Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Jarhead Joe breakroom 25-31 March

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Jarhead Joe breakroom 25-31 March

Afternoon, most of ya. (mornin to some on the left side)

Hope everyone is having a good week. Old lady got me one of them nice french press coffee makers, I hit up a couple of rounds- they're steaming on the table. Just be careful with that first sip.

Eastern North Carolina is still disgusting, but we're looking at 80* at the end of the week- I'm glad, I've been trying to get the hog out for a minute.

Have a good week, be safe.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Started out at 7°, it may (or not) get above freezing today.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good to see the hat man on the site today. Take care, buddy. Miss ya when you are gone.

Weather??? What can I say? Wow, the east and north have really had it this year. We had a low in the 60's last night and hit 80 late this afternoon. Heading for 82 tomorrow. Really a wonderful time to be in Florida right now.

Still on my bicycle trying to get everything done. Can't believe my calendar for the next three weeks. HORRORS. ....................Some day I am going to get to the things I WANT to do, not HAVE to do. Hmmm, wonder if a small calendar would work - - or maybe hide it from the blonde. Wow, that might be a brainwave. ............

CYA Morry.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:25 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hey Joe, er, I mean Mark, thanks for starting the breakroom. Was anything broken when you came in?

Coffee is all gone, so somebody must have been here, but not signed in.

Every Sunday my wife and I watch an on-line live church service out of San Antonio, Texas, but this morning was a dummy and missed 3/4 of it. Why? Because this dummy forgot about the time change north of me. Ours only changes on April 1.

Debating on taking a drive to Huntington Beach some time in the not too distant future. It's only 1,800 miles one way. If we go, will probably take my truck.

Tomorrow early will be back at the house that I am fixing up for sale. Got lots done, but still more to go. Nothing too serious, but it all takes lots of time. Bob, how 'bout you come and help me, then I will go and help you?

See yuh l8tr
Old 03-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee is Hot and Fresh pot of Phoo in the carafe.

Lots of warm goodies in the oven and fresh fruit in the fridge (see old dogs can learn a new trick} Pot of oatmeal on the stove, bacon and sausage warming in the oven come and get it!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:22 PM

Sorry I let the ph00 get cold - - just slowed down enough to turn on the computer. Been at the other house cleaning, sorting, throwing out, repairing, getting it ready for the market. Lots to do yet.

Back at it early tomorrow, but try and say boo earlier than this. Have a good one.

Bob
Old 03-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Started out at 7°, it may (or not) get above freezing today.
Nope.
It's the agenda, not the body count that's important.
I think this is backwards for me...

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Good to see the hat man on the site today. Take care, buddy. Miss ya when you are gone.

Weather??? What can I say? Wow, the east and north have really had it this year. We had a low in the 60's last night and hit 80 late this afternoon. Heading for 82 tomorrow. Really a wonderful time to be in Florida right now.

Still on my bicycle trying to get everything done. Can't believe my calendar for the next three weeks. HORRORS. ....................Some day I am going to get to the things I WANT to do, not HAVE to do. Hmmm, wonder if a small calendar would work - - or maybe hide it from the blonde. Wow, that might be a brainwave. ............

CYA Morry.
Hiya, Bobby! I'm sorry, man, I remember when these things used to be 10 pagers on a slow week. Just got older, busier. I don't even turn on my computer at home some weeks. We're looking at 70 tomorrow, 80 on Thursday. It was below freezing this morning :/

I wonder what it's going to be like when I'm retired... I'll probably croak with a list three pages long.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey Joe, er, I mean Mark, thanks for starting the breakroom. Was anything broken when you came in?
Joehead, Jarjoe, whatevs

Just my face... but that's always broken.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Busy day for me, enjoying a cold one right now to relax.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by madhat

Just my face... but that's always broken.
Peggy was printing out a picture of you today to hang on the "Family" wall, she said "Both of our Sons are very handsome". I agreed and grinned while trying not remember I am old enough to be your Grandfather
Old 03-27-2018, 07:15 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Yeah, I also remember when the breakroom used to be many fun pages long on a slow week. Something is broken in the breakroom and is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. Not good.

Just came across something that I hope will be of interest to some of you. Listen, watch and learn. I am impressed that this guy did not look down at any notes or appear to have a teleprompter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yu...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Stan, social media is simply winning the competition against online forums....platforms like Faceplant are fast and easy to access on the cell phone that now leads millions around like a leash.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:29 PM

Oh darn, I must be anti-social because I absolutely refuse to use any social media. Email and texting is enough for me. In any case, don't have time for anything else.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
[QUOTE=Mexstan;3346142]Yeah, I also remember when the breakroom used to be many fun pages long on a slow week. Something is broken in the breakroom and is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. Not good. /QUOTE]

We're missing some originality, like the shrew wars, and concrete bedliner.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:32 AM

Well gang, I will try and help some with the old breakroom routine - - fresh coffee, ph00 and hot water is ready for you along with fresh yummie sprinkles. Now, get your fanny out of bed, come say hi and enjoy your favorites. Let us know your day and leave some amazing something like Stan just did. Wow, Stan, that guy has it together - - and you are right, I only saw him look down for just a moment one time. Excellent presentation. He should be a preacher. Thanks for posting.

Grabbing a ph00 and head back to the sis-in-laws house - - there will be quite a stack of big black trash bags out front tonight for the Waste Management gang tomorrow morning. Slowly but surely the house is being stripped. Our daughter and granddaughter worked there all day yesterday with us. We got a lot of sorting, discarding, boxing and loading done. Soon and very soon - - it will change. Just stand up, Bob. Listen to the sermon, Bob. You can do it.

.............................Y'all have a great and prosperous in all ways day.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings!

Hey Mad, good to see you.

even you Stan lol

sliding thru for a grab and dash

later

Old 03-28-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Greetings!

Hey Mad, good to see you.

even you Stan lol

sliding thru for a grab and dash

later

But not glad to see me??? Boooooo....................boo hoo. Me sad.

Quick Reply: Jarhead Joe breakroom 25-31 March