Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lost My Cool

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like the sort of thing I'd have had to go get a couple of buddys to take care of,just block em' in good and go get ya a beer or two,pick up your rigs in the AM
Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one was a joke:

I used to have a bunch of guys from a moving company work for me as contractors, and we ended up starting and finishing a lot of work days at their moving company warehouse / storage lot.

One of the guys that worked for the company had a early/mid 90's Honda CRX - a little yellow job that he was really proud of. Always kept it clean and always parked it away from other cars in the lot.

Well boys WILL be boys, and one Friday night we got back to the lot and this guy was on a road trip of sorts to Vegas for a delivery, and wouldn't be back until Saturday afternoon. Armed with this knowledge, one of the guys walked over to his car and realized the guy had left his sunroof cracked open a little bit, just to let some of the hot air out.

This guy goes into the warehouse and fashions a piece of wire to get the door unlocked. We unlock the door (no alarm) and grabbed a forklift and one of the large canvas shipping styrofoam bags (full) and proceeded to go to work.

When we were done, this guy's glovebox, every nook and cranny in that car was full of packing peanuts. We closed the door and left the window cracked a little bit and opened the sunroof and proceeded to fill this car entirely full of peanuts. We then rolled up the window and closed the sunroof, etc. and left.

This poor guy didn't get back from his trip until about 3 a.m. on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and had no idea what was waiting for him. His windows were all darkly tinted, and he had a sunshade up over the windshield. So when he opened the door....

He ended up scooping out as many of the peanuts as he could and rolled down the windows for the drive home to get rid of most of the rest. He said it took him a couple of hours to clean out the car the next day - he didn't find the stuff in the glovebox for about a week.