Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Proud AMERICAN....but need some advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by irocpractice
Redleg,you do give a good press release.
Very well said indeed !
Old 07-22-2010, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree on the BNSF suggestion. Good press release.

I read the milescity board. Wow. (reminded me why I rarely read other boards and stick to this site )

How about responding directly to the post? Something like

"If you were in battle next to the person carrying the flag and that person went down with the flag falling to the ground, would you watch it fall and leave it there or would you pick the flag up and hoist it high so that all around you could rally around it?
Perhaps it would be better to offer help and speak directly to the person rather than using an anonymous discussion board and the internet to complain. There may be circumstances that led to the what you found. Helping a neighbor, while not a visual statement about the city, may lead to other good, kind, helping acts that ultimately would lend a positive visual impact on the city. God Bless America."
Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

The firewall at work wouldn't let me log in there. Had planned to comment on how some people that fear confrontation make up for it with back-biting and gossip-mongering, probably just loooking for a reason to grand stand so everybody sees their name. What if the home owner was handi-capped or recently injured at work? A little assistance might have been appreciated. Doubtful somebody who made the effort to install a flag pole intends to embarrass the country intentionally.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It is amazing the way people are acting in this economy. Very short tempered, get upset over the least little thing etc. etc... Why if the complaining guy was a true American, he would of helped his neighbor. He is just as in the wrong as anybody by his own actions.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM

some people have nothing better to do than complain and run their mouths to other people. other people take action and help to inprove the situation........here is one of them.......an Amercian we can all be proud of for their action.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/austinkv...storm-20738426
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 PM

You guys are great. I've been taking in all the advice and comments that have been posted. I'm trying to give it some time to cool down. The whole situation has been eating at me all day. The one other thing that has been really bothering me is, one of the people who are commenting on this situation here locally, works at the National Gaurd Recruiting Center 2 blocks away. Let me say his comments have been negative. All the while, there is NO flag anywhere at this time to be seen anywhere near or around the National Gaurd Station. Of all places there should be a flag. Anyway, I don't wan't to stoop to that level, so I'll keep hangen out and waiting for this to pass. Again, thanks again for all the advice....it means a lot!!

Jason
Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Ive read the entire Miles City page and it looks like you have some support there too.

Good luck, cause that situation would have me furious too.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree that it was extremely cowardice to leave an unsigned note. With that being said, I would not waste your precious time worrying whom the coward is.

You are a hard working man and owe that retard nothing. Your employer should realize this and should not be wasting their time looking at anonymous emails and pictures.

Moral of the story; next time you sustain storm damage and your flag pole comes down, move it inside the house.

Keep on keeping on.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Ive read the entire Miles City page and it looks like you have some support there too.
He sure does! I wouldn't be half as concerned what any of them think except for maybe the job situation. That can be resolved fairly easy too... just tell the supervisor or whoever to take a look at the posts on the Miles City page. What a bunch of wackos!

I think one thing that's been over-looked is the fact that the person that started all this has listed her name in the original post. Go have a talkin' to her!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
He sure does! I wouldn't be half as concerned what any of them think except for maybe the job situation. That can be resolved fairly easy too... just tell the supervisor or whoever to take a look at the posts on the Miles City page. What a bunch of wackos!

I think one thing that's been over-looked is the fact that the person that started all this has listed her name in the original post. Go have a talkin' to her!
Lets sneak over to her place and fill her yard with a bunch of miniature flags... maybe a recording of William Hung singing the National Anthem...
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Lets sneak over to her place and fill her yard with a bunch of miniature flags... maybe a recording of William Hung singing the National Anthem...
Naaaa, just leave a nasty note on her door proclaiming the lack of flags on her property. An eye for an eye kinda thing.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Your dedication to keeping things rolling is good enough for me. Sounds like you have a concerned but not to helpful neighbor.

The note could have read, "Hey buddy I have noticed you have been working a lot lately and could use some help around here. I am retired and don't have much to do these days. Could I give you a hand with the mowing, and maybe help you get Old Glory back in her rightful spot. Your neighbor, Charlie."

Oh sorry, what was I thinking, that'll never happen!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 PM

Hey, how about a revolutionary war reennactment in her front yard to show appreciation for her attentiveness...?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People have nothing better to do then complain. Hope all goes well, and hopefully your employer understands that home and work are two different things. Your patrotism for your country is more then the person who stands by and complains yet does nothing.

Our Countrys were founded on strong beliefs of hard working values and look out for your fellow man. It is unfortunate that nowadays we think we still follow those values yet many do not. That is what has put us in the situations we are in now.

Good luck and shwoing my support for you from north of the border
Old 07-25-2010, 06:20 AM

First and formost, the flag should not have been placed in a situation where it could be blown to the ground, after the pole broke.

That said, it is ofter easier for a person to complain than to actually do something - that seems like the case here. I am sure your boss is going to talk about having something like the flag on the ground and the symbol of the company in close proximity to it. The author of the note and the pictures made that tie for everyone and it is very hard to undo a tie like that. Understand the long hours and your boss is also aware of them. But what they see is a BNSF symbol (truck) tied to a flag on the ground, in a picture published on the internet.

I salute anyone who chooses to fly the flag and does it correctly. You describe the correct procedures - that you were following. The storm and your choice to leave the flag outside and not bring it in is what is focused on.

Erect a new pole. Hoist a new flag. Retire the soiled flag properly. Either the American Legion or the Boy Scouts are an easy source of help with the retirement.

Again, I salute your efforts in flying the flag.

Hal