Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8

Old 08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
hellooooooooooooooooo -- - - - - - wow, sure big echo in here.
anybody heeeeeerrrrrrreeeee - - - - gee, pretty bad echo.
scareeeeeeeee
goooooone - - - - -- -
Old 08-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Coffee is Hot, Phoo too (without goo) Breakfast is being catered by Panera Bread this morning Come and Get It!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sure glad I brought my red wagon to load up on the vittles.
Had a very emotionally charged day yesterday.
First we learned that my wife's colleague's daughter age 22 died.

Then while I'm under my truck, I hear my phone and felt I had better check and see who called. Didn't recognize the number, figured it was another spam call but checked the message anyway. It was my daughter, crying, she was lost in the park.
She went with my wife and I thought it was very strange that she'd be lost. I assumed she called while someone else was calling and went straight to voicemail.
I started a mad scramble to get the truck back together to go to the park as it was already dark out.
Tried to call my wife's cell again and she answers.
Maddi was showing Momma how fast she could run, she ran way off one way and Meg's went along the trail quickly trying to find her. Maddi stopped a stranger and used their phone, then she went to their usual rest spot and they we're reunited. SCARY!
Then once that was all done I went back to finishing the fuel tank install.
As I was climbing out of the truck bed and reaching down with one foot to the step, the other foot slipped as I touch the step, the step tipped over and I crashed on my right side on the floor.
I laid there for several minutes while I figured out if I broke or snapped anything. Nope, just bruised my right elbow, ribs and shoulder. Pulled a groin muscle too.

Going to chill out a bit today.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in the pic, (probably have to blow it up) there is a new fish in the pond.

46 ****** jeep. rolled 150 feet from the driveway. one pebble gave way and I couldn't hold it back. chain in hand. what a feeling.

front tire broke bead on tractor, the new 15 ply heavy duty one. had to go into town for the fancy tire machine to put that one back on.

did not get the lawn seeded. so much for "oh, while I am here, might as well do this.." thought process.

got jeep out with tractor (anchor) other jeep with winch (puller) 3/4 ton truck to oversee the stupidity(chain off). guess it REALLY did not want to go into auction. naturally it came out easy cause I was ready to battle ....

so I am back into doing stuff at normal pace. out the door.
Attached Thumbnails New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8-jeepinpond.jpg  
Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 AM
DTR Mom

dang big boy! tough on the psyche!!!!! slip and falls

rest relax recoup
Old 08-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Heidi...your idea of fishing appears far more stressful than mine....sometimes I like to open a cool one and hope like hell the fish leave me alone Take a break young Lady and get some rest

Scotty, tough day for sure, so very happy things turned out OK in the end...wrap some ice on your LEGGS and you will be OK
Old 08-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I rapped my LEGGS with a hockey stick. Feels grrreeat!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many "could have been bad" stories to end the week! The hurry up kind of injuries and mistakes sound very familiar.

Waiting for the A/C guy to get here today. Nothing big, just need the house system topped of. Somehow I think the leak is in the A Coil. Not worth putting a pile of money into the system, it's getting on in years. I I spend the money on the inside, sure as the world the outside will quit. Then the new inside stuff won't be compatible with the other.

The Bride wants to go to the rodeo tonight. Guess I need to clean up a bit and dust off the hat and boots.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:44 PM
DTR Mom

rodeo, oh the mischief! enjoy, and kick up yer heels.

clean and fresh, I seeded the lawn and watered it. then put a thick (no weed) plastic sheet down under a deck to discourage weeds.

I looked like pigpen from Charlie brown comics. couldn't even bring the pants in the house. got clean, took a nap. so there (raspberry)

debating about chainsawing some trees but my luck isn't strong today.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Just arrived home a short while ago and then decided to see what is happening here. Now backpeddling as fast as I can to get out of here before some of that bad luck that is going around today touches me. Maybe it was in the this mornings coffee?
Old 08-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Just arrived home a short while ago and then decided to see what is happening here. Now backpeddling as fast as I can to get out of here before some of that bad luck that is going around today touches me. Maybe it was in the this mornings coffee?
Looking back at some of your recent posts, I see where this bad mojo started.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:07 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Looking back at some of your recent posts, I see where this bad mojo started.

Hey, you sound like my wife!!!!! If anything goes wrong, I initially get the blame, no matter what or who really caused the problem. Go ahead and blame me as I have wide shoulders from years of practice of taking the blame for other people.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, rodeo didn't happen tonight. After thinking things over, we decided to go tomorrow night. After 3 inches of rain, I decided that the chance of me sinking into the parking field was just too likely. Saturday night it is!

The Bride and I were married for 15 years before she found out I rode a bit on the high school team and grew up working cattle on a horse. I really found it funny when she just stared when I took the first unridden horse she brought home for a spin. (That is until I came unhooked)....... She just couldn't understand why I was laughing while the horse is looking down at me like "what happened dude?"

I keep thinking I need to talk the Doc into giving my back another look. Maybe it's good enough to get a few horses again....
Old 08-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks Coffee is Hot, phoo is too...Cracker Barrel is catering today come and get it!
Old 08-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
I keep thinking I need to talk the Doc into giving my back another look. Maybe it's good enough to get a few horses again....
Your back may well be, but your brain isn't........... That's a young mans game.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8