Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rollercoaster weather week break room

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Rollercoaster weather week break room

Above freezing and wind warnings here for 60mph then plummeting temps and snow then repeat.

Ceiling fans are set on ‘dry’ cycle for the Dragon’s clothing.

Special breakfast 🥞 🍳 and 🥓 buffet with fresh orange 🍊 🥤

I used emojis so it’s not as much of a challenge to translate Canadian eh.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey - - you made it out of bed this morning. Good for you. Glad to see someone else start a breakroom. Sounds like your weather is a little
worse than ours. We had cold rain, strong winds and temps in the mid 40's last night. Rained all day today. Ponds and ditches really starting to fill up.
Gators probably love it - - other than the cold.

Just wanted to say boo - - busy day with son and his wife here - - they leave tomorrow morning to head back to snow and teens in N. Carolina. Thank
goodness he is only about 3500 or so feet high. She enjoyed her naps in the lanai and reading out there in the warm sun.

Nighty night.

Bobby
Old 01-27-2019, 10:02 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Don't kill me, but the last few days here have been fantastic. Still cool at sunup, but by about 09:00 it is warming up nicely and by noon the temps are in the low to mid 70's. Blues skies, low humidity and almost no wind.

About bed time, so will say good night. Oranges are still amazingly cheap down here, so may add to what is left of Scotties OJ tomorrow. When I say cheap, I am talking about an unbelievable .24 US cents per kilo. No idea how anybody can make a profit with those numbers.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-28-2019, 06:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from …..... where else, but Paradise. It's not really a true paradise, but hey, it's better than what some of you are experiencing north of me. At least I do not need to heat my house or put a jacket on to go outside. I enjoy living almost every day in shorts.

Fresh squeezed OJ in the fridge. Fresh coconut water right out of the coconut is next to the OJ. An assortment of fresh fruits awaits your eating pleasure for good health. Only these live foods will rejuvenate that poor body of yours that you have been abusing with dead food.

As usual, another busy week is in front of me, so had better get moving. Too busy last week to check in here.

Ciao
Old 01-28-2019, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
I enjoy living almost every day in shorts. Too busy last week to check in here. Ciao
………….....…..OH NO - - - - NOT MORE LEGGS...………….

Hey, know the feeling - - last week was fun, but hectic. This week is just jammed with stuff. Planning major update on one of our commercial sites.
That will be fun. Might need to borrow some money - - - anyone have some cheap????

Put fresh coffee and ph00 on for y00. Brought in some various naughty stuff, like sprinkles for Lary and apple fritters.

CYA...……………...

Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Went from wind warnings and blizzard conditions to Extreme Cold warnings (-49F) with the wind until Wednesday. Then windy-er and back up near freezing and then another round of snow then back into the blast freezer.

It will be nice in June.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
………….....…..OH NO - - - - NOT MORE LEGGS...………….

I don't need to brag about mine like those perverted twins! Everybody knows that mine naturally look nicer, so no words are needed.

Scotty, those temperatures are just plain cruel. It pains me to even read about horrible temperatures like that.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Speaking of weather.

Neighbor wasn't home and as I walked past, I saw water pouring out of their house.

Asked the neighbors, and no one knew their phone number at work, as they just moved in a few months back.

Called the cops, they called the water company, and I guess the water company had their contact info. Within a half hour, his dad was there, and the water company shut it off.

Pipe in the garage that was added by the previous owner had burst. I guess no one knew to shut it off during 6*f weather.

Did my boyscout good deed for the day, and they learned a lesson..

Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
We are at freezing and above. We have also had winds to 90+ mph. Calmer today, but rain/snow mix through my weekend. Taking the wife's car in this morning. It's been smelling like unburned gas lately. Bad part is she didn't say anything until I drove it last week.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:54 AM

Morning gang. Amazing news. We were 2 degrees above 49 last night. Wow, heat wave. Better put on my shorts - - uhh, on second thought, don't
need another pair of Leggs hanging around here. …………….

Busy day yesterday and another one today. Put fresh ph00 and coffee on but did not have time to grab goodies. Have a great day and get lots done.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:01 AM

Two dozen oatmeal raisin cookies fresh out of the oven.

Spent all that time getting the NJ Valdez to halt its leak, just so I could plow snow last night, and not one flake dropped out of the sky last night. Rained for a while, but that was it.
Another day has arrived. Heading down to 5*f tonight.

Have a great day folks
Old 01-30-2019, 06:49 AM

Good morning from a freezing Paradise. Hang on a minute while I grab a cup of coffee and rinse all the oatmeal raisin crumbs out of my mouth. Gulp, there, now I can talk. It is a cool 36f here right now, but that is OK, because an hour after the sun comes up it will be comfortable again. Two hours after the sun comes up will be outside washing my wife's SUV for her weekly grocery run. By noon as usual, expect the temperature to be in the mid 70's. Sure glad that I am down here in the decent weather and not up in that cruel, nasty weather up north that some of you are experiencing.

Spend a very busy, very physical day yesterday out on my country property. Got lots done. Wish I could just relax today, but need to finish a list of stuff here at home. Heading out early tomorrow to punish my body once again.

Ciao.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:08 PM

Ha ! Cold..

It's been in the 20's, which by no means is really "cold", comparatively to what's happening in Canada, or the mid upper West.

So, 5 minutes ago, I'm on my computer, writing up stuff, and I look at the camera's and I can't see my neighbor's house across the street.

SNOW-NADO, has arrived. Wind whipping 40- 50 mph gusts, blowing east, and within 5 minutes everything is white.

Never seen it come on, so fast, so heavy and coated everything in just a matter of 5 -7 minutes. Then it stopped.

Crazy, wazy, weavvver we've been having awound hewere....

Old 01-30-2019, 06:40 PM

Please keep all that nasty cold and horrible white stuff far north of me. As expected, once the sun came up the cold quickly vanished. Was outside about 9 a.m. and the sun felt wonderful. Washed my wife's SUV around 10 and it was very pleasant. The temperature did reach into the 70's, so was a very nice day.

Will be on the road tomorrow before sunup.

Just finished eating my daily nopales. Part of my eating healthy regime. It works for me. Now enjoying a nice cup of hot green tea.

Still running and trying to get my ever increasing work list down. Seems like that old expression 'the hurrider I go, the behinder I get" is all too true.

Ciao.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Weather or not? A 7 alarm blaze a little north of me, started a couple hours ago. It's visible on any weather radar, it's so big!

Buy toilet paper now, otherwise Venezuela and NJ will have more in common than a large south America population

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2728176002

Quick Reply: Rollercoaster weather week break room