Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Men Rules / Super Boy's Soap Opera Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Men Rules / Super Boy's Soap Opera Story

Maybe this has been posted before, but...

Men's Rules

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put
it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what ! you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Men Rules

it's really scarry just how alike we all are...isn't it!
Old 09-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Not as funny but good rules to follow to get along with your spouse.
credit to Dear Abby's column:

1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once every day say a kind or complimentary work to your life partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.

Someone else said the difference between a successful marriage and an unsuccessful one is leaving just a few things unsaid each day. So we close this Marriage Builder with the sage advice from Odgen Nash:

"To keep love brimming in the loving cup, When you're wrong admit it and when you're right shut up!" ;D

Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 PM

You can tell Hoss learned to count at Texas A&M, a whole list of items and they are all numbered 1. :P
Old 09-12-2003, 01:29 PM

That was supposed to be part of the joke... :
Old 09-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Banned

guys since we are on the topic of mates what should i do...

ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 8 months. everything is great we both love each other very much and want to get married in a couple years. there is one thing that gets me really mad tho......last summer she had this guy as a boyfriend who was a big Jerk who basically screwed her over and hurt her alot...well she didnt talk to him for like 3 months but then she started talking to him and told her how much he hurt her blah blah....well they were friends before last summer but tryed it out and he hurt her lke i said...then in november my girlfriend for some reason went and messed around with him cuz she thought it could maybe work out... >.....(THIS WAS BEFORE ME) but then she decided it was a big mistake...well in december she knew i liked her alot and wanted to be with her..we were really close friends i wanted it to be a couple notches up (girlfriend) well i went to mexico for winter break and when i was gone she realized how much she missed me and wanted to be my girlfriend so when i got back it took her like a week to tell me....january 9th we started going out..... ever since then we get into a fight about this scumbag kid who hurt her because he hangs out with her group of friends and i dont want her hanging out with him PERIOD....whenever he is going to be a place she is i get ******. and we fight. this happens at least once a month......she promised me shed never be with him alone, or even with 3 people or less with her...tell me am i wrong for being controlling in this sense or do i have the right to be like this....i get so mad when he calls or anything MAN I HATE THIS KID... > > > > > > > >

sorry to bring you all into this but you guys are my cummins diesel brothers :P i need you opinions.. :'(.

Edited yet again by Moderator
Old 09-12-2003, 01:45 PM

Talk to Big Blue. He's into soap opera stories too...

Seriously though....even though this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread....if you trust her, blow it off and don't worry about it. If you don't trust her, quit dating her. Simple enough.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 PM
JKE

You will get no real advice...the reason is advice on this subject falls on deaf ears. You must live and learn. Anyone on here can tell you whatever and you would not listen and do things your way. Not because it is you, but because that's life.

The oldtimers know this...you are on your own.

Be gentle to this kid boys...........
Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 PM

Seriously though....even though this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread....if you trust her, blow it off and don't worry about it. If you don't trust her, quit dating her. Simple enough.
Hey, that's what I was going to say!
But if this other guy hurt her so bad, It's kinda weird that she'd still want to hang around him. It's hard to give an answer on something like this because you need to see how they act around eachother. Do what you think is right, and if it's wrong, mark it down as learning the hard way. Seems like all the learning I do is the hard way
Old 09-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

..if you trust her, blow it off and don't worry about it. If you don't trust her, quit dating her. Simple enough.

Dang Hoss,
I ain't sayin' it again.

Quote from: Shovelhead
Hoss is right.

That's twice in one year,.....a new record. :

Old 09-12-2003, 03:32 PM

[quote author=JKE link=board=10;threadid=19600;start=0#msg184001 date=1063392547]Be gentle to this kid boys...........
[/quote]

But gentle is SO boring!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 03:43 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=19600;start=0#msg183995 date=1063392305]
Talk to Big Blue. He's into soap opera stories too...
[/quote]

Old 09-12-2003, 03:49 PM
JKE

TRUST!

difficult thing to do if he does not already...and he won't if that stuff continues. It will progressively get worse.

erics76 - got that right. must study why she still hangs around if he is really that bad...and did you say he calls!!!!

Red Flag my brother...

John
Old 09-12-2003, 03:55 PM

I still stand by my statment....if he trusts her then don't worry about it. If he doesn't, which it doesn't sound like he does, then he shouldn't be dating her anyway.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:57 PM
JKE

amen

Quick Reply: Men Rules / Super Boy's Soap Opera Story