Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Jarhead Joe breakroom 25-31 March (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/jarhead-joe-breakroom-25-31-march-330029/)

madhat 03-25-2018 11:54 AM

Jarhead Joe breakroom 25-31 March

Afternoon, most of ya. (mornin to some on the left side)

Hope everyone is having a good week. Old lady got me one of them nice french press coffee makers, I hit up a couple of rounds- they're steaming on the table. Just be careful with that first sip.

Eastern North Carolina is still disgusting, but we're looking at 80* at the end of the week- I'm glad, I've been trying to get the hog out for a minute.

Have a good week, be safe.

[coffee]

cougar 03-25-2018 01:28 PM

Started out at 7°, it may (or not) get above freezing today.

FiverBob 03-25-2018 07:49 PM

Good to see the hat man on the site today. Take care, buddy. Miss ya when you are gone.

Weather??? What can I say? Wow, the east and north have really had it this year. We had a low in the 60's last night and hit 80 late this afternoon. Heading for 82 tomorrow. Really a wonderful time to be in Florida right now.

Still on my bicycle trying to get everything done. Can't believe my calendar for the next three weeks. HORRORS. ......:o..............Some day I am going to get to the things I WANT to do, not HAVE to do. Hmmm, wonder if a small calendar would work - - or maybe hide it from the blonde. Wow, that might be a brainwave. ............[coffee]

CYA Morry.

Mexstan 03-25-2018 08:25 PM

Hey Joe, er, I mean Mark, thanks for starting the breakroom. Was anything broken when you came in?

Coffee is all gone, so somebody must have been here, but not signed in.

Every Sunday my wife and I watch an on-line live church service out of San Antonio, Texas, but this morning was a dummy and missed 3/4 of it. Why? Because this dummy forgot about the time change north of me. Ours only changes on April 1.

Debating on taking a drive to Huntington Beach some time in the not too distant future. It's only 1,800 miles one way. If we go, will probably take my truck.

Tomorrow early will be back at the house that I am fixing up for sale. Got lots done, but still more to go. Nothing too serious, but it all takes lots of time. Bob, how 'bout you come and help me, then I will go and help you?

See yuh l8tr

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-26-2018 08:14 AM

Coffee is Hot and Fresh pot of Phoo in the carafe.

Lots of warm goodies in the oven and fresh fruit in the fridge (see old dogs can learn a new trick} Pot of oatmeal on the stove, bacon and sausage warming in the oven come and get it!

FiverBob 03-26-2018 08:22 PM

Sorry I let the ph00 get cold - - just slowed down enough to turn on the computer. Been at the other house cleaning, sorting, throwing out, repairing, getting it ready for the market. Lots to do yet.

Back at it early tomorrow, but try and say boo earlier than this. Have a good one.

Bob

madhat 03-27-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3346023)
Started out at 7°, it may (or not) get above freezing today.

Nope.

It's the agenda, not the body count that's important.
I think this is backwards for me...

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3346036)
Good to see the hat man on the site today. Take care, buddy. Miss ya when you are gone.

Weather??? What can I say? Wow, the east and north have really had it this year. We had a low in the 60's last night and hit 80 late this afternoon. Heading for 82 tomorrow. Really a wonderful time to be in Florida right now.

Still on my bicycle trying to get everything done. Can't believe my calendar for the next three weeks. HORRORS. ......:o..............Some day I am going to get to the things I WANT to do, not HAVE to do. Hmmm, wonder if a small calendar would work - - or maybe hide it from the blonde. Wow, that might be a brainwave. ............[coffee]

CYA Morry.

Hiya, Bobby! I'm sorry, man, I remember when these things used to be 10 pagers on a slow week. Just got older, busier. I don't even turn on my computer at home some weeks. We're looking at 70 tomorrow, 80 on Thursday. It was below freezing this morning :/

I wonder what it's going to be like when I'm retired... I'll probably croak with a list three pages long.

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3346039)
Hey Joe, er, I mean Mark, thanks for starting the breakroom. Was anything broken when you came in?

Joehead, Jarjoe, whatevs ;)

Just my face... but that's always broken.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Busy day for me, enjoying a cold one right now to relax. :chug:

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-27-2018 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3346135)

Just my face... but that's always broken.

Peggy was printing out a picture of you today to hang on the "Family" wall, she said "Both of our Sons are very handsome". I agreed and grinned while trying not remember I am old enough to be your Grandfather [laugh]

Mexstan 03-27-2018 07:15 PM

Yeah, I also remember when the breakroom used to be many fun pages long on a slow week. Something is broken in the breakroom and is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. Not good.

Just came across something that I hope will be of interest to some of you. Listen, watch and learn. I am impressed that this guy did not look down at any notes or appear to have a teleprompter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yu...ature=youtu.be

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-27-2018 07:19 PM

Stan, social media is simply winning the competition against online forums....platforms like Faceplant :banging: are fast and easy to access on the cell phone that now leads millions around like a leash.

Mexstan 03-27-2018 07:29 PM

Oh darn, I must be anti-social because I absolutely refuse to use any social media. Email and texting is enough for me. In any case, don't have time for anything else.

j_martin 03-27-2018 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=Mexstan;3346142]Yeah, I also remember when the breakroom used to be many fun pages long on a slow week. Something is broken in the breakroom and is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. Not good. /QUOTE]

We're missing some originality, like the shrew wars, and concrete bedliner.

FiverBob 03-28-2018 07:32 AM

Well gang, I will try and help some with the old breakroom routine - - fresh coffee, ph00 and hot water is ready for you along with fresh yummie sprinkles. Now, get your fanny out of bed, come say hi and enjoy your favorites. Let us know your day and leave some amazing something like Stan just did. Wow, Stan, that guy has it together - - and you are right, I only saw him look down for just a moment one time. Excellent presentation. He should be a preacher. Thanks for posting.

Grabbing a ph00 and head back to the sis-in-laws house - - there will be quite a stack of big black trash bags out front tonight for the Waste Management gang tomorrow morning. Slowly but surely the house is being stripped. Our daughter and granddaughter worked there all day yesterday with us. We got a lot of sorting, discarding, boxing and loading done. Soon and very soon - - it will change. Just stand up, Bob. Listen to the sermon, Bob. You can do it.

.............[coffee]................Y'all have a great and prosperous in all ways day.

Scotty 03-28-2018 07:40 AM

Greetings!

Hey Mad, good to see you.

even you Stan lol

sliding thru for a grab and dash

later

[coffee]

FiverBob 03-28-2018 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3346156)
Greetings!

Hey Mad, good to see you.

even you Stan lol

sliding thru for a grab and dash

later

[coffee]

But not glad to see me??? Boooooo...........:whyme:.........boo hoo. Me sad.