Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just a question, and probably gonna get moved elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 07:58 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a question, and probably gonna get moved elsewhere

Question here for all you old hot rodders.
We would paint the pipes down each side of the duals, not far after they came out of the manifold/headers. Then run it for a while and look at the paint. Where it was burned off the most was where we put the H/X/equalizer pipe. Keep that thought in mind.
Had a chance to play with the exhaust system a bit back and did. I removed everything from the resonator back and replaced it with a 3” inlet, dual 2 1/2“ outlet Borla muffler. Both outlets exit on the right side just behind the rear wheel.
When I was putting shocks on the truck, I noticed a spot just in front of the muffler that appeared burned/discolored/a bunch different. It has to be a heat build up of sorts, which tells me what’s going in ain’t coming out fast enough or what is the significance of this sign from the almighty Cummins? The truck runs good, except for, what seems like a bit of a choking down of the turbo at rpms over 2200.
I know; Call Rip Rook. He has the answer!!!!!!
Could it be that the beast has the same problem that we sometimes have in electronics; resonance? As in cavity type.
How about some ideas(besides, I need a real good excuse to put a GOOD exhaust system on the truck)?

duetothewifeactingunnaturalI'vegottosayShortround out
Old 12-31-2003, 08:04 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long have you had that muff on the truck?