Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NBC Nightly News Story Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NBC Nightly News Story Last Night

Does anyone else think it is extremely irresponsible for NBC to run THIS story about suicide bombers in Iraq?

I saw the story on the news last night and they pretty much made these COWARDS out to be heroes. Not only were they telling the names and faces of terrorists who have been suicide bombers, but they were actually interviewing families who were talking about how proud they were of their sons for killing Americans.

I sent a strongly worded e-mail to NBC expressing my disgust with them for running this story, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about it too.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You got it!

The liberal media has been calling these homicidal subhuman slugs hereos the whole war. They have been calling them "suicide bombers" and "freedom fighters" in Israel for years. And the parents of these bombers cheer when their kids blow themselves up. These "parents" (I call them bomber breeders) are the "innocent civillians" we are trying to protect?

Don't get me started!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% agree with you shame on NBC they will do the lowest things for ratings/money. What a disgrace.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:34 AM

Hoss,
I think NBC was just reporting how wide spread that extreme brain washing has advanced in the Muslim community. Proves once again that any form of "fanaticism" is not healthy for the world community.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I guess I'm missing something. It seems to me that they're just reporting that particular side of the story at that particular time. I don't see any bias by the reporter, nor do I see any support for the people they're talking to. I see them presenting a sickening side of this war that should be presented. What am I missing here?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:01 AM

Jack, Good morning!

You never hear the news media use the word "coward" to describe someone who convinces a 16 year old kid to strap a bomb on his or hers back before they walk into a bus or police station. These people are cowards, but you will never hear the press say that.

The animals (innocent civillians) that are "breeding" these homicidal bombers by preaching hate of western culture needs to be exterminated like roaches. You'll never hear the press say that either!

How can a parent be proud of their kid committing suicide to kill others? The answer is they are not human parents as we know it. They are sub human animals breeding murderers.

Get the RAID out!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
I guess I'm missing something. It seems to me that they're just reporting that particular side of the story at that particular time. I don't see any bias by the reporter, nor do I see any support for the people they're talking to. I see them presenting a sickening side of this war that should be presented. What am I missing here?
Jack, the story on the web is a bit different then what was on the news last night. They were showing the names and faces of known suicide bombers, talking about what kind of job they had, whether they were wealthy or poor, interviewing their parents (who talked about how proud they were that their son had died to kill Americans.....yes, they literally said that), etc.

In my opinion, giving them that kind of media coverage only ENCOURAGES them to continue doing what they're doing. I think it was very irresponsible on NBC's part.

These people now know that they can not only kill Americans, but they can get themselves and their families plastered on national television talking about how great it is to kill Americans.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Well that makes sense hoss. Geico, I also don't feel the term coward is appropriate. I would use something more along the lines of evil pig, or something similair. I can't say it here.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
They were showing the names and faces of known suicide bombers, talking about what kind of job they had, whether they were wealthy or poor, interviewing their parents (who talked about how proud they were that their son had died to kill Americans.....yes, they literally said that), etc.

In my opinion, giving them that kind of media coverage only ENCOURAGES them to continue doing what they're doing. I think it was very irresponsible on NBC's part.

These people now know that they can not only kill Americans, but they can get themselves and their families plastered on national television talking about how great it is to kill Americans.
This is exactly what I am talking about! Did we ever interview the families of Kamakzi pilots in WWII? How about the families of sappers in Vietnam or Korea? Ask their families if they were proud parents to have killed Americans?? You have GOT to be kidding me! This is aidding and abedding the ememy!

This is why this war MUST be called WWIII, put a muzzle on the press, and start acting like we are in WWIII until we have achieved victory. The press is inciting radical animals to kill our soilders!

This is unbelieveable to me!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:00 PM

There already IS a muzzle on the press. That, to me, is more frightening than the threat of terrorists.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by pogorules
There already IS a muzzle on the press. That, to me, is more frightening than the threat of terrorists.
Yes they Muzzle the Truth and the Conservitives...
We Are Winning in Iraq and mot of them do want us there.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, "he was a good friend a best friend, he never left my side." yeah until you sent him to die for your cause!!! Ths Zarqawi guy has been in hiding since we got there, I don't see him putting his life on the line here
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The press has the right to say anything that they want to, and I would die defending that. Maybe a shade of grey if they are reporting top secret military plans or something, but as for talking about the enemy, they may do as the wish.

And call me insane, but no where in that story do I see support for suicide bombings. I see a report on the suicide bombers and who they are, but no commentary that would support the terrorists. Actually, it seems to be good reporting. They are saying who the bombers are and why they do as they do.

It seems that you all are being hypocrits. You want the press to support your side, giving America the full benefit of the doubt, but as soon as they look at things from another point of view (even thouigh this story isn't doing so), you call them traitors? It's freedom and speech and a NECESSITY for the American people to know both sides of the story; what do you want, a bunch of American propaganda, how the one brave Marine killed 20 pig-loving, baby-killing, family-less terrorists with a wet shoe-lace? The media needs to look at things realistically, from multiple points of view, and we need to remain open to that. True, the media does seem to be quick to point out examples of bad American's, but I definitly fail to see any support for terrorists.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 AM

I think once we find out who these suicide bombers are we should hunt down their families and killl every last one of the S.O.B's Maybe that would help nip this suicide bombing in the butt It would at least make them think twice about doing it!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by Begle1
The press has the right to say anything that they want to, and I would die defending that. Maybe a shade of grey if they are reporting top secret military plans or something, but as for talking about the enemy, they may do as the wish.

And call me insane, but no where in that story do I see support for suicide bombings. I see a report on the suicide bombers and who they are, but no commentary that would support the terrorists. Actually, it seems to be good reporting. They are saying who the bombers are and why they do as they do.

It seems that you all are being hypocrits. You want the press to support your side, giving America the full benefit of the doubt, but as soon as they look at things from another point of view (even thouigh this story isn't doing so), you call them traitors? It's freedom and speech and a NECESSITY for the American people to know both sides of the story; what do you want, a bunch of American propaganda, how the one brave Marine killed 20 pig-loving, baby-killing, family-less terrorists with a wet shoe-lace? The media needs to look at things realistically, from multiple points of view, and we need to remain open to that. True, the media does seem to be quick to point out examples of bad American's, but I definitly fail to see any support for terrorists.
We lost the war in Vietnam due to the press reporting only one side of the issue. The largest protest march in the Nam war was FOR the war, supporting the troops and the president. The press did not even cover it, did not even mention it! The Tet Offensive was a complete military disaster for the ememy and we kicked their butts, but our press reported it as a victory for our ememy and reported their resolve and strength and the American people bought it. Every time there was a war protester throwing medals over the fence at the Whitehouse the press was there and it ran on the nightly news. (Thank you Dan Rather and John Kerry)

NBC has tried to put a human face on these homicidal animals, and this is wrong during a time of war. It "humanizes" these cowardly animals. I will gaurantee you there are people in this country right now that look at these animals as "freedom fighters" even as they murder our soldiers. During the same time frame on TV why don't they interview a Marines family? One of our troops? Why not organize a Christmas letter writing campain for our guys. Instead they interview the families of the dead bombers that killed our soldiers for the sympathy effect. I'll tell you why, because it doesn't have the same morbid curiousity & shock value, and it won't get ratings so NBC can sell soap or SUVs.

Interviewing the enemy homicide bombers is just like Jane Fonda going to North Vietnam and sitting on a anti aircraft gun implacement used to shoot down our planes. It was wrong then and it is wrong now.

Unless you have served our country you simply don't understand what I am talking about. You need to study history and the effect the press has on the public before you can make the statement you did.

A study released today is finding Americans are already growing tired and disolutioned by all the car bombings and deaths of our soldiers. This "report" will only fuel our enemy to do more instead of reporting the truth about the good we are doing in Iraq and Afganistan. Girls, for the first time in 20 years are allowed in school. Did NBC interview a family with girls back in school? No, the story is not sick enough.

In Afganistan they held the first free elections in 5,000 years and had a ceremony thanking the USA. It did not even make the papers, or the nightly news. Balanced reporting?

Quick Reply: NBC Nightly News Story Last Night