Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Madhat's Marine Corps DTR Breakroom...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
'scuse me????????????????U tsa sami mahbeen taibo....
THATS the original accent of this country......
You are absolutely correct. Sorry 'bout that. I should have said, "The original ENGLISH accent..."

Well Pistol, it kinda figgers that you'd be workin' on a poop pump while in Ipswich! Interestin' though. I wouldn't mind that kinda work in the least. I like usin' what little of my brain that actually works!

Hat, what'd you put in the coffee this AM? It's particularly tasty this AM~!

chaikwa.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Claude, we gonna have trackin snow for the opener? Couple inches over here on the hill this morning. Blizzard just about all the way to Big Rapids.

Coffee's on, got the fire goin.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 AM
DTR Mom

You Fellas are just TOO funny......

or in Chaikwa's case, just funny looking (and sounding but ya'll already knew that)
WELCOME T Berry (like the character on Police academy?) that was based on real life- ask REDLEG the putrid political postman....LOL

42 p'd off people who did not like someone messing with their mailboxes; I had to laugh at this 'negative advertising' posted in the local shopper..

WEST SPARTA voters! Heidi K**** is a loose gun and cow girl. Hank Weber

since he had to post his name (rules ya know) this was the tough critique?
these folks born and raised here descended from Ipswitch, Mass. (residents are call Dipswitches) man, I am venomous today...outta go to the polls and
cheer a few folks....

errands are "This is the house that Jack built'... go here to get that to give to so and so....sheesh. all nice folks at the end of the line though- still a work ethic out there, nice to see!

Bruce, we are all coming down to watch sorghum being pressed....
04, I can do 85 sit ups in a minute but most of that is reverberation....(belly bounce force backwards, bounce up again and so on)
Glad to hear you love your job Madhatter, don't let Chaikwa get to ya...

alright fellers, this Annie Oakley is travelling.....!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Howdy all.

Windy and rain this fine November AM.

Coffee is muchly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
'scuse me????????????????U tsa sami mahbeen taibo....
THATS the original accent of this country......
Attached Thumbnails Madhat's Marine Corps DTR Breakroom...-plymouth-rock.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

WHOO-WA!
MORNING-YE-ALL
WELL DON I`LL WORRY ABOUT HUNTING IN A WEEK, RIGHT NOW I NEED TO DEAL WITH IMADIATE PROBLEMS, RIGHT REAR DRAGGING STICK ON DOG SLED HAS TO HAVE WHEEL CYLINDER REPLACED,-ALREADY HAVE PART JUST HAVE TO LAY DOWN CARDBOARD ON WHITE STUFF AND CHANGE IT !
HAVE TO GET SNOW-SHOES ON GT -(YOHAKAMAS) THEIR IN BASEMENT,
NOTE(THIS IS WHAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING WHEN I WAS REBULDING FRONT END UNDER SON`S CAR YESTERDAY)

? WONDERING WHAT LICENSE FEE IS FOR MUTANT DEER,(ANGUS OR HERFORD)
GOT TO GET THOSE DRIVESHAFTS BEFORE SNOW COVERS THEM ,
HOW IS NEW SLED GOING ?
JANITOR HOW MUCH WHITE STUFF ARE YOU GETTING ?
BOB , LOOKING AT THIS WHITE STUFF AND MY 5-ER THINKING (WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING HERE ?)
CATCH YE ALL A LITTLE LATER, HAVE A -GOOD-ONE
CLAUDE STILL SITTING ON MY SACK OF SEEDS DRINKINGHOT TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR,AHH-GOOD!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:22 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heidi,
WATCH?????????? Ain't no way. You might have to cut cane, strip leaves and seed head, stuff stalks into the press, stoke the furnace, and then watch the juice boil.
Of course there will be plenty of cool refreshing adult beverages and iced tea along with some sort of animal carcass cooking slowly in the industrial sized 55gal barrel smoker. Might be a time for a regional round up. Just include a couple states on each side of the Mississippi River.

headedforthe0800Tuesdaygonnaseehowmanymorearedeplo yingmeetingShortround out
Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

CHIAWAKA,-WATCH HHOW-YE-BE-TALKING-ABOUT-ME-RELITAVES !
ABAGALE MEKER IS IN -ME FAMILY-LINE !
EN-NO-SHE-WANST-BURNED-AT THE-STAKE!
HAVE ONLY BEEN AVLE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES,WHEN GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER CAME WEST (TO MICHIGAN TERITORY 0 IN 1820`S HE BROUGHT DAUGHTERS & SON`S AND ABY MEEKER WITH HIM,LEFT WIFE BACK EAST DO TO POOR HEALTH ( THINKING IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN BAD CASE OF YAPPY JAW0 DONT KNOW FOR SURE, BUT THINK HE BROUGHT ABY FOR A BED WARMERDON`T KNOW. SETTLED JUST SOUTH OF SOUTH LIONS AND STARTED HIS OWN TOWN,BROUGHT OUT OTHER RELITAVES AND BUILT A GRIST MILL AND HAD A STORE AND POST OFFICE THERE, WHEN RAILROAD WENT THROUGH IT WAS PUT THROUGH ,SOUTH LIONS, AND HIS TOWN EVENTULLY BECAME A GOST TOWN.
OK ENOUGH HISTORY,
CLAUDE JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS,DRINKING HOT TEA,BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR,AAH -GOOD ! DOESNT TAYSTE NOTHING LIKE THE STUFF DUMPED IN BOSTON HARBOR !!!!
PS-FROSTY-WIFIE ,TALKING TO AN AQUANTINCE IN NORWAY,SAYS THEY HAD FREEZING RAIN & SNOW THERE LAST NIGHT ALSO! (SEEMS LIKE WEATHER PATTREN WORLD WIDE)
Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ed, I like that pic...

Ahhh... ran a few work related errands, made a few copies, shook hands and smiled a bunch, and fixed the second pot of coffee.

Life is GRAND!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

HAT,MORNING, ?
DID THE BIG BEUFORD HAMBURGER AT RALLIES ORIGINATE THERE IN S.C. ?
CLAUDE
Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Comeing in for another cup.

Yeah I locked it in this morning Calude. Mostly so i wouldn't dig ruts, the lane is still soft from gradeing it. The drive shafts have been under a tarp for the most part. I didn't know you needed the front too, I think I need that one. You can have the rear, I plan to change the slip joint to a fixed yoke later anyway. Have you found out if you need to pull the guts out of this front axle?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

DON , I KNEW YOU NEEDED FRONT ONE , BUT NOW YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED, -THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHER DAY , HAVE YOU STILL GOT BLASER OR DID YOU TRADE IT IN ?ME
CLAUDE
Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hellooo all Its finally getting cooler here high of 55 today. Hope everyone had good weekends I was out yesterday Fatherinlaw had prostate surgery everything went well doc thinks he got it all and no other signs were present in any of the tissue surrounding the prostate. My inlaws are backward to say the least so this was not something I could approach them about maybe one of yall know if the prostate is completely removed are marital activities over and if so will a pill help that or is it just done?? Please dont be rude or turn this into something wrong or crude Just looking for a straight answer if there is one. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated during his recovery his name is Bud. My wife and I are praying that Both my father and ***** inlaw would be saved through this ordeal.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
JANITOR HOW MUCH WHITE STUFF ARE YOU GETTING ?
Not much Claude. Jus' enough to make for a raw, miserable day.

Originally Posted by old dog
CHIAWAKA,-WATCH HHOW-YE-BE-TALKING-ABOUT-ME-RELITAVES ! ABAGALE MEKER IS IN -ME FAMILY-LINE !
WHEN GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER CAME WEST (TO MICHIGAN TERITORY 0 IN 1820`S HE BROUGHT DAUGHTERS & SON`S AND ABY MEEKER WITH HIM
Meker, Meeker, or Maker? I'm a Maker and haven't found any out here yet. I have a LOT of family back in that Ipswich town, most of which I haven't met yet, (nor do I wanna! ) the couple I HAVE met are missin' haffa their teeth and mosta their brain judgin' from what I saw!

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
I was out yesterday Fatherinlaw had prostate surgery everything went well doc thinks he got it all and no other signs were present in any of the tissue surrounding the prostate.... maybe one of yall know if the prostate is completely removed are marital activities over and if so will a pill help that or is it just done??
If I remember correctly, the prostate has nothing to do with the ability to perform marital abilities, just the ability to, um, 'drain'.

Got the west end of the barn about 1/2 cleaned out this AM, filled a 30 yard roll-off container. Waitin' for another one to be delivered now.

Good coffee Hat, jus' what I needed on a cold dreary day like this!

chaikwa.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM

Mornin' all,

Cool and cloudy in Houston, with a cold front due in soon. Wife is out of tea and her favorite coffee, not a good way for her first day back after the funeral. She took the loss very hard. She was very quite on the drive in from the airport.
here, good. Thanks Hat.

Heidi K**** is a loose gun and cow girl. My kinda girl.
Illigitimi non carburundum . Vote early and often.

ChrisR good answer, on the language. Shovehead always comes up with a great poster.

SR, when you get the press up and ready to go, invite all your friends over for a fun work party. Who knows, some of might be able to get there.

Old dog, interesting history lesson, you keep warm out there.

Finished waxing the truck, found a lot of new scratches, dings, dimples from road rash from kicked up road trash. Grocery cart dings from the cart slobs that empty the cart and give it a shove. A few dimples from what looks like side view mirrors hitting the panels when people are careless.
With the big jump in fuel prices I fill up every few days. Don't take much, $50.00 don't buy much anymore.
Fun to reset the over head then watch the distance to empty climb when in cruise and going at a steady pace. I am easily amused.

Nice to see so many new people on here.

Have a good un and be safe out there
Old 11-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Mornin all.

Not to late for a coffee I hope. Been jabbering on the phone all morning with the electric co. Contract is about up and they want us to sign for 5 yrs. Can't decide if it's a good deal or not?? It's 8.5 cents kWH, plus all their line loss and admin, distribution etc. charges. I even think they have one because your alive charge and then if you die while your contract is still in effect spouse has to pay double. Rant off...

Glad to see someone else is getting some of the white stuff and not just us. Claude you'll have to look at one of those poly type structures. Fairly cheap and it would keep you out of the snow bank at least. Lots of sizes to choose from.

Heidi I can see it's turning on the nasty letter writers already. Soon they will have to crawl back under the rocks from which they came. angry crowd throwing rope over tree branch

Mad you seem to be enjoying your new job. Less stress = HappyHat. Or is it the pills again?

Good to see new faces.

It would be a lot of fun to come and help with the pressing of the sorghum SR but like Hat said I'd have to win the lotto to go all the places I'd like. I'm sure you will let us know when you get the seeds in the ground and harvest/press.
If the prices for the two presses are approx. the same, can you find spare parts for the 100yr old one?

I think this was around the 11000 or 11500lb mark that their pulling. Pics are not that good, we were up a ways. Have a good one,have fun and drive safe.

Quick Reply: Madhat's Marine Corps DTR Breakroom...