Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted

Old 10-08-2004, 09:54 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

according to you chaney slammed edwards too
until we sifted through all the lies
Well, you always put out these types of generalizations, but how about some specifics?
Old 10-08-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I don't know what you are talking about, I have never lied to you about anything.
I wasn't say tou lied, I was talking about chaney
Old 10-08-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by George&cheryl
according to you chaney slammed edwards too
until we sifted through all the lies [/B]
Enlighten me: What lies were those? What sort of sieve are you using?
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 PM

I'll bet they're speaking of the time Cheney and Edwards met at the prayer breakfast and Cheney forgot until his wife reminded him. Sounds like me and my wife.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 PM

Thats two in a row !! Bush only has one more chance.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by zulusafari
Enlighten me: What lies were those? What sort of sieve are you using?
what lies? lets see, i never met you til you walked on the stage lie, i never said sadam had direct ties to alcida excuse spelling you do know he got busted on those lies right?
Old 10-08-2004, 09:59 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I think President Bush looked good, but Kerry is too slick. Like the analyst said after the debate...I wish I had a dollar for every time Kerry said he "has a plan"! I never heard his plan except to raise taxes for everyone over $200,000/year.
Well, I don't want people to just think that this raise in taxes would be only for those whose personal income is over 200k per year, because it's not. What many people don't understand is that this will affect small business owners as well. Up to 460,000 small business owners. Lets say only half of those small businesses had 5 employees. That's 230,000 business who face a possible loss. If each one of those businesses had to lay off 2 employees, then you're at a net loss based on one single Kerry policy of 460,000 jobs. This is of course a very rough estimate, but it's more of a possibility under the Kerry plan then under Bush. Bush is creating jobs right now. It's a mistake in my opinion to stop that momentum.

Bush said it right in terms of how that affects job creation. It hurts job creation because those small business owners who now have some relief from the tax burden, will have to pay higher taxes again. How are they going to make up for that? They can't hire more sales people to increase revenue because they can't afford the extra salary needed. Why? Because they have increased taxes. More taxes, less available to spend on resources for their small business, even though the tax hike will require it. It'll be a downhill spiral for many of them until the loss in jobs goes up.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the more sKerry says "I have a plan", the deeper he gets in over his head. At some point he has to explain himself better then his web site tries to.

With sKerry, all we will get is smoke and higher taxes. We may not like everything that GW does, but at least we know where he stands.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:02 PM

bush did look a lot better i'll say that much although it would have been impossible for him to look any worse. over all i'd call this one a draw and thats the way i felt about chaney and edwards too
Old 10-08-2004, 10:09 PM

Lightbulb

yea , he looked better than the first one. I think it was his wink that turned the page !!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by crobtex
I think the more sKerry says "I have a plan", the deeper he gets in over his head. At some point he has to explain himself better then his web site tries to.

With sKerry, all we will get is smoke and higher taxes. We may not like everything that GW does, but at least we know where he stands.
I couldn't agree with you more, the intelligent voter won't have any trouble understanding that EVERYTHING you do requires money.

Kerry is digging his own hole by making endless promises with absolutely no way of keeping them. He was asked point blank even by the moderator how he planned on paying for this stuff, he just ignored the question and went on blabbing about Bush.

Wake up people! All you have to do is listen to what he is saying, or more correctly, what he isn't saying.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I couldn't agree with you more, the intelligent voter won't have any trouble understanding that EVERYTHING you do requires money.

Kerry is digging his own hole by making endless promises with absolutely no way of keeping them. He was asked point blank even by the moderator how he planned on paying for this stuff, he just ignored the question and went on blabbing about Bush.

Wake up people! All you have to do is listen to what he is saying, or more correctly, what he isn't saying.
wake up people is right all you have to do is visit factcheck.org and learn the truth, unlike the onesided opinions on this site
but in all fairness let me say that edwards lied too in the last debate when he said the current admin wanted to lower the troops pay, I don't know where that came from.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:17 PM

i am awake and listining

weapons of mass destruction ??

largest federal deficit in history

more jobs lost in this administration than in history

haliburtan

ect. ect. ect.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by George&cheryl
wake up people is right all you have to do is visit factcheck.org and learn the truth, unlike the onesided opinions on this site
but in all fairness let me say that edwards lied too in the last debate when he said the current admin wanted to lower the troops pay, I don't know where that came from.
i thought that was factcheck.com
Old 10-08-2004, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by herb
i thought that was factcheck.com
oh yeah thats it, according to chaney

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted