Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Outrage...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outrage...

I have got to say something here. And I don't know if they are just doing this to irritate, or what.

I was just talking to some people, and they have said that if there was ever a draft, they would spare no expense in spiriting out of the country their kids and grandkids to avoid the draft.

They would go ahead, IMHO, spit on the people who have served before, because of the politics of our current administration. Is it just me, or does this upset anyone else?

Sorry...thanks for that...
Old 05-31-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it upsets me. While I was sweatting on a C130 ramp in DaNang, my best friend was sitting on Yonge Street having a cool one. We've buried our differences and are still friends. I can now see his point of view much clearer now.

Everyone, has a right to do whatever they want. Says so right in the US Constitution. Can't remember the last time anyone was prosecuted for not showing up for the draft. Can you?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:37 PM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
Love it or LEAVE it
Old 05-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I say let em go! just a few less morons to worry about if things get bad. People like that are not even worth worrying about, and frankly,the country is a heck of a lot stronger with out them
Old 05-31-2004, 02:31 PM

induchman, you are right. We have the right to do and say almost anything we want within the bounds of the law.

It just makes me furious to think that people don't care about the sacrafice our country has made, individually and as a whole, to keep us free. They mock, they laugh, they burn the flag that gives them the very protection to do so. And then turn their back.

I support anyone's right to speak out. But I think we also have the right to be outraged by what they say.

Let them go. Maybe they can find France much more enjoyable.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:39 PM

They don't have to worry about it if John Kerry elected France , Germany and his other buddys are going to do our fighting for us like they did in iraq.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:17 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well- maybe it's just me-but would you take up a gun and go to war for something you can't stand behind? Personally, for me on my side of the pond, I wouldn't want to go to war for the government we currently have. I'd go and defend my country-yes, but I wouldn't go out somewhere to defend their politcal agenda. (Which I didn't vote for)
America is in the situation that it won't have to defend the country- only so called interests. And on those I think you can differentiate, if you like, between the ones from the past and the ones the current administration thinks are worth waging war for...

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM
Old 05-31-2004, 03:47 PM

In the case of a Viet Nam type of war, I would NOT send my child to die in a war being fought in an unwinable way. I admire and respect all the Nam era veterans. They did what they thought was the right thing to do.

Would I send a son to fight for Exxon? H--l NO!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:04 PM

While it is true that we probably won't have to fight to save our land and only to protect our interests, but these days it is these common interests that make it the country it is. We need to have the trade, the commerce and the allies to maintain the lifestyle that we live today.

I support the right for a FREE people to choose not to support the common interest, support their country, tuck tail and run (whatever you choose to call it) ... but when they leave, they need to stay gone.

You can't love the USA in the good times, bail out on her when things get rough and then think you can come back when the dust settles.

Just my .02 worth
PISTOL
Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Alpine,
The difference I see with this one is they brought it over here when they decided to kill 3,000 Americans on our own soil.
That was our wake-up call.

We're now fighting on their turf to keep it over there.

JMHO
Ed
Old 05-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Boy, I really struggle thinking this war is all about "interests." Let me see, what was it that happened on 9/11 - - maybe we have forgotten. And, who was it that bombed out ship, and our embassies, and . . . on and on and on? Hmmmm . . . oh yeh, it was radical Islamics. Now let's see - - - who is that says "we infidels" should be eliminated? Oh yeh, Islamic radicals. Who was it that scorned the US, welcomed terroists in his country, defied the UN, support terroism around the world? Let me remember - - - oh yeh, some Islamic radical named Saddam. And where did he live, and rule, and create his mayhem - - - hmmmm, oh yeh, Iraq.

Now, how do we call that "interests?" The only interest involved here is that is in the best "interest" of the world that he is eliminated and that country be liberated. Too bad a bunch of other cowards were too involved in protecting their "interests" in their financial involvement in that crooked regime to get on board to get rid of him. I am waiting for all the facts to come out about the involvements of France, Germany and Russia - - and the UN in that debacle.

OK, shut up Bob. Your blood pressure is going up.

Proud to be an American and sooooo proud of our president. He is a man of integrity and guts. Sic em, W.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:45 PM

Bob? Bob? Are you there Bob? Come in Bob, you're breaking up.
I agree 100%. Where's the petition? I wanna get you added to the ballot. Nat
Old 05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Tom

Hey, I don't need to add anything to FiverBob's statement. Right on target. I agree 100%.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Markus- It seems to me that 60 years ago the U.S. was fighting another war to defend its interests against a man from your country. That man never invaded American soil. There were many in my country who did not want to fight for these interests on the "political agenda" of the FDR administration until 12/07/41. Hopefully it will not require another Pearl Harbor or 9/11 to get Western Europe to realize that we have many interests in common, just as the U.S., the U.K., and the people in countries overrun by ***** had common interests in WWII. Oh wait, there was Madrid and the Spaniards seem to have caved. They want to leave the Middle East to the terrorists. Perhaps in a few years Spain will be known as Al Andulus once again, as it was in medieval times when it was under Islamic rule and Sharia law was in force. Anybody up for stoning an adultress? I doubt it will happen though, that woud not fit in with the "political agenda" of the evil Bush administration.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:31 PM

"Hopefully it will not require another Pearl Harbor or 9/11 to get Western Europe to realize that we have many interests in common, just as the U.S., the U.K., and the people in countries overrun by ***** had common interests in WWII."

Spain had their little 9-11 also when the terrorists bombed the train station. The only difference is they decided to be cowards and back down from the bullies instead of standing up to them.

Quick Reply: Outrage...