Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Januaries New year 2020 break room 01/01 to 01/31

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
WHOA NJ -= - - me thinks it is good someone found that one out. WOW. Other than that, looks like all is normal around here. No coffee
or ph00, so made small pot of each to wash down the homemade chocolate chip cookies I brought along. It is 81 here today and getting
close to fire up that pool heater to test it perchance the grandkids need it next month when they are here.

Grabbing my ph00 and out of here...………….. ……………...have a great day - - - - Bob
Old 01-14-2020, 08:03 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob L
Good morning Tman,

Thank you for reporting your findings, luckily you caught it in time. If left to go on longer the results could have been devastating. Good on you. Now to check my own.
look at your flame and the exchanger's rear wall. The flames should be blue in color. The interior walls of the heat exchanger should not have any soot at all on them. If you see any of these signs, get a tech in there to inspect.

The following users liked this post:
Bob L (01-14-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 07:11 AM

Good morning gang. Had a minute early in the day, so put on coffee and ph00 and picked up some apple fritters on the way here.
Had the thought I had not caught everyone up on Scotty lately. He has had his operation, long recovery time, he has no more pain
and pretty much full usage of shoulder. The people at his new job that stuck with him thru all this mess for so long have him in a new
position that he loves and is doing well in it. He has a whole new attitude about life in general and his girl is winning all kinds of trophies
in her basketball and other athletic activities. Just thought some of you would be happy to hear about him. He went through some
horrible times in that messed up Canadian health care system.

Grabbing ph00 and get outside and hopefully finish up my job on the pool heater. ………… …………..
Old 01-15-2020, 07:27 AM

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Apple fritters...Thanks!

Great to hear about Scotty, I was wondering how that all worked out, That is great he is back at work and things are going well for him.

Still flirting with the freezing point here today and spitting a little snow.
I have a fun little '92-'93 2wd to 4x4 Cummins club cab truck project brewing in the shop, I have been working on the past few nights. It give me something to do when the sun sets at 4:15 up here in winter.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:13 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
South central AK where I am is a bit warmer than the rest of the state. I'm glad I'm not in the interior where its been -20° to -40° or the north slope where its been even colder.
I'm glad we have our own home now. The last landlord wouldn't do anything with the furnace until it totally failed. We have our heater scheduled for a yearly check up and our smoke/CO2 get new batteries every year and replaced at 5.
NJT, I never heard from anyone that had an overhauled ABS unit.

Might be looking for another job soon. A few more nails in the coffin lid in just the last 4 days. I guess we will see if that adage "we're too big to let fail" saying floating about the company holds water. We worse part are people not getting their full paycheck or not getting paid at all.

Had a little more snow the last couple days. Temps still on the minus side of zero.

Wife left a light on in the Subaru. It will need a new battery, they don't like to freeze. Wife broke the windshield on the Aspen. I'll need to replace that. Wife broke the refrigerator. I'll need to replace that if I can't get it fixed. The only thing I've broken lately is wind.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 07:59 AM

Great to,hear about Scooty. Nice when things turn out for the best..

Been in the 50s here. God,it sucks having NC weather here. Everyone gets sick because it's flip flopping back and forth,from 20 to 65*f. It needs to be one or the other, IMO.
Came across a clogged drain in grandmas house. Went to pull the trap and the nipple cracked off. Imagine that? 61 years of galv iron pipe stuck in a brass fitting, and it failed? I mean 61 years? The nerve of making such long lasting stuff!!😊 had to use a set of fine picks to get the threads out. Lucky. Switched to pvc, and I'll be long dead.....

Broke threads

Failed nipple

Pulled dw

Cleaning cast iron threads out

Closed up

Paint

Old 01-16-2020, 08:10 AM

Think cats aren't tough? Well, mine aren't. This Cali kitty is, though. Watch him fight off 3 coyote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...coyotes-video/
Old 01-16-2020, 09:41 AM

When I still lived in Arizona and Cougar was still in her prime, a pack of stupid coyotes tried to mess with her. 1 dead, the rest scattered. That was one mean kitty.
High winds from the interior plowing in used snow and warmer temperatures. Still pretty cold if you count the wind chill.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:25 AM

Hey Cougar, send the cold and snow my way! I'll take it off your hands. What new job you looking at?
Old 01-16-2020, 10:26 AM

Sinky worky. Needs *****. Come to think of it, so do I...

Lol

Old 01-17-2020, 09:07 AM

Wish I could. A wind generator is most definitely on my todo list. Could have lit up the LA basin with yesterday and last night's wind. Calming down a little now and the temperature has dropped back into single digits. The wind still poses a problem. Can't open the hood on the Subaru without it getting ripped off. Of course, it's parked facing the wind.
Back to work tomorrow. Wounder if I still have a job?
Nice sink, I wish I could have put one a little bigger in my bathroom. Just no room.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:41 PM

Missing for a while. Been on the merry go round. Commercial building project is finally really rolling along and keeping me busy guiding
people on what and where and how.

NJ - - - hate plumbing work - - will do it on my own house when necessary, but hate it. Always say "as a plumber, I am a great
electrician. I approve on what you did - - some good planning there.

Been cold here last two days - - got down to 48 last night and high around 60. Must be January. Sure better than the storms
up north - - - no thanks - - I will stay here.

No ph00, so I will split. Have a good one and be careful with your projects.

Bob
Old 01-22-2020, 09:40 AM

More high winds blew in another storm. Only about 6" this time, but it is still snowing. I like a good heavy snow. Only me and the moose are on the roads in the early morning.
IT screwed up our computers twice. They wiped them of critical data then locked us out, twice. We have taken to backing up our data on a flash drive at the end of our shifts so they couldn't destroy it. Permanently lost critical data, our only backup being the paper archive. The Feds are not happy with us. And to add insult to injury, they have been shorting our pay checks even though we are turning in a paper time sheet. And no one is saying when or if we will get our W2.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:06 PM

Bob,

60 ? Cold? Lol. I'm a 40 to 60 happiest guy. No sweating, and I can dress without being too sun exposed. Hate the sun on my skin feeling of burning.
Thanks. Just trying to minimize any future issues. So far so good.

Sorry to hear your new gig is turning sour, there Cougar. Let's all hope the next place does ya right.

Been a snowless winter. Got a couple inches the other day, but by midnight it was raining, and all gone by Sunday morning. Good thing I spent all that time prepping the plow, paying $2000 in insurance. At least last year I covered my insurance expense. This year not looking good. Oh well, I guess the house fixing getting done is a big plus either way.

No snow

New laundry center

Old

Nice skies
Old 01-23-2020, 07:57 AM

The storm cleared out, -6° and dropping. Someone say something about a warming trend? Could be worse, the record for this date is -30°.
A nice sized 6.2 EQ way out on the Aleutian chain sent shock waves to every volcano sizemojiger up the chain. That's a little scary.
The sun is finally peaking over the mountains in my little river valley, may actually get to see it.

Quick Reply: Januaries New year 2020 break room 01/01 to 01/31