Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Muphasa Shamus Von Lucas passes away

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Muphasa Shamus Von Lucas passes away

I know it won't mean much to people that have never met the Mu Man, but when I went down stairs this morning to let the big boy out, I found him laying in the floor gasping for air. I screamed for Kat to call the vet, and we both just held him and petted him. The vet finally came screeching up the drive way, because he knows how we are about Muphasa, they loaded him into his truck and sped away to the office, we where only minutes behind, but he had passed away when we arrived.
Here is this big ole guy that we both refer to as "our kid", and he ain't moving, it was like somebody reached in and ripped my heart out. This dude has protected my wife and loved both of us with all his heart.
His brother and sister, which are cats, had even taught him about hair *****, and the proper way to spit them up, and it seemed like they all talked, because, Salem would get up in the window when someone came up, and Muphasa would bark, imagine the looks on peoples faces when this happened. The pizza man was his best friend and it was always on time. I believe one good thing was that he finally got his room to roam, we moved into the new house the 1st of Nov, I'd let him out in the morning and then go get another cup of coffee, or 2, or 3, and wait on him to come back to the door doing the "Elvis wiggle", ready for breakfast.
NAW, he wasn't a dog, he was my KID, sidekick, and someone I could talk to that always understood and LOVED me, no matter what.
But today when we picked him up at the vet's office, Kat looked at me, crying like hell and said this is like having to bury one of your kids, I looked at her and said "HE IS".
Old 12-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know eactly where you're coming from. Last year, I had to put my girl Courtney to sleep, that was even worse than passing away on her own since mentally, she was very alert. She developed joint cancer and could never walk again. I could no longer stand to see her lay there and watch the others run around an play. I had to take a day off from work. Her registered name was Altars Courtney The Delight and she had 25 ribbons by the time she was 2 years old. The name fit her perfectly and she brought up more delight than anything I've ever owned.

Someone sent me a poem about The Rainbow Bridge and I wish I could remember who it was cause I lost it somewhere. It was really neat.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Banned

I know how it feels to lose someone that special. My prayers and sympathies are with you.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your loss.

One would hope he is in a better place.

phox
Old 12-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I can relate to that in a big way. We lost a good friend here this year.

There was a list of ailments that hit her all at once. respiratory failure, large mass in abdomen, dilated eyes, bleeeding behind the eyes, and the list went on and on.

I feel for ya. Its amazing how attached we get. Such loyalty too.

Take Care.

Scotty
Old 12-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, our pets are much more than just animals, they are every bit a part of our family's.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:39 PM

I feel for ya, My dogs are like my children, been with me thru thick and thin and always made me happy. I have a old dalmation/ great dane mix whos gettin up there. I hate to see her like she is, gettin slow etc. Look at the great side of things if you can. You gave your dog a better life with more care and love than many ever will see.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:20 AM

Sorry for your loss...
Old 12-17-2004, 05:36 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss I just put mine down after 19 years.Road dog/guard dog he was like me hard to kill.Yes all dogs go to heaven.I still wakeup looking for him,and look for when I fire up the truck.He had more then a million miles under his butt.I feel your loss of your family has encounterd.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Here it is Joel.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 12-17-2004, 06:16 AM

Yes, our fur people are like our kids also. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers and love to you and yours.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:40 AM

This brings tears to my eyes. We lost 'Spout' this spring and I still hurt everyday from the loss.
Sorry for this loss of yours, and you will go on.
Regardless of what some will say, Don't forget this pet.
They are special. They will give their lives for us.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:36 AM

Sorry to hear your loss, hope time will help. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 12-17-2004, 10:51 AM

Sorry for your loss...reading that gave me goosebumps, your sorrow really comes through. As the owner of two Border collies,. (my kids) -one of which is elderly....i dread that day.

take care.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Thanks Ed, I knew someone would have it.

Quick Reply: Muphasa Shamus Von Lucas passes away