Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Marine Corps DTR breakroom 080113-080119

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Marine Corps DTR breakroom 080113-080119

Sailors allowed, janitors only if they are cleaning. The smell of Diesel fuel on your person is a must, either fresh or burnt...

Wow, 0730, and I'm starting the thread... it was a slow week last week, hope it ain't like that this week. Lets go for a 10 pager!

Anyhow... First pot of the week's on. Foo, tea, and energy rings, too.

mad
Old 01-13-2008, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks quite desolate in here. Burned my tongue on the coffee this morning trying to take a pill. That was stupid. No Mark you don't have to remind me I already admited to it.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 AM

Tboe .... as long as it was coffee you're ok. Now if it was a double mochachino, heavy on the froth, light on the cream, two sugars with a cinnamon sprinkle, deep-fried lattee ..... then we would be ALL OVER YOU BY NOW !!!

Headed to the the airport in a little while to fly south. Should be an interesting trip .... the boss couldn't tell me exactly what I was supposed to be doing and the guy that I am finishing up for gave me a lousy turnover .... so I guess we'll make it up as we go . At least the secretary got me hooked up with a nice room .... bi-level suite !! Should be fun sliding down the spiral staircase .

Shortround .... you gonna be anywhere near Ft Hood ??? I believe I still owe you a couple beers ...

Have a good un.
PISTOL
Old 01-13-2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Tboe .... as long as it was coffee you're ok. Now if it was a double mochachino, heavy on the froth, light on the cream, two sugars with a cinnamon sprinkle, deep-fried lattee ..... then we would be ALL OVER YOU BY NOW !!!

Headed to the the airport in a little while to fly south. Should be an interesting trip .... the boss couldn't tell me exactly what I was supposed to be doing and the guy that I am finishing up for gave me a lousy turnover .... so I guess we'll make it up as we go . At least the secretary got me hooked up with a nice room .... bi-level suite !! Should be fun sliding down the spiral staircase .

Shortround .... you gonna be anywhere near Ft Hood ??? I believe I still owe you a couple beers ...

Have a good un.
PISTOL

I don't like drinking any of that weird stuff. Good 'ole plain coffee for me. A bi-level suite? LUCKY! Just be careful of the banister at the end of the staircase.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Good Sunday Morning!!!!

The Launcher was down for a couple of days.Got it fixed now.
Instant breakfast is ready to fly Heidi.All the landing zones better be ready,breakast is now flying once again.You all will have breakfast in one baggie and snacks in the other.Enjoy.
Old Dogs sac-o-seeds are about to give him one heck of a wake up call.Cin's already on a roll this drizzly morning.

Hat, thanks for the energy rings,I needed that.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Central Arkansas checking in. Got the crud, back's acting up. Large nips of crown don't help. Just suck it up and drive on.
PW, don't get around Hood much anymore. May have to go down to Camp Shelby, Misserysippi, but that ain't anywhere close. You could have gotten a rental car and gotten to Hood faster. I may be hooking it to McKinney next week tho. I'll keep you and the North Dallas gang posted.
Got a couple four stripers po'ed at me. I did a full blown lock out/tag out of the Bat Cave. OSHA and Army regs require a modified version of the two man rule when working with voltages greater than 30. Tomorrow will be interesting when the report get's on the two stars desk. What can they do, retire me and bring me back as a contractor? 360 days to MRD.
Getting a bit done around the 40. Plenty of projects, not enough time or bodies. I HAVE to fire the grist mill up today and get a couple of orders of corn meal ready. 50-60 lbs won't be too bad. Slowly getting the syrup house and milling shed lined out. Beginning to get data sheets in on some of the new mills. Anyone got kinfolk in Brazil or Colombia that might be able to do some checking for me? My Portugese and Spanish leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm wasting daylight, gotta git.

wearingabibtocatchthedrippingsShortround out
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
DTR question asker

Morning all... this is getting up early for me. Turned 18 today and dad wanted to take me out for breakfast... still not here yet so looks like I'll stop by and grab some coffee and donuts here .

Have a good one!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM

PW, just noticed in last weeks cooler that you are going to El Paso. How long are you going to be there? Might have to work out a trip to Las Cruces.
Let me know.

Shortround out
Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

MORNING YE-ALL -MORE LIGHT SNOW -FOR THE NEXT 2 OR 3 DAYS
MOTHER NATURES WAY OF TRYING TO REPLENISH WHAT NESTLE (ICE MOUNTAIN) PUMPS OUT AND BOTTLES
HAT GOOD LUCK ON THE SURGERY.
SHORTROUND WHAT PART OF YOUR BACK IS BAD ? MINE IS LOWER
IT CAN REALLY MESS WITH YOU !
40-50 LBS OF GROUND CORN -IS SOME ONE MAKING BURBON ?
CIN PACKAGE ARRIVED IN LANDING ZONE -THANKS -SHH! DONT TELL
CLAUDE-SITTING HERE ON THIS SAC-O-SEEDS
COFFEE-FOO-FOO-TEA-ALL REPLINISHED AND HOT- BAKED GOODS ON COUNTER( NEW DUMPSTER PRODUCING NICELY)
Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Morning Dog (and the rest of the gang).
T10, L1, L3,4,5. Compression fractures in '70 due to close proximity to a 57mm round performing a rapid catastropic disassembly. Weather changes and doing too much without help causes it to act up.
Just doing corn meal. Got a couple orders in last week. Got an elderly woman near by that's gluten(?) intolerant so she eats lots of corn based breads. The others are some yankees I got hooked on the good stuff. 40-50 lbs ain't much. Depending on how fine I grind it, about an hour start to finish. I've run over 1500 lbs thru in an hour when I was doing some scratch grain for a neighbors chickens. THAT will wear you out quick.
Work crew on the ground and ready.
Later.

beingthestrawbosstodayShortround out
Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 AM

Mornin' all,

NW Houston, sunny, 47*F converts to ((47+40)x5/9)-40=8.3*C with a light breeze. Nice weather here.
HAT nice job getting the breakroom open. Now where is that janitor?
When you gonna be cuttin on you?
SR take care of yourself CYA on the report. If they retire you and bring you back as a contractor I think that would be a good thing. Bad backs no fun. Lotta pain. Been there. It your milling a hobby or a side line biz?

Happy Birthday Dieselfuelonly, have a good one and many more.

PW our army son is in ElPaso, FT Bliss. Be going to FT Hood in Feb. This sounds like an expense paid vacation, bi level suite. That you discribe for TBoe is 5erBobs Bob will be out looking for it.
CIN thanks for the goodies, right in the landing zone, and beat the doggie to them

Got the kiddletts MP3 players loaded, the sound quality with those little units is impressive.
Got a late Christmas gift. A small propane BBQ grill, just for doing a quick ratburger or clucker. The smoker/grill takes a lot of time and charcoal.

ChrisR must be sleeping in. Or bonding with the kitty.

Wannabe, when you going to invade 5erBob?

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 AM

Grabbed a cup an heading for church.. then delivering care package to son. Weighs about 20 lbs all food. Wife thinks he's starving. Later
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

SHOURT ROUND - CLOSE PROXIMITY TO WHERE I AM MISSING DISKS AND HAVE BONY JOINT DAMAGE (L4-L5-S1-S2)- FUNNY SOME TIMES IT ISN'T TWO BAD AND CAN GET A LOT ACCOMPLISHED - OTHER TIMES DON`T BEND TO WASH YOUR HANDS IN THE SINK BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GO DOWN!
WENT TO ONE OF THE TOP VETERINARIANS IN US ONCE WANTED TO OPERATE GAVE ME A 80%CHANCE OF COMING OUT IN WHEEL CHAIR- TOLD HIM NO THANKS- GOT ANGRY THOUGHT I SHOUG GO FOR THE 20% CHANCE IT WOULD WORK
MY SON (17YRS OLD) HAS BEEN WORKING FOR THREE YRS AT THE GRIST MILL HERE- HE MAKES COW-HORSE -PIG -CHICKEN -FEED THEY HAVE ENOUGH CONDENSE IN HIM THAT HE RUNS THE MILL EARLY IN THE MORNING (BEFORE SCHOOL) AND LATE AT NIGHT GETTING ORDERS READY ALL ALONE. KIND OF PROUD OF HIM TO HAVE GOOD ENOUGH WORK ETHIC TO GAIN THAT KIND OF TRUST!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly
Turned 18 today...
Live it up. It only happens once, enjoy your youth. I'm only 26 and I'm saying that... Happy B-day! Ya know, T-rad had a b-day a few days ago, but he's a little older than 18...
Originally Posted by old dog
HAT GOOD LUCK ON THE SURGERY.
Thanks, buddy. Never been put under before. Hope they don't screw it up and kill me...
Originally Posted by shortround
...due to close proximity to a 57mm round performing a rapid catastropic disassembly.
Sucks to be you, I feel for ya. At least it was not an 81mm...

Originally Posted by dssimecek
HAT nice job getting the breakroom open. Now where is that janitor?
When you gonna be cuttin on you?
Wadn't that hard... so easy, even a Marine could do it... Janitor is UA!!! I'll find him if I need him.
I leave Monday to go to Va, appt Tuesday for the pre op, and surgery Wednesday. They said I can't eat from midnight on, and the surgery ain't till 1300! I don't know if I can make it!

Gonna be in a cast for a while, hope I can still do the DTR...

I just figured out how to use limewire to download music... I'm a little behind the learning curve of technology.

Bout to go change the wife's oil and clean out her truck. See ya'll in a bit.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning all (yes, 5 minutes till noon is stil morning)

shortround, dont be nipping the crown and driving. of course it might improve the driving of most arkansans...

I guess we will find out tomorrow when Im leaving....

Quick Reply: Marine Corps DTR breakroom 080113-080119