Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My friends....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 PM
JKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friends....

This could be farwell from me for a while.

Long story short, i didn't like the job i had, and was getting the shaft around there , so i stepped outside of my little box ,and accepted a job on a custom harvest crew out of burdett alberta. I am getting on a plane and flying out there tomorrow , by this time next week , i will be in southern oklahoma. The company's name is Thacker harvesting , so if anyone on here knows them, hires them , etc , stop by the crew and say hey , my name is Jayme.

I am leaving my CTD at home for the summer, in the hands of my dad , who will probably drive it while he gets a little work done to his truck , then put it in storage for me.

I don't know how often i will have internet access, but i am taking my laptop with me , so i will probably drag it along and check for wireless when we fuel the trucks up. I will try and check into the DTR and let you fellers know where i am, and i will likely have thousands of pictures when i come back.

Ya'll keep this forum just as awsome as it always has been , and i will be back , in 7-8 months. If any of ya'll need to get ahold of me, PM or e-mail me , and i will answer ASAP, or if it is real urgent PM A-Poc , he has my cell #.

Audios amigos!

Jayme Miller
Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of luck man!

i hope all goes well for u.... have a safe trip, travel and drop in if u can..

Rick
Old 05-12-2006, 10:57 PM

Man, its like loosing a member from the AA group that has cured himself of his addiction.
Good luck man. We will be waiting for the pictures and stories.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Finally. I thought we'd never get rid of you. Take it easy man and good luck. What part of southern oklahoma are you going to be in?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Good luck. Hope it goes well.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:13 AM

Good luck man...hope you don't go nuts working that hard I'll bet it wears on you A LOT!!

Make sure to stop by and hollar at us when you get a chance
Chris
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
What part of southern oklahoma are you going to be in?
If he's custom harvesting he'll be west of I-35....that's where most of the wheat ground is at. Good luck with wheat harvest...it shouldnt take long to get through Oklahoma as I dont think the yields will be good this year. I'll keep an eye out for you because I'm sure Ill be up there too in another month chasing combines and 4wd tractors.
Cody
Old 05-13-2006, 12:31 PM
JKM

Hey all , thanks for the replies , i am sitting in the airport in Calgary alberta , and i am here until 1 pm their time, it is 11 30 here now , and i have already been here for an hour , my shuttle won't be here till 1 , so any DTR members from calgary who are bored for a few hours , drop in and say hey! I'll either be sleeping on a bench by tim hortons , or by luggage carousel # 4, look or the dude carryin 2 boxes of lobster haha.
Anyways folks , my laptop battery is dead , and i can't find a place to plug it in , so i am gonna dig out my pillow or abit , it has been a long flight.

Cody , i'll PM you my cell # , you can give me a ring if your in the area and/or forward it to other DTR members in the area.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
JKM

Hey all , just me checking in again. Got to where i was going , me and the other guys i will be working with went to the stock car races and drag races in Medicine Hat, then on to one of the pubs in town. We have some internet here at the shop , so there's where i am now. In burdett alberta , for anyone who knows the place.

We leave for OK on thrusday , hoping to catch the PBR rodeo on saturday in OK city.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

hey man im in northern arkansas. you probley wont ever be up this way but if you are drop me a line and stop in.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good luck and have some fun when you get there.

I used to know a few girls who operated combines on some of the custom crews. Hope you meet up with them

Ed
Old 05-14-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
Hey all , just me checking in again. Got to where i was going , me and the other guys i will be working with went to the stock car races and drag races in Medicine Hat, then on to one of the pubs in town. We have some internet here at the shop , so there's where i am now. In burdett alberta , for anyone who knows the place.

hoping to catch the PBR rodeo on saturday in OK city.
You bugger....

Ill catch up with you at some point....
Old 05-14-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by sherod

I used to know a few girls who operated combines on some of the custom crews. Hope you meet up with them
I think he "might" have met them already....
Old 05-14-2006, 11:28 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
I think he "might" have met them already....
Old 05-14-2006, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by NeedMoPower
If he's custom harvesting he'll be west of I-35....that's where most of the wheat ground is at. Good luck with wheat harvest...it shouldnt take long to get through Oklahoma as I dont think the yields will be good this year. I'll keep an eye out for you because I'm sure Ill be up there too in another month chasing combines and 4wd tractors.
Cody
Yeah, we are expecting record low yeilds from crops this year...this drought has really been tough on a lot of farmers...I haven't seen one single wheat field that looks decent on my trips out west, but the southern ones should be the best out of the state! Anyway...Good luck man! if you need anything and get a chance to get on here, PM me, I'll gladly make the trip south and help out!

Quick Reply: My friends....