Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Let's see your pride & joy - Kids that is!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a mare that looks just like the blaze faced sorrell and the wife calls her the hellbi#$% off of Lonesome Dove. She gets a little cranky when she has one in the oven. She's the pasture boss over 9 others. Good brood mare but can imtimidate someone that hasn't been around horses or someone that lets her get by with it.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some good looking cayuse flesh there course i am a little particular to strawberry roans n blue roans got any new photos of your latest non crashed truck sorry bud could not help it.

Mc that one with the blaze closet to the fence is 6 coming 2 he is a you know what when he gets in to a tantrum its over you might as well stop what your doing cause its not going to end up good. he got away with too much before i got him so he is kind of ruined at that part of it. I have taken him clear back to the begging for over a 6 month trip and he ain't learned a thing but its kind of hard being a spoiled brat and knowing if you throw a major fit and try to skin the guy off your back you wont ever get rode for awhile which is what the other people who had him did. He don't like me sometimes because i make him finish what we started.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got one in for training like that DC... the owners quit everytime she crow-hopped and she learned real quick that it was a way to get out of work.. took me a few days of bouncing to teach her otherwise...

all of those are half-sisters, teh two red-roans are out of the same mare, and the Grullo Roan and the younger red are out of the same stallion....
The one with the blaze is out of a Two Eyed Jack son and double bred T.E.J. grand-daughter...she gonna be my "show and go "
mare if I ever get time from riding other folks and ride my own...
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Chrisreyn; if I ever get time from riding other folks and ride my own...[/QUOTE]
It will never happen. I say the same thing every year. And we keep taking in more. The wife would like to quit her job and train full time but I hate to take that step.

I've got a 14hh two eyed jack stud at the house. But he has funny looking ears.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
It will never happen. I say the same thing every year. And we keep taking in more. The wife would like to quit her job and train full time but I hate to take that step.

I've got a 14hh two eyed jack stud at the house. But he has funny looking ears.
I trained full time before I got activated in '01... its scary not having the health insurance...( try and get individual coverage after telling them you train horses )... I ate a $1800 hospital bill and that was enough for the BOSS to say" get a real job"....... whats the studs pedigree?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
whats the studs pedigree?
That's where the looooooong ears come in to play. Let's just say that he is a jack with 2 eyes. He's actually out of very good stock from Jumps jackstock. Specifically the old 16hh Red Rojo. He throws really well put together mule colts.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 AM

I think I got an old picture of Rojo at the house...
think we hijacked this thread a little??
Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 AM

yeah yall did, so Chris, you and your oldest girl got mine and her wedding details set yet?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
yeah yall did, so Chris, you and your oldest girl got mine and her wedding details set yet?
She still waiting to hear about the truck..........
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM

Oh-Oh I can just imagine Chris sitting at the table cleaning the kimber or glock.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
Oh-Oh I can just imagine Chris sitting at the table cleaning the kimber or glock.
Mossburg 500 , 18.5 inch flared barrel and extended mag.....nick-named"Street-Sweeper"......
Old 11-16-2006, 10:27 AM

That will leave a mark.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 AM

can I bring my browning .50 to clean with you while we hash out the details of the marriage arrangement
Old 11-16-2006, 01:12 PM

Here's my two little monsters. It's not really like the picture show anymore. That was about a year ago and now it's more like my little girl rulling my boy.

Travist
Old 11-16-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by TRAVIST
Here's my two little monsters. It's not really like the picture show anymore. That was about a year ago and now it's more like my little girl rulling my boy.

Travist
Well, at least he's already learning at an early age that the women rule this world! If it's not directly it's by keeping our favorite 'toys' hidden away from us!

Quick Reply: Let's see your pride & joy - Kids that is!