Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I've turned back to the ricer-side

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Tire Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've turned back to the ricer-side

Well, I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick up a 240SX w/ sr20det swap with a t03turbo with a t04hotside, 5spd. Should be pushing 220whp on 7psi and get great gas milage considering it's a lil' 2.0. Body has 60,000 miles on it, engine from japan has 40,000. Not too shabby, always wanted a RWD turbo 4cyl. No, I'm not getting rid of my truck, but this is gonna be my vehicle for days when I drive to college, back home, to college, then home again. In my truck, I can drive softly, but when traffic gets bad because some mexican in a pos van is doing 20 when the speed limit is 55 won't move over, and the guy next to him is another mexican in a pos car smoking more than my truck and also can't get over, I get mad and usually end up using the shoulder or median as my passing lane. Hopefully with this little car I'll drive a little softer since I can't take grassy medians at 50, and when an opportunity comes out, I will be able to lane-split into the crack between the morons. On the performance side, I of course am going to be putting a full standalone ecu tuned by yours truely, and with that turbo, and a good set of injectors (prolly 650's) I'll be able to get 450whp out of the stock block (heads have some work, multi-angle valve job, rockers, rockerstops, valvesprings, minor porting) so it should be fun. I'll get pics when I get the car.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

well good luck with the ricer, if ya miss the smoke you could always plumb in a line just in front of the kitty and have this line fed by a windshield washer pumped atf fluid..... will put on quite a smoke show.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why John, why?

Why?

(Just no decals or wings...)
Old 09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Tire Hater

Good part is it should be running a low 14 on 220whp. Kitty? What kitty.. my chihuahuas hate cats and always run them off. Good thing my full-size chihuahua knows how to mig weld... tee.hee...

Begle, I had a 346awhp lancer evolution. This won't be my first turbo 4-cyl. They're great cars, get great gas milage when you stay in vacume, but when you need power, it's there for you. Wings? I like the high-end ones, the kind you never see on ricers, only on true import-enthusiasts cars. Lemme see if I can dig up a pic of my old car

That was the day after I blacked out my taillights, and I hadn't sealed the driver's side light as well as I should have. That wing costs about 1,100 new, it's all high-grade wetCF. That little red car would smoke 3 tires on a launch and still pull a 1.9s 60' (I'd get 1.6s 60's if they let me use the inside lane).

My favorite picture

Old 09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Banned

Once a ricer always a ricer.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Where is my 18v sawzall? I can cut that butt ugly wing off of that thing in no time!!!

Just starting my collection!!

Rick
Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 PM

Dont chop it off, its a handle! Import cars need them so when their engine blocks or glass transmissions shatter, they can get out and push the car easily.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:26 PM

Need a "My other car has a Cummins" bumper sticker.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:18 AM

Forget about the turbo 4 banger, just stick an LS1 in it
Alot of people have done it to the 240's, rx7's etc.....
Don't have to worry about weight being all aluminum, used ones are cheap, they get great gas milage, and theres a ton of aftermarket support for them.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Tire Hater

*cough*53 block*cough*dodgeautotrannies*cough*

That's why tailgates were invented, easier to push. LS1's can't get near as good gas milage as a 2.0l 4-banger driven in vacum, and aren't cheap. My friend has been looking for one and the best deal he's seen so far is a longblock and ecu, no engine harness, 2,500. For that amount of money you get the front half of a silvia with a redtop sr20det (engine of choice) and tranny, along with all wiring/ecu goodies, and a higher speed speedometer.

Originally Posted by Timmay2
Dont chop it off, its a handle! Import cars need them so when their engine blocks or glass transmissions shatter, they can get out and push the car easily.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Turbo cars are fun to have. I have several (Mustang SVO and a Merkur). My Dad as a Subaru WRX STi for a tinker toy. Sure is fun to drive! Stay on the boost and it will drink premium fuel like a small block Chevy!
The ricer I would like to own is the Nissan Skyline GTR.

MikeyB
Old 09-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Tire Hater

I recently had the pleasure of driving a 500whp syclone (think about thta much). Man was it a blast! 82mm inducer, .85ar hotside turbo, little laggy but hold on! On 8psi he ran an 11.8, we got the boost up to where it should be and were tuning (got some nice 11.5afr WOT **** near accross the board, 24 degrees on the top end no knock, on 15psi 93octane). Then, we're there doing a top speed run enjoying the fruits of labor when at 120 or so the cab fills with smoke [laughs]. We broke the rings on the #1 piston. But it was running like a bat out of hell, at least a 10.5
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John Rodriguez
Well, I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick up a 240SX w/ sr20det swap with a t03turbo with a t04hotside, 5spd. Should be pushing 220whp on 7psi and get great gas milage considering it's a lil' 2.0. Body has 60,000 miles on it, engine from japan has 40,000. Not too shabby, always wanted a RWD turbo 4cyl. No, I'm not getting rid of my truck, but this is gonna be my vehicle for days when I drive to college, back home, to college, then home again. In my truck, I can drive softly, but when traffic gets bad because some mexican in a pos van is doing 20 when the speed limit is 55 won't move over, and the guy next to him is another mexican in a pos car smoking more than my truck and also can't get over, I get mad and usually end up using the shoulder or median as my passing lane. Hopefully with this little car I'll drive a little softer since I can't take grassy medians at 50, and when an opportunity comes out, I will be able to lane-split into the crack between the morons. On the performance side, I of course am going to be putting a full standalone ecu tuned by yours truely, and with that turbo, and a good set of injectors (prolly 650's) I'll be able to get 450whp out of the stock block (heads have some work, multi-angle valve job, rockers, rockerstops, valvesprings, minor porting) so it should be fun. I'll get pics when I get the car.

There are just SO many things wrong with this post.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 AM

I dont see anything wrong with it

He still has the cummins now dont he? Hey i drive a honda passport around when my cummins beast is down for the count temporarily, or when my grampa or dad need my truck for some odd reason or another. So John is getting a ricer, OK we smoke ricers with our trucks, heck we smoke just about anything with our trucks, and besides the point, He aint sellin the ram, he is gonna use it for a tow rig to the track, or when he needs a pickup truck as well. Now Jap boxes are easy to tune, yet expensive, if he has the money more power to him, and he will be gettin good gas mileage.. Its true hoss, drive in laredo, and ur gonna flip your lid.. there are mexican cars that literally FUMIGATE the air worse than even my truck with a zero or no plate whatsoever, they have the blinkers on CONTINUOUSLY, they signal right when they are gonna turn, and they brake and slow down for no reason,

plus they are the only breed of ppl who can cram 15 people into a volkswagen beetle.. how they do it? i dont know. Oh and also, if they hit you here or crash into you, its not their fault, us authorities cannot do anything about it, and it would do u no good to kick their butts anyways.

Now im mexican american, but there are just some shameless mexican people here in laredo that come from mexico to shop and so forth every weekend, that just plain make me partially ashamed to be who I am, i dont deny my roots i just wish that theyd act more civilized..

Back on topic, honestly a ricer isnt a bad project, Had I a deep pocket book there would be a twin turboed supra or a nissan skyline sittin in my driveway as we speak.. But reality has let me afford only one ride, and its a CTD!!

enough said there

Tx
Old 09-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Tire Hater

I'm not fond on euphanisms, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, I'm gonna call it a duck. The mexican's I'm talking about drive early 80's cars with no windows, or black plastic bags taped to the sides, usually have about 100' of bailing wire, and a few 2x4's holding them together. They ARE MEXICAN, FROM MEXICO. They can hit you, and you can't do a **** thing to get any money from them, and sometimes insurance doesn't pay, period. They usually do 20-30mph UNDER the speed limit, most don't have working brake lights or just don't use the brakes since they're going so slow in the first place. Come down here and drive, you'll loose what little hair you have left, Hoss.