Doug Thorley headers, aluminium intake, deep oil pan, HEI distributor. Tisk Tisk Tisk can you say trouble. I mating it up to my old Dodge NV4500 and a Dana 300 t-case all backed by a dana 60 and dana 44 combo with 4.88's.

Only thing i wish it had is MPI, but for the price hwo can complain. Guess i am sick, since i can't have my HP diet filled by the ford for awhile ill just have to abuse the rice burners with my jeep.

Dusty
Old 04-22-2004, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like i am with my cousins. They dont like my motorized vehicles cause they know that they are all modified to go faster and thats it. The one that got everyone was my old 96' CR 250 that was tuned right with lots of motor mods. Id let the guys ride it that thought "that little dirtbike aint nothin" . They would get off white in the face, saying "i never ridin that thing again! ). Hehehe man i loved that thing.