Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Say It Ain't So Bill, Say It Ain't So.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Say It Ain't So Bill, Say It Ain't So.

Bill Hobbs, a good friend of mine, my daughter's fast pitch softball coach, a 27 year veterian with the rank of Major with the Nebraska State Patrol resigned Friday night (from jail) among 1st degree sexual assault allegations he molested his 14 year old step daughter for the past 18 months.

This guy is a man's man, tough cop, but with a heart of gold. He coached women's softball at the college level for 10 years, girl's high school softball teams for 15 years. He would take the girls on over nights to softball tournaments and not even a hint of inapropriate behavior in 25 years. He always took adult females as chaperones to monitor the girls and he would never even put himself in their rooms. Not once.

I just cannot believe it, but the NE State Patrol, Country Sheriff, City Police, Lancaster County Attorney all say the evidence is overwhelming and he has been arrested and is in jail until Tuesday.

He is innocent until proven guilty, and I will give him the benifit of the doubt, but then again that means I hope a 14 year old girl is lying.

As a father of 3 daughters what is it about men that feel the need to molest children?

I just don't get it.

Say it ain't so.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a **** shame is what it is......there is tons of this that goes on around the world..i say no excuse,there is no rehabilitating them..if found guilty of it,,death penalty..no less..............bama
Old 02-19-2006, 05:03 PM

and if you really wanna get scared ,,go by the courthouse where the info is displayed for these folks in your area....alot more of them than you would believe...................................bama
Old 02-19-2006, 05:13 PM

I hope that it isnt so for your friend. If it is then he should be put in jail, if it isnt his life is now ruined. Either way,,,,

Which is worse??
Old 02-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My cousin was accused of the same thing. He swore he didn't do a thing and there were no witnesses to the alleged incident, just the word of a then 10 year old girl. Against my advice, he pleaded no contest with the promise of a plea-bargain; 5 years probation with a psyche evaluationi to determine dangerousness at the end of the probationary period. At the end of the said 5 year time, he underwent the prescribed eval and the results were negative. The state wasn't satisfied and ordered a second eval. Same results. STILL not happy, they ordered a 3rd, which he underwent with the same results. Apparently, the state was fishing and ordered a 4th. All these eval's were at his expense and upon the 4th order of evaluation, he refused. They threw him in jail for failure to comply with probationary terms, even tho only one was ordered in the 1st set of terms. After 3 years in jail, the loss of his job, house and all his retirement money spent trying to fight this nightmare, his appeal was finally scheduled and heard. When the judge read the whole story, he ordered that my cousin be immediately released as he was wrongly jailed.

Not too long after his release, the girl that accused him retracted her story and admitted nothing ever happened. She was just mad at him because he had not allowed her to do something she had wanted to do while she was in his care, (he was babysitting her at the time).

Now, he's in his late 50's with no retirement, no money to speak of and no decent job.

Sometimes life just stinks.

chaikwa.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:08 PM

It's a sick sad world. I use to live about 4 houses down from a guy I knew. Realy cool individual, seemed like he had his stuff together and didn't bother or cause any trouble to anyone. He even had a few kids of his own, the neighborhood kids would always be at his house playing in the front yard and what not.

I found this site online one evening. http://meganslaw.com/ I typed in my zip code and it pulled up a list of 61 registered sex offenders! To my shock the man 4 houses down was on the list, I don't recall the crime he was commited of, it was something along the lines of lude conduct w/ a minor and someother charges. It flat out discusted me. I wouldn't even look his way when I drove by. Remember you have a obligation to know what these sick bastards are up to.

Follow that link and you'll be shocked how many actualy reside in your neighborhood and surrounding areas.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cmullen
I hope that it isnt so for your friend. If it is then he should be put in jail, if it isnt his life is now ruined. Either way,,,,

Which is worse??
That is exactly what I'm dealing with. His career is over, his reputation ruined, his marrage over. True or not his life is ruined.

You would think charges like this should be quiet until the person in convicted.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
My sister went though this with her 'then' husband two years ago.
He had been molesting their two daughters for several years.
She knew nothing about it.
He was also verbally and physically abusive to her.
The state took her kids away from her, accusing her of being an accomplice, or knowing about it and doing nothing to stop it.
Her (now) Ex-husband was an Ex-Marine, Ex-County Sheriff, and was at the time of his arrest, working in the county jail as a guard.
He was convicted, got probation , moved out of state, and got married to his long time girlfriend.
He is also on the Sex Offender Registry.

We all knew he was always "a little strange", just didn't see that coming.

In cases like this, I prefer the Peruvian judicial system.
It's the Three S system.
No repeat offenders that way.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
It's the Three S system.
I've always wondered what the real problems would be with castration for repeat offenders...

It'd solve the problem and leave a productive member of society, correct? (Or at least "productive" in one meaning.)
Old 02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
It's the Three S system.
Snip Snip Snip?

Once guilt has been proven, without a doubt,
I like that system as well.

Maybe let the accusors be the snippers,
if they weren't quite honest in their accusations,
that might be enough for them to retract their story before too many years passed.

phox
Old 02-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
3 S's.....Shoot, Shovel, Shutup.........
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Shoot
Shovel
Shut Up

Administrator

Originally Posted by sherod
3 S's.....Shoot, Shovel, Shutup.........
Ahhhhhh, yes.

phox
Old 02-20-2006, 02:50 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
The problem with castration of sex offenders is that according to a lot of studies the "sexual relief" they feel is not connected to the sexual act but to the violence- and there are studies about castrated rapists still "raping" their victims- meaning they lived their violent sexual fantasies through them, most cases were the way that the assailant then increased the dose of violence even to the point of murder to get the satisfaction.

AlpineRAM
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 AM

I knew it was a big problem but I didn't realize how big until I saw that Dateline program where they did that sting operation. FIFTY- TWO perverts busted in two days coming to one house expecting a 12 or 13 year old to be there. Should have shot them as they walked in the door!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Say It Ain't So Bill, Say It Ain't So.