Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mazda CX7

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Mazda CX7

Well...we got one. It's got the 4 cyl. turbo. I haven't seen the turbo yet but it's quite peppy. I can't imagine it being any bigger then a hair dryer. I don't know if this was good for us or not. The wife has been wanting one real bad. A new one was just way too much. She's looked and looked at them. We almost got one a year ago and it was just a bit out of our budget. This one is nice. An 08. I would have liked to have researched them more but I didn't. I'm kinda afraid to look.. It's got some warranty left on it so maybe we'll be ok. Her Hyundia was well used and was showing signs of it's getting time to go. I knew she wanted it so I said OK if it had some warranty left, fit our budget and she was happy.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh, it does have all the receipts of every maintenance of the previous owner with it, including oil changes, so that does say that the first owner cared about it. The dealer said they originally sold it and took it back as a trade. it had the paperwork with it to back that up so they seemed confident and were very up front with everything. I guess that's easy when an owner leaves the complete records behind. it has a cool switchblade key fob. It looks pricey so since they couldn't find the second key at the time, I had them write down that they would find it or provide another.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My son was looking at an 08 Mazda 3 Speed addition which had the 2.5L turbo in it. It was a missile but it was beat by the previous owner so for once in his life he listened to his old man and passed on it. I took him to a Mazda dealer I had been dealing with for years and cosigned a note so he could get into a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5l non turbo for less money than the hammered one he looked at. I think Mazda has a quality product, just remember the gasser turbo stuill needs to be cooled (idled down) just like the diesels. Same principals apply.

Good luck with it!