Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Questionable ads in my Diesel Mag

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by grantx5
...and that is why I enjoy DTR so much. I can recommend it to all my friends and family and not worry what they will see. My boys love reading the threads and, again, it's a blessing not a worry.

Thanks, Larry, for taking the difficult, but high, road. I and many others really appreciate it. Jim.
Agreed 100%

I have even recommended this site to a few very serious church goers because I knew they would not have to read all the cus words other sites allow.

My 9 year old daughter often sits with me and reads and loves to look at the pics of trucks and I don't ever worry about what she might see before I do
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well guys for some people it truly is all about the mighty dollar.

Here I have refused advertising dollars from Company's that I know are dishonest or unable to conform to the simple forum rules even though I end up poorer for it in the end.

A man has to decide whether he is willing to sell his integrity for a few advertising dollars, I found that decision an easy one to turn down
thankyou You decided to store your riches in heaven!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
What is the big deal with women in bathing attire? It kind of goes back the the radio thing, if you don't like it-------Change the station, turn the page, buy another mag...whatever

Hey I know, ask the government to regulate it!! That's worked really well up to this point in time!

We need to be our own regulators, what offends me might not offend you or vise versa. People need to get some tough skin and do what is right for them.
That's exactly what they are doing. The people who don't like it aren't buying or canceling their subscription. The people who like it or don't mind it will continue as usual.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bikinis are one thing, we see those at the beach. **** soloicitation is another. Agreed, I could tear out pages but that's a pain. Plus, when dad is deployed, who screens my automotive mags for content? I can't believe it would even be an issue. And tell me this, what tech article have you read in any diesel mag that you hadn't already discussed on this site? Most of their articles are old news or sponsored by someone with a vested interest. I don't care what you read, but I'll keep my inocents as inocent as I can until it's their choice.

Semper Fi
Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Txwelder
I don't care what you read, but I'll keep my innocents as innocent as I can until it's their choice.

Semper Fi
I fully concur with that ideal and try to do the same myself Let the children be children and they can make their own minds up when they become adults, until then I want them to have Morals.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 PM

God Bless the people that still care
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by rodd7e
God Bless the people that still care
Amen.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by grantx5
...and that is why I enjoy DTR so much. I can recommend it to all my friends and family and not worry what they will see. My boys love reading the threads and, again, it's a blessing not a worry.

Thanks, Larry, for taking the difficult, but high, road. I and many others really appreciate it. Jim.
Ditto Well Done DTR Crew.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
I e-mailed to complain about this stuff in my favorite gun mag and got a phone call from the editor himself, Joel Hutchcroft, lettnig me know he got my e-mail and was notifying me to let me know it will not happen again.

Pretty cool in 2009 I think.

I'm with ya on this. If I need girls or a bigger thinger, I'm sure I have a pretty good idea where to go!

Kurt

Kurt