Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

People on E-Bay kill me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People on E-Bay kill me!!!!

I am trying to sell a 6.0 Diesel Excursion for my friend on e-bay. This thing is immaculate and is actually one of the good ones that has had absolutely no problems. There are many of them for sale on e-bay by dealers and private sellers. The strange thing is that even though used car dealers have a bad reputation generally, they are the only ones that can sell these things for a decent amount of money. Are people so lazy that they will pay $5000 more for the same exact truck just so they don't have to go sit down at the bank and fill out some loan paperwork?? They are literally paying that much more for these from a dealer! My listing has ended and I am contemplating listing it one more time but I don't know what else to put in my listing to interest people in this thing.
Before anybody says "Put a Cummins in it" let me say that these things are very popular among the diehard Ford crowd...
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 AM

People are generally idiots from what I've found. I'd look for a private seller any day over a dealer.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a dealer was bidding on thier own stuff to get the numbers up.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM

I alway secure my own financing prior to car shopping. Most people are used to the dealer taking care of that for them so they don't realize how easy it is.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:06 AM

I agree with that. I guess I used to be like that too when I was younger but it is ridiculously easy to secure financing for an auto or even a home prior to buying. Maybe some people still don't know this. Or they are just plain lazy. Just seems a bit ridiculous to spend so much more at a dealer for the exact same thing.....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
try www.craigslist.org also

people are idiots. i am constantly amazed.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM

Most of those dealers on there are "we tote the note" kind of lots. They can offer financing to people with not so good credit where a bank wont! Thats why a lot of people have to and will pay $5,000 more from a dealer rather than come up with the cash or a bank loan to buy from an individual. Its a sad fact of life and probably one of the many reasons our economy is like it is
Old 01-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DmaxEter
Most of those dealers on there are "we tote the note" kind of lots. They can offer financing to people with not so good credit where a bank wont! Thats why a lot of people have to and will pay $5,000 more from a dealer rather than come up with the cash or a bank loan to buy from an individual. Its a sad fact of life and probably one of the many reasons our economy is like it is
yup- used car dealers will finance a guy with BAD credit @24%. it's the only way people like that can get a nice vehicle, as no bank or credit union will touch them.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not always that guys...
Between a truck i wanted to buy, a car the wife wanted and a truck the son-in-law wanted, i know of three banks and one credit union that absolutely will NOT finance a vehicle bought from an individual on EBAY, where they will finance it if thru a dealer....regardless of $ amount or anything else..
I don't agree with their logic on that, but my guess is that there must be a lot of banks that way...

Bank of America, US Bank and the local Fed Employees Credit Union all have policies like that, no matter how good your credit rating...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM

I cant say I much blame the banks on that policy. As many scams as there are on ebay and as many people that are so willing to fall for them what should one expect!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 AM

I just got a new truck (ordered yesterday) and I didn't like the finance rate dodge offered, so I went to my own bank and got a unbelievably good rate 5.5% for 60 mos...

First time I did it and I have bought at least 10 trucks
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM

I just bought a van on e-bay after selling my conversion van on ebay, and both me and my buyer easily got loans from our banks for these vehicles. Neither of us used the banks you mentioned though. I guess I can agree with their logic but I wonder if they would have that policy if the person was local and the buyer could actually go and see it in person......
Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

OK, I have been corrected.
The banks WOULD fiance it, but thier policy on ANY loan for a vehicle from an individual requires an inspection and written "proffessional" apprassial and some other hoops that make it too much of a PITA to do it.. they dont require that when purchasing from a liscenced dealer..
the FECU had on thier paperwork that fianancing EBAY purchases is prohibited....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Craigslist and TruckTrader are where I have always had good luck. TruckTrader is also good for the fact that there are loan companies linked on the site; for those who are too lazy to go to their own bank.

Quick Reply: People on E-Bay kill me!!!!