Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ponderous Points to Ponder(Sooner Than Later)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ponderous Points to Ponder(Sooner Than Later)

How would you prepare for;
1) the collapse of the Us Dollar if it were no longer to be used as "The" International Currency of settlement?
2) Uncontrolled inflation similar to that of the Jimmy Carter administration when home loans were 17%?
3)Would you start/continue to invest outside the US and hold the funds in other currencies?
4) Re.above,if so which currencies?
5)IF you have invested in "commodities" and wish to redeem your money,would you be able to do so,in what country,in what currency?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Received 417 Likes on 319 Posts
1.) I have stock in toilet paper.
2.) My house is paid for.
3.) Why, there as broke as we are.
4.) What's your point? It's all funny money.
5.) Toilet paper is an international commodity, who needs money?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I have invested in precious metals like Lead and Copper Jackets....I don't trust funny money and have also paid off the Ponderosa.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
1.) I have stock in toilet paper.
2.) My house is paid for.
3.) Why, there as broke as we are.
4.) What's your point? It's all funny money.
5.) Toilet paper is an international commodity, who needs money?
I have invested in precious metals like Lead and Copper Jackets....I don't trust funny money and have also paid off the Ponderosa.

Thanks guys HOWEVER,I was hoping for something from maby "Larry The Banker Guy".We can laugh and jest,but in my vehicles I cannot use lead or copper or "bathroom tissue" for food or fuel.And yes the house is paid for,the condos rented,and I is NOT driving across the new bridge with broken Ohio bolts.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 417 Likes on 319 Posts
When money goes bust, toilet paper will rule the word.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I am prepared to join forces with Lary and rule a small part of WV...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by irocpractice

Thanks guys HOWEVER,I was hoping for something from maby "Larry The Banker Guy".We can laugh and jest,but in my vehicles I cannot use lead or copper or "bathroom tissue" for food or fuel.And yes the house is paid for,the condos rented,and I is NOT driving across the new bridge with broken Ohio bolts.
I´ll be driving... got my veggiefuel, got about 500 gallons of that, and it Works fine in the kitchen as well.

And I´m not sure how small (or big) a part of WV madhat and Lary are going to rule, but I have no doubt it will be ruled, and you better come in Peace...

Slev
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I am prepared to join forces with Lary and rule a small part of WV...
Let me know and I will throw in, we can rule a larger part........ Plenty of precious metals to add to the pile here.

Irco, best thing you can do is get the heck out of that "urban paradise" Large portions of blue occupied swaths of America aren't going to be inhabitable......... Think about what SanFran would do without electricity.......... And it isn't that hard to accomplish.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
If you have enough lead and copper jackets you can take what ever you need.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM

I've installed a bidet on my toilet for when toilet paper gets in short supply & unafordable.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heavy metals are recommended Gold-Silver-Lead (The next currency will probably be based on all three).

Fuel storage is needed but if the system totally collapses where are you going to drive too? You will want to stay home and protect the fort. Diesel is easily stored for long periods of time with the proper additives. Aviation fuel will last longer than ethanol.

A sustainable food crop is a must, I was reading of a hydroponic system that puts fish in the water to add nutrients to the plants which filter the water for the fish. This provides the caretaker with fresh fish & veggies.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM

A sustainable food crop is a must, I was reading of a hydroponic system that puts fish in the water to add nutrients to the plants which filter the water for the fish. This provides the caretaker with fresh fish & veggies.

Now that sounds darned interesting by golly.Where is the aforementioned article?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tankeryanker
I've installed a bidet on my toilet for when toilet paper gets in short supply & unafordable.
I don't use toilet paper. I have 10 fingers, there's only 7 days in a week and the creek runs year 'round. I'm all set.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by irocpractice
How would you prepare for;
1) the collapse of the Us Dollar if it were no longer to be used as "The" International Currency of settlement?
2) Uncontrolled inflation similar to that of the Jimmy Carter administration when home loans were 17%?
3)Would you start/continue to invest outside the US and hold the funds in other currencies?
4) Re.above,if so which currencies?
5)IF you have invested in "commodities" and wish to redeem your money,would you be able to do so,in what country,in what currency?
"the reserve currency of the world". Its been that for a long time but like it or not its going the way of the dinosaur. Gold is the best method for diversification but if I had to choose a currency it would be IFC notes.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram
I have one of those. It's called a pond.

Quick Reply: Ponderous Points to Ponder(Sooner Than Later)