Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just had four wisdom teeth pulled out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had four wisdom teeth pulled out...

And now I'm left wondering why everyone complains?!

I got put under through IV after about 5 attempts at my scrawny veins. Felt a little blurred vision for about 2 hours. And no hint of pain.

Theres some pressure on the one that needed the most cutting to get out, im guessing this was the "bone extraction" one, but i dont get pain...

Perhaps I miss the hype.. I was looking forward to popping all these vicodin pills I got but now they just sit in the bottle lonely.

I think the pain will return first thing monday morning though if you get my drift
Old 06-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Glad you made it out without any problems. I had the same experience ... I think we just got lucky.

Save the vicodin for a rainy day ... and enjoy your Monday off !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Same happened to me, I went home and was able to eat all the foods I could before.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Similar experience here.... I went in, they knocked me cold and I woke up with some odd discomfort and a really cloudy head. I never had any serious pain and I played basketball in my driveway later that night... 3 of mine were impacted and required bone removal on my jaw... I still have a depression on the inside of my cheek where they removed some flesh for more clearance and this was 9 years ago.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 AM

I had great experience too. Well as good as teeth pulling could be. But back in highschool a buddy missed over a week of school, his face was swollen and had black eyes for 4 days. It just looked painful.
Just take it easy so you don't injure that area.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM

I had all 4 removed at one time, 2 needed bone removal. If I remember correctly I put the gauges in my truck the same day/night. Never needed any pain pills... IIRC eating anything good like: steak, pizza etc was hard to do for the forst day or 2..
Old 06-27-2009, 11:49 AM

I had four wisdom and three others cut out at the same time and the next day I was eating nachos and cheese! I had no pain at all. I never took any pain meds either. I attribute it to being only about 16 years old though. I had another kind of surgery a few years ago at 25 and I thought it would never quit hurting. It was a lot more sensitive area than my mouth though!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had my 4 taken out when I was 18. It was done with just local anesthetic. I ate mac n cheese the next day and then pizza by the third day. Very little pain and minor swelling.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I had all 4 out in 2005. I was knocked out for it too. My uppers were alright but they wanted to take them anyway. My lowers were the main problem. On one side it was impacted and tilted forward about 45º. The other one was impacted and rotated 90º forward, and on top of that had an extra root (didn't show on the X-rays). That tooth ended up in three pieces to come out.

Really foggy for about 2 hours after that. Couldn't eat solid food for about 4-5 days. Around that same time my 2nd son had transitioned to solid food, so we had a number of jars of baby food in the pantry. That stuff ain't half bad
Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 PM

My experience was a walk in the park as well. Had all four done at once while knocked out and enjoyed the vicodin over a period of about a month.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I had 4 taken out with only a local, so I was awake the whole time. One was VERY stubborn and I had a huge bruise on my cheek and knee (Yes I think the root was that deep) from the Doc trying to bust it out with a tire iron and sledge hammer Well OK, he didn't really use either of those things but it sure nuff felt like he did

No food for me for a couple days other than some jello and lukewarm beverages..Guess I was one of the unlucky ones...
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, no big deal here either. I had 3 out. The 4th had it's root wrapped around a sinus nerve and they were afraid if they removed it, I'd lose my sense of smell or taste or both. It was the only one that wasn't causing me problems thankfully.

They gave me I.V. Valium to knock me out. I saw pink elephants and blue frogs dancing on the ceiling just prior to... well, I don't remember much after that!

But I drove myself there and back home when it was over. Went to a 6 hour structure fire upon my return to town. Never had any pain to speak of.

chaikwa.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The problems come if you get dry socket. So follow the instructions, no staws, spitting, etc. I personally ate steak the next day....LOL I was starving... All 4 of mine were impacted out. Just grit the teeth for a few seconds and they will go numb. Then eat like crazy....LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
The problems come if you get dry socket.
Yes, but what's that got to do with teeth? (did I really just say that?)

chaikwa.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I had 4 taken out with only a local, so I was awake the whole time. One was VERY stubborn and I had a huge bruise on my cheek and knee (Yes I think the root was that deep) from the Doc trying to bust it out with a tire iron and sledge hammer Well OK, he didn't really use either of those things but it sure nuff felt like he did
Mine went about the same. Except for there was also a giant crow bar, linemans pliers and the milk crate to stand on for some better leverage..... The oral surgeon also had his assistant hold me down so I wouldn't move....When all that didn't work then he got out the drill and split the suckers......

Originally Posted by Spooler
The problems come if you get dry socket.
I lived with a dry socket for 2 weeks afterwards. very unplesent. Esspecially since the Surgeon said it wasn't possible to last that long.

Quick Reply: Just had four wisdom teeth pulled out...