Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mobile Command Breakroom 10/15-10/28

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I saw the surgeon on Wednesday. Final follow up. Green light. All feels well. Submitted my timeline of hassles and medical issues to the patient advocacy and now they review with physicians review board and then the legal part begins.

Stan, can you post pix or email please? I have a factory inverter, it only works with Key On. All my power outlets do the same and would like an outlet with power on full time. Can I run a 12 volt source off the inverter power wires?

thanks for the coffee

Hi BobbyDependable
Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
My computer is hung up on its 4th attempt to down load version 1709, so I’m doing this on the tiny screen today. Winter hit hard, good thing I got the studs on when I did. Freezing rain then snow made for a nasty commute Tuesday. 6 degrees now, won’t make it above 32 today. Putting the studs on the wife’s car today, then the 01 tomorrow before the next front moves in.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I saw the surgeon on Wednesday. Final follow up. Green light. All feels well. Submitted my timeline of hassles and medical issues to the patient advocacy and now they review with physicians review board and then the legal part begins.

Hi BobbyDependable
Morning Scott, great report. Been a long time getting to this point. Very happy for you. Daughter's husband's family is preparing to sue the hospital on the sloppy way they handle his problem and ultimate death. She is still too stressed to even think about it and I don't have the details and pictures they do. We will see. Anyhow, glad to hear you are doing good.

Just came in from yard - - been out since 6am. Nice a cool out this morning - - down to 66 - - great working. Sweat did not start until about 11 but not bad. Still working on the hurricane protection materials getting them unfastened and stowed back in garage. Man there are a bunch of bolts, wingnuts, panels, and support equipment to take it all down. And then haul them into garage - - they get heavy. Made good progress - - just now came in - - hungry - - 1pm. Man, that is hours. Me want ph00 and ph00d - - yeh. Hungers got me.

Cougar - - one time I am not jealous of you living in AK. Think I will stay here in Florida for the winter and sun and swim and fish and play golf and tennis and enjoy it......................................

Ph00d - - - here I come. .............
Old 10-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Switched my Wife’s tires/wheels over to the studs last night. Hard to believe winter is coming. Its been near 80 here the past few days but its coming.
it turns to high of 50 tomorrow and rain.
Have had snow on the ground here earlier than this before.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning.

What is all this talk about winter? I do not want to see another winter where it is necessary to bundle up before venturing outside to shovel that horrible white stuff. I enjoy spending about 363 days a year outside in shorts.

Scotty, good to hear that you are rapidly going back to normal. On second thoughts, is 'normal' a good thing for you?

Been working on an inverter installation in my truck and almost finished. Tried it and it will run a normal house fridge with no problems with the engine off, but no doubt could not do that too long without turning the engine on. Did discover that I need a larger fuse by the battery. The compressors came on while I was running the fridge and it blew the 80 amp ANL type fuse by the battery.

Scotty, will post pics when I am finished. Not sure just what you want to see. All I did was run a 1/0 cable from the battery to the inverter in the box at the back of the truck. I placed the remote switch for the inverter in the cab. Presently finishing up the mounting bracket for the switch and the duplex 115 volt plugs and USB that is going in the cab. That is a pain to do, but will be finished later today.

It's getting light outside, so time to go back to work.

C y'all l8tr
Old 10-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Fresh Coffee and Phoo for all of you

Hot Fried Apple Pies! get em while they are Hot!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Greetings
Not sure why the dragon is outside the building so I let her back in. She had a tattoo and some piercings and looks to be hungover so be quiet.

Plenty of Phoo and coffee set out.
The Dremel did a nice job taking the crust off the phoo pot.

the caterers are arriving shortly. 👍🏻
Old 10-22-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
SNOW! and still falling. 22° and it is snowing.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:13 PM

Coug - - - -thumbs up at snowing????........ ...........Oh yeh, I forgot. It is October - - wait until Feb or March - - then the story will change. ............

Hey Scotty - - it is not morning, but there sure is a bunch of food left - - no one around. What is happening? I am warming up some of the goodies and the ph00 and dive in for supper.

Just thought y'all might like to know - - with all the garbage going on down here with wife and broken leg, sis-in-law in nursing care with cancer, I did it to myself last night. Worked in yard most of day getting the rest of the hurricane panels down, carried to, and stowed in the garage, reset the stored things, and in the process knocked over a VERY heavy tall box onto my left foot. Took me 10 minutes to pull my face off the workbench it hurt so bad. Did not want to look at it. Finally got the guts to get the "tennis" (meaning not very strong) shoe off - - - wow, what I saw. And today, it looks horrible. I did limp on to church while pushing my wife along on a wheeled walker. Tonight my foot is swollen so far shoe will not go on, foot looks bad. Don't think anything is broken - - can't push or move anything to find out. Man, I really needed this with everything else happening. Dumb jerk. ...............

OK, food is good warmed up - - heading out of here and limping home. L8R
Old 10-22-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Stan,
A 3000 watt inverter needs 250 or more amps at full load. An 80 amp fuse will allow less than 1000 watts before blowing. 250 slow blow or 300 fast blow would be appropriate.

Been balmy here in MN way into the fall. Normally it's pretty frosty by now. Just got done picking apples today. Well actually there's still a bushel or so of small Haralsons that are high and need to be picked with a pole from a tall ladder. Might just let them fall naturally for deer food.

Yep, I'm a second stage vegetarian. Deer eat apples. I eat deer.

I'm fearing a bit what the weather will get like when the other shoe drops.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:20 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from ................. Paradise, where there is no yucky s--w or similar horrible stuff. The grass, weeds and flowers are growing well. The trees are all green and the birds are happy. The days are lovely, although the sun can burn if one is not careful. Not hot at all.

Fresh coffee and ph00 is made. The pots were full, so just threw out the old stuff. Some left over goodies are in the fridge. Mikey obviously was not around. You yung'uns will not understand that.

Did not finish the job that I was doing on the truck as I decided to do other work while I had the panel apart. Have had an intermittent and very annoying squeak near the glove box and think that I have finally tracked it down, but to fix it needed to remove the passenger airbag. Will have the bag reinstalled shortly after it gets light enough to work.

Bob, phew, will it never end for you? Are you getting paid back for something you did in a previous life?

John, thanks for the info re the fuses. Now need to track some of them down locally. If I can't find any locally, there is always Amazon or ebay.

Ciao.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

John, thanks for the info re the fuses. Now need to track some of them down locally. If I can't find any locally, there is always Amazon or ebay.

Ciao.
In a pinch you can parallel several fuses, like about 4 x 80. Just be sure the wiring to each fuse is equal gauge and length, and they are connected fan style, rather than a buss or rail. Any small difference will cause current to vary too much between fuses.

My Homeless Freight 1500 has about 8 30 amp internal fuses. It's mounted about 2' from the battery bank and cabled in. Wiring is in the open. A short or fire probably wouldn't spread.

Odds are good yours is internally fused as well. The supply fuse, then, just needs to protect the wire.1/0 is good for about 250 amps or so.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Out running errands and over to sis in law's house since 6am tending her car. Her brother came and got the car, so one more thing to not worry about. Grabbing a ph00 and try to get some more done around this place. ...................
Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 PM

Finished my inverter installation, so here are some photos that Scotty requested. The first photo shows the new sub panel with the combo duplex 120 volt plugs and USB plugs. Next to it is the remote switch the turns the inverter on and off. The middle photo is the external plug on the box in the box on the truck. There are also 3 plugs on the inverter itself, so lots of room to plug things in. The last photo shows the new inverter next to the dual compressors and control valves. Those valves control the front and back suspension airbags. Scotty, does this help you at all?

John, the inverter has it's own internal fuses, but I need to protect that monster wire running from the battery to the box at the back. I am having nightmares thinking about what could happen if that 1/0 cable shorted to the frame. Don't even want to think about what size of a hole it could burn in a second if there is no fuse. The fuse for that is about 8 inches from the battery, so should be safe.
That's a new one; a second stage vegetarian. Told my wife what you said and she had to think about it for a minute.
Attached Thumbnails Mobile Command Breakroom 10/15-10/28-20171023_125215.jpg   Mobile Command Breakroom 10/15-10/28-20171023_141256.jpg   Mobile Command Breakroom 10/15-10/28-20171023_141359.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Yes it does.
thanks Stanican

Quick Reply: Mobile Command Breakroom 10/15-10/28