Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

MP3 Players

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP3 Players

I'm looking for an economical (I'm trying not to say cheap) MP3 player for my truck, and the main thing is I'm looking for one with a steering wheel attachable remote. I saw one a few years ago at Wal-Mart for less than $100 and I kinda wish I jumped on it. Any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 PM

I have a zune. its a bit pricy but it works great and is rugged enough to be droped and shuffled around the truck. plus its a 30g so it will hold a crap load of music and pictures and videos. plus its super easy to use
Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
Why not just get a CD player that handles MP3's? Then use your CD Burner to put your MP3's on a CD and play away. Usually they will handle WMA's as well.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:15 AM

edwin brings up a good point.

I had a iPod, and I hated it, but I was using it for running, and not in the truck.

I say get a CD/MP3 player, I had one in my old truck, and I could fit about 150 songs on a blank CD-R

hope this helps
Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

I love my alpine headunit. Plays MP3 cd's and my ipod has a direct connection to it. Cost me around $250-300 but it's so worth it. It's XM/Sirius/MP3/Ipod compatible. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I am setting up my new 80Gb. Video Ipod to work in my truck; it is going to feed the audio and video into my new JVC KD-AVX1 receiver. I am trying to figure out where to mount it because the truck rides so harsh it would probably fall of from its mount so for now I run the cable from behind the seat up next to the seat belts and I just set on the seat next to me.
I also burn audio and movies onto DVD's to carry in my truck.
You can get a lot more songs on the disk in Mp3 format opposed to when they are on a CD.

Shouldn't be a big concern for a while but don't forget that CD's are going to stop being produced in about 2 years.
Jim
Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Chapter President

I'm sorry, I meant a CD/MP3 player direct replacement, I didn't want to plug it in or mess with a radio frequency all the time, I've had those, even had a cassette adapter from a portable MP3/CD player I ran in my 91.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:05 AM

Go to any stereo store and buy the one you like! Doesn't matter the brand there all made in China!......lol
Old 06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Chapter President

I know, but I was hoping someone would know of one off hand so I could just order it (in a few months) off the net.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Shouldn't be a big concern for a while but don't forget that CD's are going to stop being produced in about 2 years.
Jim
what in the world are you talking about? what is going to be their replacement?

brett
Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 PM

I have a cool JVC with USB on the front. Just load your music on a flash drive and take it anywhere. They even have one now with bluetooth so you can talk on your phone through your radio. And I def have to disagree with eodshawn. There is a real difference in brands, made in china or not. I personally wont touch a Sony-Ive had nothing but trouble with them.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:32 PM

I bought the Zen, it broke took it back got another it broke took it back and got a samsung it works great use it all the time. It will hold 500 songs and tons of playlist for whatever mood your in. It will also play movies and voice record. I paid $98.99 Circuit City.Samsung T9
Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
what in the world are you talking about? what is going to be their replacement?

brett

I am sure they are still going to be around but the technology is old school, it will be like all of the 4 track tapes or all of your BetaMax movies you have at home where the labels are going to give way to the newer formats like DVD audio and Super Audio CD's but you will still probably be able to buy them at the $.99 store.
For a while you will still be able to burn them from your computer onto blank CD's until they stop making the burners.
I have also read where the data on a CD/DVD is not as secure as they once thought it was because the media is developing small pits rendering all of the data unreadable. So all of your wedding pictured they put on a disk might suddenly be inaccessible.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/pte...ure/index.html

Jim
Old 06-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Chapter President

OK, so is there a player (in the CD player slot) that will just use a portable MP3 player as a hard drive so you don't have to mess with one for volume and the other for changing songs? I guess I'd have to at least find one that has an audio in jack, but I really don't want a cable flapping around in there, and I'm not messing with the FM tuner deal, I've had those and the sound isn't as good.
So if CD's go the way of records, what will the artists release their albums on? Just download?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 AM

eclipse makes a head unti that has something like 12g built in you can just put a cd in and it rips it to its hard drive. But cheap it is not! I looked into one about 2 years ago and it was 2900 but it also played dvds and had nav built into it.

Quick Reply: MP3 Players