Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

price gouging: insurance & windshields

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NHDiesel
Exactly. Even with a more major accident, unless someone else's vehicle was damaged, you should strongly consider paying for the repairs out of your pocket. The insurance company will always get their money out of you one way or another. There are a couple ways to look at it. When you have an accident, think of the payout from the ins. company as a loan that you will be paying back over a very long period of time, with interest.

When shopping for insurance, think of it like having a credit card that you never use, but you send payments to anyway. You never use the card, but maybe, after many years of sending monthly payments, you might decide to buy a TV with it. Is that TV worth all those years of payments?

The other problem, which is what started this thread, is that body shops and windshield places overcharge the insurance companies. There should be a law about that. I don't feel bad for the insurance companies, but that extra money they are paying is more money that they will need recover from you with higher premiums.

Jim
I'd like to know the percentage of Body Shops that AREN'T rip offs. All of the experince that I have had with getting body (glass included) work done boils down to insurance rip off's that get passed on to the public. Maybe it's just me.