Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Snowed in Indiana on Guardian Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowed in Indiana on Guardian Power

Snowed in, with -13 for the high temp. -23 tonight with windchill temps -40! We lost power at 5a.m. Thankfully we have a 17kw Guardian Stand-by generator. It fired up & we have power to all the essential things. Wood furnace is going down in the basement, keeping it a balmy 72 degrees in the house. It's going to be this way til Weds. Hopefully power comes back to save on propane, if not so glad I made the generator purchase. It was expensive, but well worth it when you need it! Plenty of food and drinks, so we're going to make the most of it. If we run out of protein there's plenty of well fed squirrels and rabbits to choose from back in the woods Stay Warm

Rick
Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same scenario here in Kalamazoo except we haven't lost power. YET. But we don't usually lose power during a storm, only on sunny days.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Yep its dang cold in South Texas too ...my beer cooler has not needed ice for two days now!!! u boyz stay warm up dere
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM

I know what you mean. Since we got the generator, we rarely lose power. In this case though, it makes a dire situation much more manageable. Did I mention I'm snowed in with my lovely wife, 10 yr old daughter and 6 year old niece? It's the second day in the house, so we've covered about all the fun stuff(according to the girls) I'm just thankful to be warm and dry. Power estimated to be back on at 11:30 tonight. Glad I filled the propane for back up and I can watch the game and enjoy a Yuengling I brought back from Tennessee. Stay Warm & Safe.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Powers back on at 4p.m. Thanks to the people who risk their safety to keep us safe. God Bless them all! Now I don't have to grill out or cook dinner on the turkey fryer Hopefully power stays on so I don't have to pay the propane man anymore $$ this year, but if we lose it, we still got the Guardian. Maybe I can dig out tomorrow or better yet, get a buddy to plow my drive. Roads are still not plowed yet. The wind is howling straight from the North Pole! Keep safe and warm everyone.

Rick
Old 01-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have a brief warm spell up here in Calgary today. I was on the phone with somone in Houston about an hour ago and it was 2 degrees warmer here at that time than it was in Houston (+33F in Calgary and 30F in Houston).
To be honest though, it was -4F when I left the house this morning.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:41 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Losing power when its 20f or above can almost be fun.
When its that cold and you lose it, it can sort of get serious.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:37 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by TRASHMAN
Yep its dang cold in South Texas too ...my beer cooler has not needed ice for two days now!!! u boyz stay warm up dere
I had to bring my ice chest in last night to keep the beer from freezing.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Still Snowed in! Waiting on the plow to get here. 3 days off, ready to get back to work. It made it to 6 today and 23 tomorrow. Neighbors bobcat is gelled up right now, we're hoping 23 will let her fire up! Plow is here, alright alright!