Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

living now in Austin TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
living now in Austin TX

hey guys, I originally was in Tronto, spent my schooling in Buffalo, NY and now have been living happily in Austin TX, all I have to say is WOW, this Hill Country in central TX is gorgeous, what ahidden secret, i always thought like most people that Texas was flat with shrubbs here and there but wow was I mistaken, the Austin and surrounding area is beautiful and compared to the north east its low cost of living, not planning on going back to Toronto anytime son, ps this area is all 3rd gen dodge diesels, sniff makes me proud, need to buy a truck again soon
Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

Texas stinks I hate it
Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Central Texas is a very beautiful area! Welcome to the Lone Star State!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by fordkiller43
Central Texas is a very beautiful area! Welcome to the Lone Star State!
thanks..haven't needed a sweatshirt yet...went down to south padre island and corpus christi so far..planning on visiting all over the state
Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Make sure you go take a swim down in Barton Springs Pool. You'll remember it for the rest of your life. You also need to head out to Lake Travis. Hippy Hollow. Anybody know if it's still there?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by charliez
Make sure you go take a swim down in Barton Springs Pool. You'll remember it for the rest of your life. You also need to head out to Lake Travis. Hippy Hollow. Anybody know if it's still there?
Hippy Hollow! Havent been there in forever! I am curious as well!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by mr T
thanks..haven't needed a sweatshirt yet...went down to south padre island and corpus christi so far..planning on visiting all over the state
Comin from Canada you arent gonna get cold anytime soon brother! Too us its chilly down here in the mornings but to you it probally feels like normal room temp! Corpus and South Padre are amazing aint they?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM

yes yes Hippie Hollow is still here...I'm renting a place very close to Travis...its awesome...it has rained 3 times in 6 weeks...an dyou're right about the room temperature thing....last week I finally opened the windows and slept without sweating...Ive been to Hamilton pool, been at Zilker park numerous times biking, haven't jumped in the pool yet though...been meaning to do it..been eating alot here haha...there's a steak house or tex mex on every single corner...happy hour from 3-6pm an dthen 9-12pm...In canada we don't even have the concept of happy hour...this is awesome 2$ Shiner Bocks anytime of day in most places...and its sunny everyday!! i mean everyday! yes I know what guys are thinking it's all toyota prius people and peace pipe smokers...but coming from Toronto its conservative! haha
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 PM

Well good to hear youre enjoying the south man. Its a great place to live! Especially Texas! Good luck with youre truck and maybe we will run into eachtother sometime down the road!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:42 AM

We lived out at Lake Travis for the last 15 years. We just moved to Buda just South of Austin about a month ago. It is a great area with so many things to do.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Cool, glad you like it here. Send me a PM if you want to get together sometime and do somthing. Always like to meet other diesel heads
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to see some cool hill country take a trip to Luckenbach then go into Fredricksburg and hit hwy 16 to Kerrville and head straight through Medina and Bandera. The road is awesome, and the towns are pretty cool too. You could also visit Enchanted Rock outside Fredricksburg, some nice scenery out there too!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dont forget to go East as well and see the lost Pines my wifer and I lived in Bastrop the first year of our marriage we loved the Austin Area.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM

thanks guys..Texas is so big and the landscape varies so much in every direction...gonna have lots of things to see...anyone need 12 valve help I'm here to help
Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM

Good riding in central texas. I just went down there Halloween weekend. Partied with some students from SouthWestern oddly enough, tiny school.

Don't forget to check out East Texas if you like lots of forrests.

Quick Reply: living now in Austin TX