Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Jane Fonda begins new peace initative

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:36 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by infidel
What always cracks me up about the folks who get down on Fonda is that most of them were under 10 years old or not even born when she did her deeds. Most go on a bunch of information that has long ago been proven to be lies. A bunch of sheep. Many of the folks spewing their hate also claim to Christians, hypocrites of the worst kind in my opinion.
Most of the Vietnam vets I know, myself included, could care less about her, she was just protesting an unwinable war along with millions of other Americans. To call her a traitor for it just means you hate freedom.
I wasn't even thought of during the revolution but still know Benedict Arnold was a Traitor.
So Whats your point?

I have a picture of her on a Communist Anti Air Craft gun wearing a NVA Helmet. She should have been Hung in the 60s
Old 07-26-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 64, I was there, but I'm being good....
Old 07-26-2005, 03:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was born in 1947. I remember Jane Fonda quite well.

Rusty
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by crobtex
There is the "right" way to express your freedoms, and then there is her way. I remember her and the protests very well, and I don't recall anyone else with her notability going to Nam and sucking up the their military and government. If there are pics of other American, communist sympathizers , posing in Nam, please share them.

Oh.......I was a little older the ten.
me to, i was in the Army from 62-68.

i think there were a LOT of protesers in our country that would have been there and followed her thru nam had they had the ability.
i am not saying what she did was right but i do beleive that she thought what she was doing was right and hoped to benifit our country and our troops
thats the freedom we fought for to give our citizens, we don't have to agree with them and they don't have to agree with us
Old 07-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by herb
question ---why would ANYONE be against doing anything possable to end this mess in iraq and get our troops home ?

righty or lefty our troops are being killed and maimed so our government can have a certain amount of control over oil flo and middle east politics.

whether i agree with jane or not i have to show her some respect for doing what she thinks is right and i am convinced she thinks (right or wrong) that what she is doing is to help get our troops home soon and safe

Be nice Larry , i am trying hard to be diplomatic
What better way to support the troops than to ride around on a veggie oil bus protesting? People who say they support the troops and then go protest the war make me want to . The time to argue about Iraq was 2 years ago, not now while our guys are dying doing what we sent them to do. It would be stupid and irresponsible to pull our soldiers out before the Iraqis are capable of handling their own security. Until then we need to stay, or the place will be like pre 9-11 Afghanistan - and all the terrorists will know we are spineless and will cave if they just blow up a few buses.

Jane Fonda has a right to go on her cute little veggie bus tour, but she shouldn't do it. It's a shame the children of the WWII generation did not learn from their parents' behavior during that war. Most of the country was against going to war before 12/7/41, but once we were in it they shut up and pulled together until it was over. The soldiers came home and didn't feel like half the country hated them for their service.

Nothing positive came out of the Vietnam era protests. Pressure from the protesters made politicians tie the hands of the military - it was not fought as an all out war on our side. The other side was deadly serious, so they won. Then when our soldiers came home the protesters called them baby killers and spit at them. It makes me sick to think that it could happen again.

The time to argue is before a war, when the shooting starts we need to present a united front to the enemy. America can only lose a war when we beat ourselves.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:37 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Oh gee if i collaborate with the North Vietnam Government it will help the troops.

I think somebody got to many packs of Parklane Cigs in country.

What part of Traitor dont you understand!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:52 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

OK I just noticed who started this thread and I guess I took the bait because it is obvious anyone that would Vote for a Traitor would suppert a Traitor later.

Ramlovingvetremovingth60hookfromhislip
Old 07-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
OK I just noticed who started this thread and I guess I took the bait because it is obvious anyone that would Vote for a Traitor would suppert a Traitor later.

Easy now.............

I don't agree with much of herb's politics, but I feel it's our duty to keep on until we convert him and bring him out of The Dark Side.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by ramlovingvet

i fought for the right for you to think the way you do also
Old 07-26-2005, 10:44 PM

It's one thing to protest a war, and another to turn over ss# that brought beatings and deaths of some of our soldiers in pow camps. At that point she crossed the line and lost the all rights she had. One word for her TRAITOR.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 AM

You should have locked her up for treason the first time around.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 AM

what i find funny is, the people that say that she felt she was right in what she was doing so it is ok. and they stick up and defend her. hilter felt he was doing the right thing also. if she died today the world would be a better place.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:31 PM

The only speech that has to be protected is unpopular speech.

Sam
Old 07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by sammy198
The only speech that has to be protected is unpopular speech.

Sam
Well said!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

there is a difference between free speech and aiding the enemy!
You can say you are against the war. I went to war for your right to do that. If you go to my enemies country and support them its a whole new ballgame. It become Treason.

Quick Reply: Jane Fonda begins new peace initative