Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Powerball Jackpot $365,000,000.00

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerball Jackpot $365,000,000.00

The Powerball is at $365 Million, $177 mil cash. The largest jackpot in US history. What would you do if you won?

Taking the cash option -

- find a lawyer and accountant I can trust.
- immediately take half of it and send it off-shore - swiss bank or cayman islands -in case I blow the first half.
- give everyone I know 10 g's - just to leave me alone.
- take care of the family and friends, paying off mortgages and bills.
- give a lot to charity
- move somewhere where no one knows me.
- quit working, go back to school and maybe get a PhD. Always wanted to be called Doctor.. I guess I could just buy the degree, but that wouldn't be fun.

- I guess I could give some to DTR.

That's a lot of money to handle. Yah, I know the chance of winning are high, but it's fun to think about what you can do.

Off course you can take the annuity, 18 mil a year, that'll insure that you can't blow away your total winnings in a few years. Unless your stupid enough to borrow money against your future payments.

- oh yah, can't forget, buy a round trip ticket on the space shuttle, that'll set me back about 10 mil or more

Good Luck
Old 02-17-2006, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Lets do a group buy! Everyone send me a buck and I'll place the bet for you and we'll split it 20,000 ways! If my math is right that's $1.62 million before taxes!

Just send me the money!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I would probably give part of it to herb so he could equip those buggys of his with some REAL horsepower and then swing by Scotty's place to help him build a bigger sphere launcher.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 PM

I'd buy Ford and then sell Cummings and end the rumor forever.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:27 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Letsseeeeee...............take teh annuity paymetn, split it 50/50 with teh BOSS...

Buy new truck....
BOMB new truck........
get bored with truck...do over....
Buy BIG area of the flint hills to run a few horses on....2-300 maybe....
Buy summer home in Wichita Falls area.. just big enuff for about 100 head....
get bored with truck again..replace and re-BOMB....

set up annuitys for all teh kids, grandkids, neices and nephews..
set up scholarship funds for Comanche Tribe....
Donatebunch to charity......

Die before I get to realy enjoy all of it......
Old 02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Letsseeeeee...............take teh annuity paymetn, split it 50/50 with teh BOSS...

First I would send Chrisreyn some so that he can learn how to spell "the".

Then I shall buy a 1969 390 AMC AMX... Or three. One would be stock, one would be grand-touring, and one would be rally-machine... Or something that amounts to a nice stable of AMC's... Maybe a SC/Rambler for the grand-touring car...

Then I shall put money into my truck, for I would still need something to work with. Then I shall get the moles on my back removed, that have been there for 15 years and keep getting bigger and more-oddly-shaped.

Then I'd buy a house someplace.

You know, thinking about it, 180 million dollars wouldn't really make much of a difference.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Administrator

I tried to find time to run up to Idaho and get a couple tickets yesterday,
didn't happen.
No way I'd take a 2 hour drive, stand in line for another 2 hours, just for a 1 in 175 million chance, then 2 hours back home.

Also, it's cold in Idaho, they're in the negatives right now, I'll stay down here where it's a toasty 24.

phox
Old 02-18-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I would probably give part of it to herb so he could equip those buggys of his with some REAL horsepower and then swing by Scotty's place to help him build a bigger sphere launcher.
Don't forget to contribute a good chunk to the NDC
Old 02-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
First I would send Chrisreyn some so that he can learn how to spell "the".

Then I shall buy a 1969 390 AMC AMX... Or three. One would be stock, one would be grand-touring, and one would be rally-machine... Or something that amounts to a nice stable of AMC's... Maybe a SC/Rambler for the grand-touring car...

Then I shall put money into my truck, for I would still need something to work with. Then I shall get the moles on my back removed, that have been there for 15 years and keep getting bigger and more-oddly-shaped.

Then I'd buy a house someplace.

You know, thinking about it, 180 million dollars wouldn't really make much of a difference.
Ever wondered where all the dirt goes when those moles dig their tunnels ?
Old 02-18-2006, 04:35 PM

I'de probably invest in a bunch of lottory tickets and get a couple chili dogs and a frosty root beer
Old 02-18-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Xonid
The Powerball is at $365 Million, $177 mil cash. The largest jackpot in US history. What would you do if you won?

Taking the cash option -

- find a lawyer and accountant I can trust.
- immediately take half of it and send it off-shore - swiss bank or cayman islands -in case I blow the first half.
- give everyone I know 10 g's - just to leave me alone.
- take care of the family and friends, paying off mortgages and bills.
- give a lot to charity
- move somewhere where no one knows me.
- quit working, go back to school and maybe get a PhD. Always wanted to be called Doctor.. I guess I could just buy the degree, but that wouldn't be fun.

- I guess I could give some to DTR.

That's a lot of money to handle. Yah, I know the chance of winning are high, but it's fun to think about what you can do.

Off course you can take the annuity, 18 mil a year, that'll insure that you can't blow away your total winnings in a few years. Unless your stupid enough to borrow money against your future payments.

- oh yah, can't forget, buy a round trip ticket on the space shuttle, that'll set me back about 10 mil or more

Good Luck

No powerball here in laredo

But if i did win that money somehow id do all the same u want except the spaceshuttle thing, Id pay off all my families debts, send my truck to Micheal at hot rod diesels, LOL! and have it decked out, by me another truck, invest 90 percent of it in foreign bank accounts and the stock market, cds, and so forth, and what i have left, just live off the interest, id work my job but at my terms lol!! Id definately donate to DTR and in all honesty i dont know what else id do... Oh yeah buy me a nice house and nice ranch all fully furnished, with a ropin arena, feeders and more, just something i can maintain.

Tx
Old 02-18-2006, 08:29 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I forgot to buy mine, what are the odds anyway???

Is there some equation, that like, if you were a Billionaire, you could buy say, 350 million tickets and make a quick 5 or 10 Mil??
Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by herb
I'de probably invest in a bunch of lottory tickets and get a couple chili dogs and a frosty root beer

Anyone ever seen the Chappell show where African Amercians recieved their retribution checks?? It is one of the funniest skits ever created. Some of the stuff he comes up with is nothing short of Genius.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:53 PM

About 60 of us (nearly everyone) chips in on this. The question is what would you do? To a man quit working. Then buy the failed business together. We have at least 10 guys racing something, a couple diesel guys, a few machine guys at least 20 nearly pro fishing guys. The shop would have enough room for all of us to have space and a huge CNC and machine shop as well as engineering dept. There's plenty of office space to make homes in lot of room out back for dogs and horses. We could put up a big pole barn for indoor horse stuff. Natural pheasant hunting grounds. Maybe put in a fish pond. Some tenis courts for the GF/WFS. Big gym for the guys. Little league park, Pop Warner Park....................dream on. What's the odds about 1 in 3.2E8??
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The morning news is reporting ONE winning ticket was purchased in Nebraska.
I got a feeling someone near there is going to be calling in sick on Monday.......

Quick Reply: Powerball Jackpot $365,000,000.00