Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sheets, Shrews, Coffee, Tea & Sprinkles Chat Room Oct 17 - 23

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Sheets, Shrews, Coffee, Tea & Sprinkles Chat Room Oct 17 - 23

Come and get it you diesel sniffers. Out on the counter and ready for you to come and sit a spell, spawn your yarns and gossip a bit.

OUTA BED AND SIC'EM.

Bob
Old 11-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
... sit a spell, spawn your yarns...
Spawn? My mama told me to never do that in public. It embarrasses people and they get all mad and stuff.

Today is Sunday, November 17th.

1800 - The U.S. Congress held its first session in Washington, DC, in the partially completed Capitol building.

1904 - The first underwater submarine journey was taken, from Southampton, England, to the Isle of Wight.

1913 - The steamship Louise became the first ship to travel through the Panama Canal.

1913 - In Germany, Kaiser Wilhelm banned the armed forces from dancing the tango.

1962 - Washington's Dulles International Airport was dedicated by U.S. President Kennedy.

1968 - NBC cut away from the final minutes of a New York Jets-Oakland Raiders game to begin a TV special, "Heidi," on schedule. The Raiders came from behind to beat the Jets 43-32.

1973 - U.S. President Nixon told an Associated Press managing editors meeting in Orlando, FL, "people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook."

1990 - A mass grave was discovered by the bridge over the River Kwai in Thailand. The bodies were believed to be those of World War II prisoners of war.

2010 - Reasearchers trapped 38 antihydrogen atoms. It was the first time humans had trapped antimatter.

Today's thought:
Before the invention of the light bulb, most people slept 3 hours longer than we do now.

Could get interesting here this afternoon. We are in the high risk zone for tornados and very high straight line winds. Glad I didn't ' get to', (meaning I didn't bother), all the leaves in the yard. Now they'll all just blow away.

Nice. The old guy comes in, ridicules us all then doesn't make coffee!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Coffee sweet tea Mt Dew and some Red Bulls are are on the counter. Somebody get rid of all this sheet in here it's starting to take over.

Time for church and them the last race of the season it's a sad day I don't care you wins as long as they don't drive a Toyota.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:26 AM

With some luck we will have the pivots done tomorrow, then we have a couple hundred acres of dryland corn, and we'll be done.

Got the amigo clutch adjusted about where I want it. Had a idea on the way back to the shop, instead of pulling the clutch pedal (again) I just loosened the jam nut and turned the push rod. Brought the disengage point right up about the top of the pedal now. I need to turn it back down a little.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sausage is cooking, aigges up next with some wheat toast. I think a nap is in order soon.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:59 AM

There's a guy that joined Mike Rowe's (mikeroweworks.com) group on facebook and his first post was a long rant against the very thing the group is about. Pretty smart, huh? His next post was insulting one of the guys who was on the show and is involved with the SkillsUSA competitions and such.
No wonder his first post started "let's see how long I last".
Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
There's a guy that joined Mike Rowe's (mikeroweworks.com) group on facebook and his first post was a long rant against the very thing the group is about. Pretty smart, huh? His next post was insulting one of the guys who was on the show and is involved with the SkillsUSA competitions and such.
No wonder his first post started "let's see how long I last".
trolls are a weird bunch. the good ones, you really dont know if they are just trolling or if they really believe that way.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Hit the big ZERO this AM. Time for some moose nugget coffee and my special cup that's always 2 turds full.
Been trying to get a cheapo Jeepo running as a commuter. Had a few more problems than the guy fessed up to. Got the heater working now.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM

got caught up on last weeks breakroom.

couple notes,

tallguy, an MLA agency is an agency that has a preference for being identified by an MLA instead of their name. An MLA is a Multi Letter Acronym.

Bark, at the time of that photo, there were 3 more in the 6pack, I got two left now.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
trolls are a weird bunch. the good ones, you really dont know if they are just trolling or if they really believe that way.
This guy apologized for us reading his comments wrong, then is telling us we assume a lot, but won't click on our names to find out anything about us. Typical eat-the-BS-pie-and- like-it-we-weren't-lied-to-even-though-its-blatantly-obvious union flunky.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good morning all y'all,
FO - thanks for the explanation. Being an IT guy, I am a common user of TLAs - three letter acronyms.
It is a good Sunday morning, the storm has moved east so it is probably annoying Scotty now, but for us, it is out of here. It is a little brisk here today -4F / -20C. The poor little puppy was not impressed with how cold his paws got when we went out for him to do his business this morning.
We are heading to the city this afternoon for DW's birthday party with her family. Luckily the roads seem to be recovering from yesterday's madness.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Notice I said "union flunky" and not "union member".
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM
DTR Mom

1968 - NBC cut away from the final minutes of a New York Jets-Oakland Raiders game to begin a TV special, "Heidi," on schedule. The Raiders came from behind to beat the Jets 43-32.

yup! living life with that name, I hear about that all the time. (I have worked with men only, my entire career). going to school with the pro athletes kids, was involved at a young age as a big sports fan! love the old school football

warm, wind and rain- bad for hunting, working. guess I will put some time in on the Harley....

chaikwa, 'granny's off her meds'?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hole eee sheets! Where'd that come from?
Sheets everywhere. Big ones small ones smelly ones slippery ones and even cozy ones.
Bobby must've had his bonded sheep in here.
Storm blew through. 8" of snow shoveled and blown into the neighbors yard.

Hanyday fokes.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

I just read about the tornadoes in the US. I hope all of our folks are ok.

Quick Reply: Sheets, Shrews, Coffee, Tea & Sprinkles Chat Room Oct 17 - 23