Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Monty!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monty!!

I read somewhere that you had gone to OK state heavy diesel school a while back.Was it a good school? Did everything wind up like you wanted it to? Im thinking about a career change and figured Id ask you. How long was the whole course? How much did it cost? Do you think my GI bill would cover it?
Thanks, Brad
Old 03-21-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brad,

I'm not Monty but I also graduated from the Diesel and Heavy Equipment program at OSU-Okmulgee (several years before Monty went there) . Monty probably can give you a different insite since he actually went to work in the industry whereas I ended up working for a computer software company but I was happy with what I got out of the program.

Things have changed a bit since I was there. Now you either study Cat or Komatsu or Ditchwitch or a specific brand as opposed to back in my day when I could study on-road or off-road. As I understand it, it's still a 6 trimester course (3 trimesters a year) and part of that is spent doing an internship so you end up getting your degree in about 24 months if you go straight thru. I think that it's probably still an AS degree program. I can't tell you anything about cost anymore except that I worked my way thru and there were a number of scholorships that I was able to apply for. I don't know about your GI bill but I'm sure that a call to admissions would answer that for you.

Here is their web site - http://www.osu-okmulgee.edu/academics/diesel_and_heavy/

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll tell you what I can. Good luck in your decision.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I PMed Monty yesterday and he answered some of my questions. Seems like a good deal. I'll probably look into it more here shortlly. Thanks again