Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Need Experienced skid steer owners help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great reading information !! thanks guys..you have just " Widen" my knoweldge in many areas !!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to add to this a little as I work at a large used equipment dealer/auction company and I get to see the inderds of alot of these machines as well as getting to operate just about any machine on the market. I'll be honest, mustangs are not exactly considered a "good" machine, they are crude at best. the controls stink, most have their own style of quick attach, they have absolutely NO resale value whatsoever compared to the other brands and they just flat out suck to operate.

If I were you, looking for an older, cheaper, but good skid steer, I would look at some of the older deeres (75 series) 6675,7775,8875 are all good machines or if you like NH machines, the 665's and 885's were good machines and if you like Bobcats, 673's and 773's are tough machines and the older ones are getting cheaper and easier to find. AND they have Kubota engines which are near bulletproof.

PM me, i can get you prices on some machines we have here.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dieselJon
Mustangs are much lighter duty compared to the NH. Like comparing a Powerstroke to a Cummins.
Why is that??? I purchased a new Mustang in 98 with a 75hp Isuzu turbodiesel and have not had one single problem...and it gets used hard.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM

i have ran a few differnt machines all quite a bit.....deere 8875, 250, 325, and ct332, a couple of s250 bobcats, and a cat 238b?? something like that...and i must say, id have nothing other than a deere, i love them...very reliable and easy to work on..like someone else stated you can run all the bobcat attachments with them...mostly i think its just personal preference....as with me, bobcats i dont care for, and as nice as the cats may be, i dislike their joystick controlls... i know a few people with some of the smaller/offbrands, like mustang, daewood..etc..and have been excellent machines from what i have heard, i just believe you would be best off with a bigger name brand, just for the fact of holding value better...thats my .02...
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ben
Cat has ASV's undercarriage and ASV has Cat controls.

I agree that no one has anything on the ride of a CAT or ASV. But for just wanting the stability of a tracked machine the Bobcat's are good.

The difference between ASV and Cat comes to personal preference. Enter/exiting the cab, visibility, track width.

We have a Cat 277B at home. Last week was the first time I have spent major seat time in it. I fell asleep once, no joke. It was that comfy.

You dont feel anything. Running in and out of ditch cuts was a breeze. Things that would make me cringe in the Thomas was no sweat in the CAT.

All hand controls and no more foot feet was awesome. Just kick back.

But Cat's and ASV's are $$$$$. For tracked machine stability and performance the Bobcat's are good. LOTS of guys run them up here.

If you are going to be living in it, then save your money and bite the bullet with asv or cat.
Agreed I just had a Cat 226B dropped off for the weekend and they are nice, the joystick controls are a lot easier on the knees.(running the Bobcat all day hurt the ol' knees) Very quiet 57hp/62hp.net is plenty for my app. I could drill a 2' auger in this pit run ground around here with little trouble.