Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Make your own coffee break room

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 2,421 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Make your own coffee break room

Last week was almost a complete wash here at the break room.

I let the dragon out.

I left coffee single cup "tea bags" and actual tea bags on the counter so you can make your own fresh cup at anytime of day should someone actually swing in.
There is flavored Coffee Mate for Bob to whip up a make shift PH00.

I brought in a few apple fritters as they keep pretty well for the day.

I am off to spend a little time this morning getting my 12V Ramcharger ready for the big car show in Carlisle next month.

Enjoy the week DTR'ers
Old 06-24-2018, 10:28 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
G'day all. Think that last week was the worst ever in the breakroom for attendance and participation. Shame.

Thanks Oliver for starting the breakroom this week. Let's hope that this week is a vast improvement over last week. You just HAD to leave some apple fritters, didn't you!!!!!!!!! Quit tempting us! It's hard enough to lose weight with folks like you "helping" us.

The last couple of weeks we have had some rain almost every afternoon and evening. Typical for the rainy season. All the brown vegetation has vanished and there is green everywhere. Had a bit of rain around 03:00 this morning, but the day dawned bright and clear. It is a fantabulous day out there, wonderful temps and everything in full color. Brilliant blue sky, many shades of green and much more.

Almost time for church. Ciao
Old 06-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow Oliver - - - whipped up that ph00 and it smells wonderful. ………………...…………...OK, tastes great too. Thanks.

Just pulled in from our trip about 3 hours ago and unpacked, so thought I would come and see what happened last week. Well, still looking and still don't know - -other than everyone else decided to take a vacation also. We had clear skies for about the first 3 hours, then suddenly traffic was all blocked up, then move a bit, then started to thin a bit as people turned off coming out of Atlanta - - THEN the skies unloaded and we found out why traffic was not moving. Wow it rained. It was in pockets. About 10 miles of rain, then clear again and speed picked back UP - - way UP - - like lets make up for the rain UP. People were coming by me like I forgot to start my engine and I was running around 72ish.

OK, tired and heading to bed - - and finish this good ph00. See ya morry hopefully.

WanderingBob
Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks Ollie.

Fritter tasted a bit stale, but after 5 beers, who cares?

Spent the day on ladders, continuing my siding restoration/ replace/ mess of things..

Feet hurt... Until beer # 5. Now just bloated and a bit farty, but the wife will have to get over it..

Old dog still alive. Feeling more beagle-ly every day . Glad to have her around for a bit longer. Peeing while she sleeps, will end soon...God I hope, but otherwise, I still have to go out and pick up a eye patch for the newest pirate in the neighborhood.

God, my freaking feet hurt from being on ladders.

Attached Thumbnails Make your own coffee break room-0624182149-1.jpg  
Old 06-25-2018, 07:21 AM

Spectacular day today !

Woke up..... there's a good start, all by itself

Turned the A/C off, and opened up all the windows. In the 60's F. and low humidity. Complete opposite to yesterday. No sunburn and sweat...yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer, here from what I'm reading.

Yippe ! Great to be alive ! Woo Hoo ! I love nice weather days.

Makes me feel all tingly inside.... Feel like a kid again, and schools out for the day.

Made myself some Tea (thanks Ollie), and dropped off a box of Dunkin Donuts, super fatty and artery plugging kind(s). Chocolate creme is in the back row of the box, and the box got toppled over, but didn't open up (thank god for clear tape they put on there), so you'll have to scrape that chocolate off with your tongue...

Still working on the house. Slow, and steady, Cecil Turtle style.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:33 AM

Received 2,421 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Wow hopping place around here...sorry for the bad rabbit joke.

Glad to see some life around here.
Grabbing a hot black tea with a shot of VT maple syrup and goat milk from the neighbors goats.
My daughter is off of school and hanging with dad for a few days. We have a packed day planned.
Partially sunny and a high of 60*F here, great weather for working outside.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM

Wow - - - a little frivolity to get our day started. Mixed up another ph00 - - pretty good. And those nasty pastries - - horrible - - for my LDL, but great for my taste. Stay behind me with the zappers perchance I decide to flat line - - I am good at it.

Day off and running on errands, picking up mail, do some work at wife's sister's house - - we have a contract it, so have to make them happy. Nice people.

OK - - gone.

……………...……………………………..
Old 06-25-2018, 11:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Hey, what happened? There is activity in the breakroom! Good stuff.

Going to avoid the goodies and give my share to the dragon. If it gets fat, we know who to blame and it ain't gonna be me.

Another gorgeous day down here in Paradise. It rained a bit again last night and today there is a mix of sun and clouds. Very nice. No A/C in my house as it is not needed except for maybe 4 or 5 days a year.

Sold my rental house last week and expect to sign the contact tomorrow and receive the payment. Been fighting a mysterious wet wall in that place and a few days ago decided to remove all the wet and loose plaster to see why it is wet. This is a typical brick and concrete wall. Discovered that the previous tenants had drilled a hole to hang a picture and that darn Murphy guy had to interfere again. They drilled a 1/4" hole almost dead center into a 4" drain pipe! Every time it rained, the water from the roof ran down this pipe that nobody suspected was embedded in the wall. Talked to the designer/builder and even he forgot about it being there. Easy to fix, but now waiting for the plaster guys to come and do their thing. Need to tell the new owners not to drill in that area.

See yuh.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:36 PM

Bad rabbit joke? How about bad Ceicle Turtle joke. That's more accurate, my friend
Cant stand it when people drill holes in drain pipes to hang picture. What's wrong with just duct tape? So what if it leaves glue residue after a year. Better than water in your wall, eh?

Grabbed a black tea, and getting my turtle assume back up on the ladders...

Later gator.
Attached Thumbnails Make your own coffee break room-0625181712_hdr-1024x576-1.jpg  
Old 06-26-2018, 05:13 AM

Didn't feel like making my own this am, so, I stopped at,the diner and grabbed a big, greasy, yummy diner breakfast. .

Yum.....

Arteries,hardening as I type....
Attached Thumbnails Make your own coffee break room-0626180608-1024x576.jpg  
Old 06-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey! next time bring enough for everybody!!!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hey! next time bring enough for everybody!!!

Lary, that is just not right! Waddya trying to do, kill of some of the DTR membership with clogged arteries etc?
Old 06-26-2018, 09:00 PM

Hey Stan - - - don't sweat it, big guy. Who cares if you have a blocked artery/ Just slice it open with a knife, clean it out and duct tape it. YEH - - easy...…………….

Just walked in the house - - - been going all day long - - finally getting a minute to catch up on emails and the day's activities and mail. Oh mercy, time also to hit the sack. Oh well, got lots done.

No ph00 - - t00 late.

See ya morry - - it I can - - scheduled real tight for the day. We will see.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:33 AM

Another fine day in Mr. Robinson's neighborhood.

Weather here, spectacular, till the end of the week, then comes the summer heat, which I believe should be left in Florida.

Truck barely fit in this dudes driveway yesterday. Scratched my chrome hubcap on the front, but at least I didn't rip their gutter off, as it was about an inch from the side

No Big deal, as it was Paul Stanley, from KISS, and he could easily pay to repair the gutter if I tore it off.

Off to grab some Tea, Honey and fresh Ginger.

Honey and Fresh Ginger are a couple of ladies I met the other day...

Yeah.... I wish.
Attached Thumbnails Make your own coffee break room-0626180723-1-1024x860.jpg  
Old 06-27-2018, 06:39 AM

Good morning from a soggy Paradise. Had a nice noisy and occasionally very bright storm last night. It's still raining a bit, but tapering off.

Talking of storms, this morning was reading a very interesting aviation related article on lightening and in the article it mentioned something about FiverBob's area. He has often spoken about the lightening in his area. Here are a couple of extracts;

Martin described lightning as being like some teenagers. “It is fairly lazy and it wants to take the path of least resistance. And it gets angry when it can’t go where it wants to go when it wants to go.”

There are certain areas that have higher than average lightning strikes, one being “Lightning Alley” in Florida. The Alley runs along Interstate 4 from Orlando to St. Petersburg and is the site of more lightning strikes per year than any other location in the United States.

Took a chance and make fresh coffee and ph00. No artery clogging garbage, but lots of fresh cut up fruit and freshly made smoothies. Go ahead and pig out. It's custard apple season again, so lots of that in the mixture too. Yummy and ultra healthy. OK, OK, I know that some of you are allergic to good, healthy food, but try this mixture for a change. Warning; it's addictive, like 100% drug free, good health

Have not washed my poor truck for weeks. No sense with all this rain as it would be dirty again half a mile down the road.

Off to do .............. something.

Ciao

Quick Reply: Make your own coffee break room