Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Microwave suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microwave suggestions?

Okay - I'm going to have to give up the 'old Galanz. That's the brand-name of the "freebe" microwave I've used for quite some time. It's been acting up, and tonight I noticed the slotted sheet-metal cover over the fan area has sucked into the fan. (I think something just got too hot in operation.) It's been sounding terrible while in use, sometimes the sound changes in the middle of a cycle too. Plus when it turns on, it's got a bad case of amperage-draw, and this is a small unit. No reason to take chances, safety-wise.

I'm thinking Panasonic units are a good choice, overall. It's not going to be anything fancy, just a good solid unit that could actually last 5+ years. I've also heard a few good comments about Sharp & GE models. I would like to stay under 90 - 100 dollars, if practical. What do you guys think....any one's to stay away from...?

Here's one reccommending keeping away from units named "Galanz"...?