Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Quicktime problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quicktime problem

OK, a lot of you guys are embedding videos, and when I open the post, I don't see them
What I get is a white box with the "quicktime" blue "Q" in the center, with a white question mark superimposed on it..
a couple times I have gotten a pop-up box saying QT needs to install additional software and then directed to DivEx's website, but installing the DivEx viewer doesn't solve the problem..

any suggestions? I updated to QK 7.3 recently, but have had this issue long before that.....
I am refering to videos like Britt posted here:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=185349
Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the same problem. Try going to add/remove programs and uninstall QT. Than go to their website and do a new install. Works for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Just thought of something. Youtube uses Adobe flash player. Check these links for a free copy.
http://www.google.com/support/youtub...15&ctx=sibling

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...68&topic=10560
Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bark
Just thought of something. Youtube uses Adobe flash player. Check these links for a free copy.
Flash works fine, it s only QT I am having problems with...
I'll try uninstalling and re-installing it when I get home..
Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up Quicktime

This may or may not help but I find eveything works faster and better with Mozilla Firefox as a browser instead of Internet Explorer. My daughter has a labtop and thought it was really slow and had issues with locking up until she finally tried the switch, she is a very happy camper now. Good luck
Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Chrisreyn: I noticed in the help area of YouTube that they say to make sure QT is not your default player or you wont be able to view videos. Maybe thats what is happening with you. Just a thought.
cjdakota: I have Firefox, IE and netscape. I agree, Firefox is a much smaller program so it does seem to run faster on lower processing speed computers. Overall, I still prefer IE on my desktop (but I dont know why).
Old 01-05-2008, 01:01 AM

Bark, if I go to Utube, Ica n view videos, it embedded ones I have a problem with, such as the video in britts post here , or the one in teh post about cutting down a tree with an AK 47, cant veiw those..

right now I am at work, DOD computer, and it wont let me veiw anything!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 PM

Dang, wish I was better with that stuff. Only thing I had experience with was when QT decided to be the default player. While reinstalling it I remember telling it to not be the default player. Since then I have seen how to change the default in the YouTube help section without a reinstall. Sounds like your problem is different. Make sure to let us know if you get it fixed.