Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mexstan and all members, must read!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mexstan and all members, must read!!!!!!!!!

Well as many as you know my wife and I have hit a hard road in life. It started a year ago with the words she said, I want a divorce. For the last 8 months it has been hell! It was a done deal sealed and delivered until I talked to one of our members here, you all now him as Mexstan. I confided in a person I have never met, I told him EVERYTHING! Right from the start up until present. This man that I only now by typing keys on ths computor gave me something. He gave me the power to believe, the power to try, and yes, the power to succeed! I have learned a great deal from this man and have grown up greatly. I have allways believed in the all mighty above but don't go to church, ( I fish and hunt to much on the weekends, but the lord knows I am with him). I am proud to say that today at work my wife called me on the cell phone and said, "do you have a minute?" I said yes, what's up? She said "come out to the parking lot", I will be right there. As I step out of the shop ther she is with her hands behind her back, I walk up and say hello and she pulls out a YELLOW ROSE and say's " Curt I love you and thank you for showing me the man that I married!" My heart just sunk!!!! ... We hungged and exchanged I love you's. She said I will see you at home o.k.? I said HELL YEAH! ..... You have to understand that I have not heard the words " I LOVE YOU" in about 7-8 months! And she had her wedding rings on, mind you they have not been worn in about the same amount of time. I came home to a very big and brave suprize. I told her thank you very much for the rose and card, "it ment alot to me". She gave me a hug and said "NO GO ON THE DIVORCEO!" I said what?????? She looked at me, (with that look) and said " NO DIVORCE".... My heart just sunk! :'(... YES I am not ashamed to say it, I cried my eyes out! :'(.... We are on the road to repairing our marriage as we speak! To all that have listened and to all that have lent your support, I thank you greatly, this is a great place to be and a great family! Sorry if some of you don't understand this messagebut those of you that do, you know what I am talking about!

Special thanks to MEXSTAN, I thank you my friend, you have shown me the way in life and have brought back to me what matters most in life, "MY WIFE!" Thank you!
Your friend for life, Curt. 8)
Old 10-15-2003, 05:37 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Mexstan and all members, must read!!!!!!!!!

Great news Curt , thanks for sharing that.

Stan,.....two thumbs up! ;D

Suggestion for a new advice forum,.........Dear Stan. 8)
Old 10-15-2003, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Curt!!!!!!!!!

Now after this Mex is gonna have alot of people looking for him for a good talk. Keep it up Mex
Old 10-15-2003, 07:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

Curt, I'm embarrassed but real pleased to hear the news. See, I told yuh. Prayer works!!!! But don't stop yet. You both have work to do as I told you in my last emails. Remember, the family that prays together, stays together.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:39 AM

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=10;threadid=20999;start=0#msg197024 date=1066220052]
Remember, the family that prays together, stays together.
[/quote]

Amen that. Curt, that's great news. I'm happy for you.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:01 AM

Curt,

I'm sure Stan already told you:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". (Proverbs 3:5 & 6)

I try to, everyday, and it makes a complete difference in my life. Hang in there, pray together every day, and through God's wonderful graces you'll both rebuild your marriage and it will be better than it ever was before.

My wife and I will be praying for you two, too.

DW
Old 10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great news.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:19 AM

O heck guys I'm even gettin a lil wet around the eyes over this one :-[ best thing I have heard all year
DM01
Old 10-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Banned

Location: Newman Lake, WA (But my home is deep in the heart of Texas!)

Curt, this is great news! Congradulations!

I went through a deeevorce last year.....it was the hardest thing that I have ever done......giving up the "life" I knew. We sold our home, our land, I had to give my dog away and move 2000 miles from Texas for a new life. For a while it was really tough, especially after being married for 7 years. I look back now at what I thought was so bad, all the frustrations, all the "small stuff". I tell you man, you don't know what youv'e got till it's gone. Even though I know now in my heart that it may not have worked out, I wish I would have tried harder. Never give up, it sounds like she really loves you.....something money cannot buy.....true happiness. It's all that matters bro.

Lastly, ALWAYS carry Jesus in your heart. I have been through more in my 34 years than most people go though in a lifetime......even faced death a time or two.......He was always there......even when I was out fishin' and drinkin' or whatever.........He was always there......always will be. Don't get me wrong, since I have been single I have lived in a life of sin, the girls, the beer, the clubs......It seems I have had some catching up to do.....but, nothing compares to that idea of family and home I once had......don't let it go a always remember, when all else and I mean EVERYTHING else fails.........He is always there.

AMEN!

Old 10-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Banned

Very glad it worked out for you. Hope all is well in the future.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:52 AM

02dsldog;
I know we don't know each other but I that's fantastic news and I hope things work out, marriage is tough sometimes but if the two of you are in sync. it sure can be special.
I think that Mextan is evidently a heck of a good guy. ;D
It's good to know we have members like him here "THIS IS GREAT GROUP TO BE APART OF ;D.

ramguy
Old 10-15-2003, 10:13 AM

I don't post much but I read this forum everyday. I cant believe we have a guy in Alaska and a guy in Mexico that have never met but 1 has saved the others marriage. I think that is just TERRIFIC. Really goes to show the power of friendship. I am honored to be a (new) member of this forum.

Hope all works out for you and your wife 02dsldog, wish you the best and will keep you in our prayers.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:58 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geeesh...you guys are all talking about trying to get back together and I have tried for 12 years to get rid of mine

She just keeps coming back, dern it.

In all honesty...she and I are good together. Of course we have our rough times, but the 4 kiddos she gave me and the rest of the perks make married life well worth it.

Don~

Old 10-15-2003, 11:05 AM

AWESOME .... The big guy uses us all to his own purpose, glad that his purpose is hand in hand with your happiness! God Bless.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Right on Curt!

Dont give up the faith!
Fixing a problem is often more difficult than creating the problem.

Im glad to hear things are getting better for you. Keep your faith lit for the road ahead!
Rich

Quick Reply: Mexstan and all members, must read!!!!!!!!!