Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

LIVE 8 World Concert

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LIVE 8 World Concert

Going on NOW:

Click the LIVE 8 LOGO be a part of history sign the Live 8 List.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:21 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Another waste of time and effort!!!!!! Isn't this supposed to help poverty in Africa? Guess what? It will not fix the many problems. The majority of the money will be wasted and go into lining many pockets. These people are very naive if they think that a concert like this will help. Sure, it will feed a few for day or two but what then???? The problems in Africa run way too deep to fix with something like this. Yes, it looks great in the media but the bottom line is that there will probably be more deaths by starvation in Africa this year than at any other time in history. This concert may prevent a few death, but then what??? What is going to happen in the years that follow? Until the root causes are rectified, the deaths will only get worse. Places like Zimbabwe are finished as a country, so how will this concert help them?
Old 07-02-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hate to say this but poverty and starvation is Mother Natures way of saying there are to many people on this earth. She is just bringing balance to the system.
And for the richest nations to drop the 3rd world debt? It just means that these two bit dictators just got their military hardware for free.

MikeyB
Old 07-02-2005, 09:44 PM

Hippies
Old 07-02-2005, 10:46 PM

let's fix our country first....then we can worry about the rest of the world
Old 07-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Banned

Originally posted by ricky3
let's fix our country first....then we can worry about the rest of the world
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm tired of wasting money on nations that are unrepairable. It's not our fault they live like that so why should we be helping them. They can revolt just like our fore fathers did.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:39 AM

Like Sam Kennison said about Ethiopia.

" Dont send them food, Send them UHAULS. Let them move to where the food is"
Old 07-03-2005, 04:37 AM

When they have a concert to supprt vasectomies in those countries I'll buy a front row seat .
Old 07-03-2005, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys the tickets were all free, the point of the concert was to bring awarness to the G8 summit going on over in Scotland. To have the heads of the G8 countries realize world poverty and thus give them more money. Personally with out a definate plan in which to help these countries any money given is normally as stated above used to line the pockets of their Dictators and or Military. Ahh have to love it when a pile of people want to help, cry out for money and help.yet they dont really understand what the actual situation is. Ask any soldier what the situation is. They will tell you unless a change of power is in effect and supported by an outside un corrupted force all the money in the world wont help these people. if the wordl was run by hippies and these so caring peopel. Hitler or Stalin would be or leaders.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 AM

Uh huh... Every dime that's sunk into that hell hole called Africa ends up in the pockets of some second rate dictator. Until Africa helps itself, I'll have my money spent here thankyouverymuch.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:13 AM

Send more $$ and they will pump out more kids. It a sin to give birth to a child when the ones you already have given birth to are lying by you starving to death.
Send them birth control. If that happened here you would end up in jail for child abuse and endangerment. Everyone is entitled to a family and their dream but be realistic. If you cant feed em, dont breed em.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Banned

Wanted to see Pink Floyd

Did they show Pink Floyd at all? I wanted to see them w/ Roger Waters back for this one show.

I saw Madonna. She was pretty good.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:57 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sound Fimiliar?

Originally posted by TomW
Uh huh... Every dime that's sunk into that hell hole called Africa ends up in the pockets of some second rate dictator. Until Africa helps itself, I'll have my money spent here thankyouverymuch.
This sounds very much like another country we are pouring Billions into and will get ZERO out of doesn't it???

Until they help themselves, they are a lost cause.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:06 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is more about education, (IMO) You guys have to remember, these folks didn't have the chance to go to school like we did.
Sex feels good, thats why humans do it, not to "pump out" kids. Look at our OWN Ghettos, 14 and 15 yr. old girls having their second child?? Having crack head parents and little or NO positive adult infuence is the problem!
I agree, we have plenty to worry about right here at home.
The concert I look forward to will be the one that fund's bringing home our children, nephews, mothers, fathers, neighbors, friends, etc. from a reigon we have NO business being in.
The World has "issues", I think it's kinda ballsy for any American to dump on someone else trying to HELP others, even if their efforts are unrealized in the end.
After all aren't we the one's who have decided that we need to single handedly spread democracy to the Middle East?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:40 PM

Like stated, fix our own problems first then offer a hand to others, dont shove it down their throats. Then we all can be happy campers

Quick Reply: LIVE 8 World Concert