Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Santa Claus is coming - - to town - - YEH! breakroom Dec 20-26

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merry Christmas!! swish........fly by
Old 12-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Merry Christmas!! swish........fly by
On your broom????? ........................................

.........................................Bob running for cover!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:45 AM

Hey, it's light out and late. Been out working for a while, thought someone would have coffee/ph00 ready. Soooooo, it's on and ready. Brought sprinkles - all ready ate all the banana bread.

..................................gone.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Maybe this is why nobody gets to the break room these days.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wrapping up an easy day at work. Looks like we have a good chance for severe weather later today. I knew there was a good reason I didn't put all the Christmas stuff in the yard this year!

Lot's of folks already getting hit, if you are one of them, be careful!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:10 PM

Just enough snot falling here to make driving a bit tricky. Just got home with the rust bucket 1 ton, and missed the driveway by about 2 lengths the first try.

Crazy morning. Neighbor wanted to borrow Blue to go get wood. No problem, DW and I will take the car to the Chiropractor. About ready to leave, and WORK calls, part of the computer system is down. Told them what connectors to wiggle and promised to come in. No problem, I'll take the Grey, the other CTD 1 ton. Sent DW to chiropractor with the car. Went to start the CTD and the battery was down. Threw jumpers on it from Blue, started it, and the generator wouldn't go. Checked fielding on the alternator, and it's all zeros. Tachometer's working, so it isn't the CPS. Replaced the ASD relay with no help. Turned it over to probe the connections, and discovered the power feed wire was corroded and broken off about 1/2 inch from the relay. About then WORK called and said they were up except for a couple of stations. Neighbor showed up and took Blue. DW doubled back to get me to the chiropractor. Got home, and helped the neighbor unload Blue......... Why am I tired at Noon?

Got a cuppa and gone back to the rat race.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
Crazy morning. Neighbor wanted to borrow Blue to go get wood. No problem, DW and I will take the car to the Chiropractor. About ready to leave, and WORK calls, part of the computer system is down. Told them what connectors to wiggle and promised to come in. No problem, I'll take the Grey, the other CTD 1 ton. Sent DW to chiropractor with the car. Went to start the CTD and the battery was down. Threw jumpers on it from Blue, started it, and the generator wouldn't go. Checked fielding on the alternator, and it's all zeros. Tachometer's working, so it isn't the CPS. Replaced the ASD relay with no help. Turned it over to probe the connections, and discovered the power feed wire was corroded and broken off about 1/2 inch from the relay. About then WORK called and said they were up except for a couple of stations. Neighbor showed up and took Blue. DW doubled back to get me to the chiropractor. Got home, and helped the neighbor unload Blue......... Why am I tired at Noon?

Got a cuppa and gone back to the rat race.
I'm tired just reading about your morning - - I will shut up about mine other than to say don't try to teach a lady who knows nothing about a computer how to handle Windows 10, especially one who clicks on everything on the screen that has an X on it. That concluded about 1 with the computer running again - - wonder how long that will last.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
I'm tired just reading about your morning - - I will shut up about mine other than to say don't try to teach a lady who knows nothing about a computer how to handle Windows 10, especially one who clicks on everything on the screen that has an X on it. That concluded about 1 with the computer running again - - wonder how long that will last.

I don't mind computer illiteracy. That can be cured with a little training.

What gets me is when someone is proud of their computer illiteracy. That is impossible to overcome.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all pretty christmas breakfast in being brought in by cracker barrel everyone have a merry christmas and be careful out there
Old 12-24-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

The afternoon before Christmas eve. <br/>Had to get out of the freezing fog and up onto a sunny mountain.

Grin!
Old 12-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I don't mind computer illiteracy. That can be cured with a little training.

What gets me is when someone is proud of their computer illiteracy. That is impossible to overcome.
My work computer has been conspiring against me. I finally proved it to our IT guy when it failed while he was watching.

I have been extra bad this year, I sure hope Santa brings extra coal.
Short days week, had to make up for the holiday pay deficit by working 8hr days instead of 10. Which means I also lost a normal day off. Got today and tomorrow off. -2° and had a little snow and a lot of freezing fog yesterday. Almost got creamed on the way home. Idiot driver on his cell phone not paying attention while merging into traffic. The 2 lane along the river was nice and slick, so I had a blast. Roxie was busy this week, scored 2 more Redpoles. Nice she is starting to support herself, cat food ain't cheap. Got my 1st complaint about the stereo in the hangar from the mechanic next door. He said turn it up, he can't hear it clearly.
Have a safe and reasonable sober Christmas Eve with family and friends.
Hugs and handshakes from The Coug, The Blond, And the Roxie.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
And for those of you who don't know what a Viking Funeral is,
Old 12-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Busy Christmas Eve so far. Go here, do that kind of stuff. After last night's storms, it's bright and sunny.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and give your Families an extra hug.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:04 PM

Good Job - - Coug. I had seen that movie but was trying to figure how Lary and family were applying it. Amazing.

No ph00 left, so just pass thru and say MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. What a neat time of the year. Off to church shortly to celebrate the birth of Jesus. What an event - - changed the world - - and a lot of people.

Have a great one.

Bob
Old 12-25-2015, 04:44 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!
The Anderson Family
Attached Thumbnails Santa Claus is coming - - to town - - YEH!  breakroom Dec 20-26-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Santa Claus is coming - - to town - - YEH! breakroom Dec 20-26