Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

madhat's far away breakroom 25 Nov-1 Dec

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Take a look around. We're headed the other way in this country. Won't be long and you'll be able to legally marry your goat.
The butcher shop I was at the other day getting pork for the sausage making fiesta this weekend had a big sign on the door letting me know they sell goat. I figured a couple of the folks on this site might get interested in that fact. If you want contact info for the store, just let me know....
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the bizzarest calls I ever went one was the report of a violent domestic disturbance, caller reported that two brothers were out in thier front yard swinging axes and shovels at each other...
We had a history of calls to this place, and to say the family tree had NO branches is to be generous..

When we got there, the one brother was unconscious on the ground and their dad was trying to keep the other one from hitting him with the axe...again!

To make a long story short, the older brother (with the axe) had caught his younger brother having relations with the older brothers.......wife?..no
Girlfriend? no
daughter?? no

answer? GOAT

Dad commented before we left that if the younger one had messed around with HIS goat, he'd a done the same thing.. and he was being serious!!!

Older brother went to jail, younger bro to the ER and dad went back to eyein' the neighbors cattle....

I SWEAR this is a TRUE story!!! The family was from Tenn originally BTW..
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
Won't be long and you'll be able to legally marry your goat.
You say that like it's a BAD thing!

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
If bestiality lowers the molestation and rape percentages for kids and women I'm all for it..
That's true, but it's also not the ONLY reason you're all for it!

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
The butcher shop I was at the other day getting pork for the sausage making fiesta this weekend had a big sign on the door letting me know they sell goat.
Goat is actually quite good. (For FOOD Cincy, FOOD!) If you like lamb, you'd like goat. Male goats can be a bit, um, 'tangy' if you're not careful tho. They can taste like they smell if they're a true billy goat, but some people like that. Our barn lady raises goats and sells quite a few of them for that exact purpose. Not my cup of tea tho.

FINALLY in the hotel in East Brunswick NJ. We were supposed to be in Woodbridge but they are full from housing all the hurricane people. The hotel they sent us to was full for the same reason. Ended up at the Hilton for free. Okay I guess but New Jersey is a PITA to get around in when you don't know where you're going.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn

Probably not a good idea Short-one...
the way the supp's are prepared for a **** digestive system....
Ummm...most times I can add 2 and 2 and come up with 5....but please tell me this a simple spellin' error!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Good morning yall. Up and kickin a little better than yesterday

Evening all..

Probably not a good idea Short-one...
the way the supp's are prepared for a **** digestive system and the difference to a dogs might cause issues..
Ivermectin for example is used as a dewormer for both dogs and equines, but the prep for horses IN ADDITION to the dosage makes it fatal to dogs!
I'd stick to the doggie stuff ....
I think you're right. I went ahead and ordered some dog specific supps instead. We'll see how they go! Thanks for the thoughts.

Originally Posted by chaikwa

Goat is actually quite good. (For FOOD Cincy, FOOD!) If you like lamb, you'd like goat. Male goats can be a bit, um, 'tangy' if you're not careful tho. They can taste like they smell if they're a true billy goat, but some people like that. Our barn lady raises goats and sells quite a few of them for that exact purpose. Not my cup of tea tho.
Goat is pretty good. My grandpa raised goats and at every holiday my uncles/grandpa would slaughter a cabrito for the feast. The meat does have a distinct taste. I liked it best in a tortilla to take the edge off.

Originally Posted by jhenson
Ummm...most times I can add 2 and 2 and come up with 5....but please tell me this a simple spellin' error!!!!!!
Hah I just caught that.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

One of the bizzarest calls I ever went one was the report of a violent domestic disturbance, caller reported that two brothers were out in thier front yard swinging axes and shovels at each other...
We had a history of calls to this place, and to say the family tree had NO branches is to be generous..

When we got there, the one brother was unconscious on the ground and their dad was trying to keep the other one from hitting him with the axe...again!

To make a long story short, the older brother (with the axe) had caught his younger brother having relations with the older brothers.......wife?..no
Girlfriend? no
daughter?? no

answer? GOAT

Dad commented before we left that if the younger one had messed around with HIS goat, he'd a done the same thing.. and he was being serious!!!

Older brother went to jail, younger bro to the ER and dad went back to eyein' the neighbors cattle....

I SWEAR this is a TRUE story!!! The family was from Tenn originally BTW..

Wow

My brother is a pilot in the army (hence the NSDQ in my sig) with over 20 tours in Afgan. He frequently transfers the Afgan military members being trained by our special opps guys to and from battle zones. The higher ranking Afgan men always have their 'travel companions' with them everywhere they go. Ranging from goats, sheep, and unfortunately little boys.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - quick run thru to say boo and grab a ph00 - - - hmmm, ph00????? No ph00 - - - boo hoo. OK, cleaned up a bit, put on coffee and ph00 - - about done - - grabbing - - - ........................I'm outa here.

Bob
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Bobby, lurkin in the shadows again...quick stop.
More snow on the way, had a water break at the end of our driveway, City tore up several hundred feet of sidewalk and street to fix it. I get a brand new approach, wider for the driveway in the spring! It was too narrow and this way of getting it addressed beats the $$$ I would have had to pay contracting the city to widen it.

More snow on the ground now then all of last year.

Still no surgery but I do have a confirmed date of Jan 16. IF I'm not careful when I reach with my right arm, it extends almost 2 inches too far.
I can almost tie my shoes from an upright position. LOL

Hi Mark. Glad to see you post.

BE Safe folks.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 PM

Evening yall. Hey Scotty good to see you
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Hey Scotty, sadly I can give the same snow report from a few hundred miles west. We have snow drifts that have been here since mid-October that are here until May unless we have some freaky meteorological phenomena. I have already plowed more snow this year than all of last winter.
On a good note, our septic line is fixed. The installer is a local guy and a good guy. His original estimate (before coming onsite) was $9k to $10k. He finished the job on Tuesday after a day and a half of work and then dropped off the invoice today. Final bill was $2,200.
I sure wish all trades were like that.

His explanation - I always estimate for worst case scenario, because people get upset and I get in trouble if I lowball my estimates to get the job and then charge more. No one has ever been mad when I come in under the estimate. He is a local guy and gets his business by word of mouth from other locals. I know I will sure give him a good reference when anyone asks about getting septic work done.
Funny thing is - he may be a local guy but he is booked 2 or 3 months out and does work for about 100 miles in every direction. I guess being an ethical business man pays off after all, if you get away from the big cities.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Tallguy, snow sounds cold. But that's good you got your repairs done. I'm sure that wasn't fun especially with the weather.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HELLO!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE HERE????????????? HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE AROUND. WHERE IS EVERYONE???????????.............

OK, be that way - - I put the coffee and ph00 on anywho cuz I want some ph00 - - - and I am such a sweet guy I thought of you that don't drink the good stuff. So, get up, come and get it.

Me gone,

Bob
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
HELLO!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE HERE????????????? HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE AROUND. WHERE IS EVERYONE???????????.............

Bob
Arby's................... roastbeef sale

Morning fellow heathens..
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 AM

Morning. Slept late.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning. Slept late.
Morning slacker..

Quick Reply: madhat's far away breakroom 25 Nov-1 Dec