Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

At the mall

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the mall

I had to go and do a last min. thing last night. I was looking for a parking spot and noticed a lady backing out.. Hold it it looked like the little truck parked oppisite her was pushing her out. It got a few peoples attention, everone wanted the (2) parking spots. Evedently (I know wades spelling is real bad today) the guy in the little truck had left his truck in neutral and went in the mall. As she backed out the truck followed. His wheels were cocked and she left his truck wedged against the Chevy silverado next to her, and taking up two parking spots. Everyone that noticed what was happening...well the the expressions wer priceless.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:At the mall

That must have been a hoot! you can see almost anything this time of year
Old 12-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say it the way I want too on here so I'll say it this way. <br><br>Some very nice kind thoughtful considerate and loving person drug a key or something down my drivers door while I was on night shift. Thank you very much for adding that loving personal touch of art work to my truck whomever you are.<br><br>(I realize that no one here did it and the one that did will never see it on here but you get the idea)<br><br>Now, if you really want to know what I meant by this (those kind words above), send me an e-mail and I will explain it to you in detail. Just don't turn the computer on while the kids are around and don't turn on the bleeper.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to the mall lastnight also, parked way out at the end of the lot so that I would not come outside and see a minivan about 1/2 inch from my truck. Finished shopping, went to my truck and low and behold, Five Dodge Rams all in a row, plenty of space between all, and four of them were CTD'S !!!! ;D ;D
Old 12-20-2002, 04:48 PM
DPG

DD4x4: I can emphathize with you. About a month ago, some dummy passed me going the opposite direction, and a piece of durrock flew out of his bed and smashed against the front of my CTD. It's currently in the body shop.<br><br>DeWain
Old 12-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

That sux DD, &gt; :'(
since you work at such a secure facility......is there possibly a security camera watching the parking area that might have captured the moron? :
Old 12-20-2002, 05:55 PM
Administrator

If anyone gets bored this holiday season.<br><br>Here's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.<br><br><br>Grab a couple of shopping bags.<br>(fill with paper, light but looks full)<br>Go to the mall, park way out in the back.<br>(only spot available for trucks as big as ours anyway).<br>Grab your shopping bags and head for the entrance.<br><br>Now comes the fun part. <br><br>Walk up and down the parking aisles, pretending to look for your car,<br>and see how many cars you can get to follow you.<br>Once you have a nice line of them after you, head back for the entrance. ;D<br><br>Points awarded for quantity of vehicles, and general demeanor of the ones that follow you the longest.<br> <br><br>Enjoy this bit of Christmas Cheer.<br><br>phox
Old 12-20-2002, 06:40 PM

My wife has a muscle disorder and is disabled.<br>For that reason I have a handicapped parking sticker in my truck ( I don't use it if she is not with me.)<br>The only good thing about that sticker is the handicapped spots are about half again as wide as the regular spots , and this and the running boards keep all the doors from banging up the side of mine.<br>When she's not with me I to park at the far end of the lot.<br>It's a shame that you can buy a $40,000 truck but can't keep some fool from tearing it up in parking lots.<br><br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 12-21-2002, 07:25 AM

[quote author=bulthisl link=board=10;threadid=8574;start=0#83009 date=1040431214]<br>My wife has a muscle disorder and is disabled.<br>For that reason I have a handicapped parking sticker in my truck ( I don't use it if she is not with me.)<br>The only good thing about that sticker is the handicapped spots are about half again as wide as the regular spots , and this and the running boards keep all the doors from banging up the side of mine.<br>When she's not with me I to park at the far end of the lot.<br>It's a shame that you can buy a $40,000 truck but can't keep some fool from tearing it up in parking lots.<br><br><br> : Eddie : 8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>I've always wondered why they don't do that more often around this area--many of the handicapped spots are no wider than normal, just closer to the door. Remembering from when my grandpa had a stroke and was in a wheelchair, that extra space to open the door completely is absolutely necessary when you're doing a transfer like that.