Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:21 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
what lies? lets see, i never met you til you walked on the stage lie,
Well first of all, I don't think he lied about that as I believe he was speaking of meeting John Edwards when he was actually present in the Senate, which was rare. I live in NC where Edwards is from. He has no support in this state for that very reason. The "Senator Gone" label is very true.

In addition, I belive that John Edwards is such an unimpressive figure, he's easy to forget about, unless you're in the medical profession, paying huge malpractice insurance rates because of his previous "work" as a trial lawer.

i never said sadam had direct ties to alcida excuse spelling
If you're expecting to be credible when talking about such things, you would at least want to spell it correctly. Not trying to slam you, but I'm just being honest in my opinion.

you do know he got busted on those lies right?
Have you heard about unit 999 of the old Iraqi Military Intelligence? 999 was a special unit made up of 6 battalions, 3 of them which were linked to Iraq sponsored terrorism. It hasn't been proven but some evidence supports the possibility of the second battalion being linked to Al-Queda since they existed in so many training camps. Again, it's not proven.

In addition, I'm not that interested in a direct link because it IS a well known fact that Iraq supported terrorism and terrorists both logistically and financially. Given that fact, and we ARE in a war on terror, not just Al-Queda; this is one of many reasons I agree with taking the war into Iraq, and bringing Saddam out of power. Imagine Al Gore in this situation right now. What a scary thought. How do you know that Cheney wasn't thinking of this when he made his statements?

I'm surprised the media hasn't pursued more about 999 because it could have been something very significant.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) Everyone involved in this election belived there were WMD's.

2) I don't like the defecit, but I think it was explained fairly well.

3) Job loss.......That's a hard one. With todays technology, the job force and job market is much different then it has ever been.

4) Halliburton...Even a lot of Democrates agreed that there was no other company in the world that could do the job they were asked to do. NO ONE else in the world had the resources and people in place for the task.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
Well first of all, I don't think he lied about that as I believe he was speaking of meeting John Edwards when he was actually present in the Senate, which was rare. I live in NC where Edwards is from. He has no support in this state for that very reason. The "Senator Gone" label is very true.

In addition, I belive that John Edwards is such an unimpressive figure, he's easy to forget about, unless you're in the medical profession, paying huge malpractice insurance rates because of his previous "work" as a trial lawer.

If you're expecting to be credible when talking about such things, you would at least want to spell it correctly. Not trying to slam you, but I'm just being honest in my opinion.

I pretty much know what chaney was thinking because when he was confronted about never meeting edwards before his response was "oh yeah" not that he was talking about on the senate floor of course you guys will twist it and turn it any time and way you can to make your man look good.
I couldn't care less about my spelling either, I make a fine living not spelling and this board isn't spelling class as far as i know

Have you heard about unit 999 of the old Iraqi Military Intelligence? 999 was a special unit made up of 6 battalions, 3 of them which were linked to Iraq sponsored terrorism. It hasn't been proven but some evidence supports the possibility of the second battalion being linked to Al-Queda since they existed in so many training camps. Again, it's not proven.

In addition, I'm not that interested in a direct link because it IS a well known fact that Iraq supported terrorism and terrorists both logistically and financially. Given that fact, and we ARE in a war on terror, not just Al-Queda; this is one of many reasons I agree with taking the war into Iraq, and bringing Saddam out of power. Imagine Al Gore in this situation right now. What a scary thought. How do you know that Cheney wasn't thinking of this when he made his statements?

I'm surprised the media hasn't pursued more about 999 because it could have been something very significant.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:30 PM
DTR Founder

4) Halliburton...Even a lot of Democrates agreed that there was no other company in the world that could do the job they were asked to do. NO ONE else in the world had the resources and people in place for the task.
You are exactly right, and that is why Clinton used them in Bosnia in the same manner Bush has.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:30 PM

wake up people is right all you have to do is visit factcheck.org and learn the truth, unlike the onesided opinions on this site
Agree. Many on this site should have just gone ahead and posted that Bush won before the debate started...he could have sat there for the whole night twiddlin' his thumbs, and they would have still declared him the winner.

As GC said, check out factcheck.org. GC led me there a couple of days ago, and I've done a great deal of reading since. Very informative, and you'll learn a great deal instead of getting the one-sided opinions you'll see here...
Old 10-08-2004, 10:35 PM
DTR Founder

Well, I don't believe I'm twisting anything. I'm just giving you my opinion. You still haven't answered anything I've said about 999. Aren't you the least bit curious?

In addition, what about Edwards and his effect on malpractice insurance? How do you feel about that?

Edwards also complained about how the middle class is being taxed too much, and he's for the middle class just like John Kerry, but tax records indicate that they've both taken advantage of tax loopholes in order to save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Tell you what, if you guys want Kerry and Edwards to be president, you know that taxes are going to go up. If that's what you want so much, to fund the federal government, why don't you voluntarily give up some additional income to fund their policies? Why do I ask that, because that is the only way he'll cover his grand plans to fund so many programs.

Originally posted by jlells01
Agree. Many on this site should have just gone ahead and posted that Bush won before the debate started...he could have sat there for the whole night twiddlin' his thumbs, and they would have still declared him the winner.

As GC said, check out factcheck.org. GC led me there a couple of days ago, and I've done a great deal of reading since. Very informative, and you'll learn a great deal instead of getting the one-sided opinions you'll see here...
thank you jlells and you are welcome

In the midst of Iraq, taxes and health care, let us not forget about two subjects that are near and dear to what I believe is a majority of posters here:
2nd amendment and Trucks!

If you're thinking of voting for Kerry, remember the baggage he'll bring back into the White House: Many of the same people in Clintons cabinet: all anti-gunners, the lot of them. And be rest assured that they'll put the EPA into high gear that will pass laws so restrictive to emissions as to make it prohibitive(in one way or another) to own the vehicles we need/desire.

We have a bad habit of thinking "the grass is always greener"....just remember, not always. Kerry has shown me through his own words AND actions that he will do/say anything that is politically expedient for himself. The president has a core and does what he says. He's earned my respect and my vote, Kerry has earned my pity.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:39 PM
DTR Founder

I declared Bush a winner in my own mind because he reinforced the ideas that I agree with. Kerry lost to me because he couldn't prove by fact that he has a better plan.

You can say that all day long about conservatives declaring their guy the winner. It's like that on both sides, and it's just a natural thing to do when the person appeals to your ideals. I don't think it's a flaw, just something that both Republicans and Democrats do.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. You just have to make a decision on where you'll vote based on your opinions on where we should go as a country.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
Well, I don't believe I'm twisting anything. I'm just giving you my opinion. You still haven't answered anything I've said about 999. Aren't you the least bit curious?

In addition, what about Edwards and his effect on malpractice insurance? How do you feel about that?

Edwards also complained about how the middle class is being taxed too much, and he's for the middle class just like John Kerry, but tax records indicate that they've both taken advantage of tax loopholes in order to save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Tell you what, if you guys want Kerry and Edwards to be president, you know that taxes are going to go up. If that's what you want so much, to fund the federal government, why don't you voluntarily give up some additional income to fund their policies? Why do I ask that, because that is the only way he'll cover his grand plans to fund so many programs.
I have to admit jack i don't know what you are talking about 999, does that have anything to do with the devil standing on his head?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I have to admit jack i don't know what you are talking about
Finally you said something we can all agree on
Old 10-08-2004, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Finally you said something we can all agree on
Jack buddy, give me a kiss baby, I can admit when i don't know something or when i'm wrong, unlike your hero bush
Old 10-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
George&cheryl,

Your posts are already on the edge of being funny. Please try not to be asinine.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:49 PM
DTR Founder

Cute, but no

I'll just say this and be done for the night since I have to get up early. You and Herb come and throw out a lot of one liners. Sometimes I get a good chuckle and I enjoy reading them. However, in terms of real issues, I haven't seen anything of substance from either of you. Unfortunately, it's not one liners that get the job done. You have a chance to try and turn voters your way but all you do is put them on the defense. You don't do that to me, but a good many of them you do which indicates to me that your true purpose in this discussion is to just throw some flames on the fire. The reality is that these are serious issues, not a joke. If you want to try and convince someone to vote your way, how about backing up your opinion, and how about answering some questions posed to you by the other side?

You have yet to answer a single question or statement I've put forth in the last week. You've given the typical response that I expect from a liberal. It's unfortunate, and it's shameful to your party.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:58 PM
DTR Founder

Jack buddy, give me a kiss baby, I can admit when i don't know something or when i'm wrong, unlike your hero bush
For the record, Reagan is my hero, because he had the courage to stand up to many European countries, John Kerry's senate votes and most liberals who thought he should have given in on the nuclear freeze. My mother is my hero because she spent 20 years as a police officer saving lives, and putting dangerous criminals to jail. She is my hero because when she died, police officers from more than 25 agencies came to pay their respects for a fallen "brother", some even from out of State. My sister who has spent 23 years in the Army protecting our country is also my hero. She is now a civillian employee of a government agency. My brother is my hero because he's been to hell and back, but yet he was able to overcome devistating events in his life, and become a loving family man with great kids who see him as their hero too.

Bush has admitted a number of times that he's made mistakes in his administration. That is FACT. I won't hold it against you that you didn't pay attention.

Quick Reply: POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted